Today's game - Ipswich point of view

ITFC_Keane

Today's game - Ipswich point of view

by ITFC_Keane » 25 Jan 2014 19:13

First up, your MOTM was the dyed-blonde bloke in midfield.

Disappointing to see so few Reading fans at Portman Road. I know we kick you in the knackers with the price of an away ticket (£32.50?) but there barely looked a corner full today, and the few Royals I spoke to on the way back to the station seemed indifferent to their team's fate this season.

My take was: never a penalty first half (good challenge - was right behind it and we got the ball), Pogrebniak looked unfit, McCarthy was given the bum's rush second half and gave us a brief 'w*nker' sign after we jeered him when he went down after a nothing challenge with Murphy. But your left back was amiss for both goals and looked well off the pace.

Hunty and Tabb both gave interviews to the local rag stating how 'up for it' they were and I guess that passion provided the difference in the end. I love Hunty; always gives his all and we underuse him criminally. Tabb is not a favourite of the ITFC faithful; he appears to only put a shift in when he feels like it, and several groaned when we brought him on today.

Otherwise, I thought it was a poorish game in front of a measly crowd and in conditions which, second half, would've flooded Oxf*rd. You'll be back. I expect you to get promoted this season. We're a work in progress.

Good luck for the rest of the season

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Today's game - Ipswich point of view

by WoodleyRoyal » 25 Jan 2014 19:33

still got another week till payday for most people after Christmas expenditure - plus its one of the worst away ends in the football league and the most expensive. tbh I'm surprised anyone went

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Jan 2014 20:08

No Championship club, top end or middle of the run like Ipswich will ever get +£32 off of me, especially with a crap drive there and back on top.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and see you next season!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Jan 2014 20:29

Any Ipswich take on the Hunt challenge on McCarthy that was mentioned on the OS?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 25 Jan 2014 20:34

handbags_harris Any Ipswich take on the Hunt challenge on McCarthy that was mentioned on the OS?

He mentioned that but he said Murphy instead of Hunt.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Jan 2014 20:44

ITFC_Keane My take was: never a penalty first half (good challenge - was right behind it and we got the ball)

@charles_watts (Reading Post)
Still can't work out why the penalty wasn't given in the first half. Ref even admitted to Jobi that he knew there was contact. #ReadingFC

:roll:

handbags_harris Any Ipswich take on the Hunt challenge on McCarthy that was mentioned on the OS?

Nowhere near the ball and was never likely to get it. Very luck to only get a yellow!

eddiegrundy

by eddiegrundy » 25 Jan 2014 21:34

ITFC_Keane First up, your MOTM was the dyed-blonde bloke in midfield.

Disappointing to see so few Reading fans at Portman Road. I know we kick you in the knackers with the price of an away ticket (£32.50?) but there barely looked a corner full today, and the few Royals I spoke to on the way back to the station seemed indifferent to their team's fate this season.

My take was: never a penalty first half (good challenge - was right behind it and we got the ball), Pogrebniak looked unfit, McCarthy was given the bum's rush second half and gave us a brief 'w*nker' sign after we jeered him when he went down after a nothing challenge with Murphy. But your left back was amiss for both goals and looked well off the pace.

Hunty and Tabb both gave interviews to the local rag stating how 'up for it' they were and I guess that passion provided the difference in the end. I love Hunty; always gives his all and we underuse him criminally. Tabb is not a favourite of the ITFC faithful; he appears to only put a shift in when he feels like it, and several groaned when we brought him on today.

Otherwise, I thought it was a poorish game in front of a measly crowd and in conditions which, second half, would've flooded Oxf*rd. You'll be back. I expect you to get promoted this season. We're a work in progress.

Good luck for the rest of the season

That would be Danny Williams.

Disappointing to see so few Ipswich fans at Portman Road.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Jan 2014 22:07

ITFC_Keane Disappointing to see so few Reading fans at Portman Road. I know we kick you in the knackers with the price of an away ticket (£32.50?) but there barely looked a corner full today, and the few Royals I spoke to on the way back to the station seemed indifferent to their team's fate this season.

£32.50 is an absolute disgrace for second rate football, I am not going anywhere near your ground while you charge such ludicrous admission prices. Especially as you have the worst stewards in the division, save possibly Forest.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Jan 2014 22:12

How much do away fans have to pay at our place?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jan 2014 22:15

floyd__streete
ITFC_Keane Disappointing to see so few Reading fans at Portman Road. I know we kick you in the knackers with the price of an away ticket (£32.50?) but there barely looked a corner full today, and the few Royals I spoke to on the way back to the station seemed indifferent to their team's fate this season.

£32.50 is an absolute disgrace for second rate football, I am not going anywhere near your ground while you charge such ludicrous admission prices. Especially as you have the worst stewards in the division, save possibly Forest.

Forest stewards were ok this season i thought

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jan 2014 22:17

SPARTA
ITFC_Keane My take was: never a penalty first half (good challenge - was right behind it and we got the ball)

@charles_watts (Reading Post)
Still can't work out why the penalty wasn't given in the first half. Ref even admitted to Jobi that he knew there was contact. #ReadingFC

:roll:

Nowhere near the ball and was never likely to get it. Very luck to only get a yellow!

Mers was adamant it should've been a red

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 25 Jan 2014 22:22

ITFC_Keane the few Royals I spoke to on the way back to the station seemed indifferent to their team's fate this season.

+1.

Personally the dire football and lack of entertainment of the last 18 months or so (last weeks fluke aside) mean that I've lost a lot of interest / grown out of caring.

If we fluke promotion this season surely we'll be the worst football team in the history of football to ever be promoted from any division ever.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Jan 2014 22:22

So I suppose we're all going to have a little collective hissy fit about Hunt not being sent off after we indignantly defended him for the injury he caused to Petr Cech all those years ago.

ROFLeading fans :lol:

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 25 Jan 2014 22:25

floyd__streete So I suppose we're all going to have a little collective hissy fit about Hunt not being sent off after we indignantly defended him for the injury he caused to Petr Cech all those years ago.

Nope. Couldn't give a cúnt.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Jan 2014 22:27

floyd__streete So I suppose we're all going to have a little collective hissy fit about Hunt not being sent off after we indignantly defended him for the injury he caused to Petr Cech all those years ago.

Cech caused that by putting his head there like a dozy c[u]nt tbf.

Tuck your head in Petr and learn how to spell your f[u]cking name properly.
Last edited by sandman on 25 Jan 2014 22:36, edited 2 times in total.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 25 Jan 2014 22:29

I think most have seen enough of him to know he plays like a yappy Jack Russel terrier that's run onto a pitch chasing the ball, with no control or thought to the well-being of himself or others.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jan 2014 22:31

Fans defending a decision when it happens in favour of them, and complaining when it goes agaist them, is definitely exclusive to ROFLeading fans

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jan 2014 22:36

ITFC_Keane My take was: never a penalty first half (good challenge - was right behind it and we got the ball),

If that was the case, how come a corner wasn't awarded?

Apparently the ref also admitted at half-time that he might have got it wrong and that it should have been a penalty.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 25 Jan 2014 22:39

Pepe the Horseman

Fans defending a decision when it happens in favour of them, and complaining when it goes agaist them, is definitely exclusive to ROFLeading fans

Not sure if SRS...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2014 22:41

Think there's a little bit of difference between chasing a ball and having a keeper slide out in front of you, and going in knees first at a keeper who's dived on the ball. From the descriptions and photos I've seen of this latest incident.