Reading fan hit by seat - thrown by Reading fan

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading fan hit by seat - thrown by Reading fan

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Jan 2014 15:54

Supporters should be means tested. If you're not built like a brick shithouse, and don't carry a flare along with you then travelling away with Reading isn't your scene.

Esteban

by Esteban » 09 Jan 2014 15:58

Why should their age matter? You shouldn't go to a football match and get hit by a seat, dropped or thrown. I'd say they have every right to be aggrieved and if the Post want to give them a voice, then why shouldn't they take advantage of it?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Jan 2014 16:45

People like that annoy me. Quit moaning about it to everyone and get over it.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 09 Jan 2014 17:17

bobby1413 People like that annoy me. Quit moaning about it to everyone and get over it.

+1. Looking for some compo no doubt.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Jan 2014 19:02

It ruined their enjoyment of the game. Or do you think once you've been supporting RFC for 30 years or something, you have to stop going. You're all a bunch of idiots. :roll:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Jan 2014 19:29

TBM

I'm guessing the seat hit him in the mouth?

Shit :lol:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Jan 2014 19:30

Royal Lady It ruined their enjoyment of the game

The players have ruined my enjoyment of plenty of games over the years but I haven't gone to the papers about it.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 09 Jan 2014 19:49

White Rougier if they don't like it don't go.

fed up of the family club rep we have.

they also look like a older version of the chuckle brothers after a stroke!

Alright, take it easy, fella......

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 Jan 2014 19:59

SPARTA
LWJ Guy deserved it, heard he was trying to spark violence in the pub beforehand.

They look like wrong'uns.

That's a nice Argyle knit. I wonder where he got it from?

Twix

by Twix » 09 Jan 2014 20:11

When it comes to projectile based traditions I prefer inflatable day on the last day of the season to throwing around bits of the stadium during 3rd round FA cup games.
Luckily I was smart enough to stay away from Brighton after the sign throwing at Crawley last season but if we get a good away game next year I'll be wearing a hard hat and safety goggles.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 09 Jan 2014 20:22

Agreed that this isn't the most newsworthy of stories, but it is hardly the fault of the old Gents that a seat landed on one of their heads and the paper wanted to interview them.

Of course it goes without saying, but some of you really are pathetic for taking the piss out of someone who's suffered a stroke, and for wishing that football was more 'tastyyy'. Grow the fúck up schoolboys!

the taphouse

by the taphouse » 09 Jan 2014 20:30

I heard from someone who knows the said chucker,that he was tryin to throw the seat to danny guithrie the statue slowing everything down in the middle of the park,unfortunately he does not have a strong ARM just like NIGEL :lol:

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 09 Jan 2014 23:42

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 10 Jan 2014 08:34

floyd__streete
JamieY26 He used to serve adults before the kids in the shop despite there clearly being a queue and never used to let you choose your own pick and mix.....

I think this is the more serious issue here. How can 'pick and mix' be such if the 'picker and mixer' isn't the end consumer of said confectionary? I'd be fuming if - for example - someone dropped in some of that cheap and nasty fudge you get in pick and mix, this diluting the proportion of jelly beans I might otherwise get if I served myself :x

the worst was the cheap smarties! This also had a huge effect on my childhood. I can still remember going into Woolworths and waiting 6 hours for an assistant to come and pick my sweets for me! They never came...

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 10 Jan 2014 09:04

TBM

I'm guessing the seat hit him in the mouth?

:lol: did he just say that? :o

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 10 Jan 2014 14:14

In their day, I bet they had proper PE lessons at school where they taught kids how to throw competitively like men using the overarm technique, they should blame Margaret Thatcher for taking the playing fields away, along with the milk. Also, if alcohol was permitted in grounds the lads would not have risked throwing a seat if it risked spilling their pint... again, Thatchers fault.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Jan 2014 14:22

Royal Biscuitman In their day, I bet they had proper PE lessons at school where they taught kids how to throw competitively like men using the overarm technique, they should blame Margaret Thatcher for taking the playing fields away, along with the milk. Also, if alcohol was permitted in grounds the lads would not have risked throwing a seat if it risked spilling their pint... again, Thatchers fault.

There wouldn't have been any seats to throw if not for Thatcher, so her fault again.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 10 Jan 2014 14:29

I think I used to stand on the South Bank very near Mr Twin-on-the-right-of-the-photo. We never got hit by any low flying chairs in those days.

The most violent thing I remember happening under the South Bank clock (not a euphemism) was some people nearby always brought along a big bag of torn up paper and threw it in the air as the players came out. If that gets in your eyes it can sting a bit and they could easily have got a really bad paper cut on their fingers. Flares are much safer IMHO.

Note for non ex-Elm Parkers: Despite it being terracing and you could stand where you liked most people would stand in almost the exact same spot match after match so you always saw the same people around you.

Nobby

by Nobby » 10 Jan 2014 22:28

Some of the more stupid comments on this thread suggest old men should tolerate seat throwing or not to go football matches.

If that's the case at what age are you plonkers going to retire from watching Reading because you appear to believe there is an age limit.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 10 Jan 2014 23:30

Bacon Double Cheese I think I used to stand on the South Bank very near Mr Twin-on-the-right-of-the-photo. We never got hit by any low flying chairs in those days.

The most violent thing I remember happening under the South Bank clock (not a euphemism) was some people nearby always brought along a big bag of torn up paper and threw it in the air as the players came out. If that gets in your eyes it can sting a bit and they could easily have got a really bad paper cut on their fingers. Flares are much safer IMHO.

Note for non ex-Elm Parkers: Despite it being terracing and you could stand where you liked most people would stand in almost the exact same spot match after match so you always saw the same people around you.

I used to get to Elm Park about an hour before kickoff and sit on the South Bank terrace ripping up Argos catologues whilst smoking and turning them in to confetti for when the players came out.