Hooliganism at Reading

455 posts
Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hooliganism at Reading

by Cureton's Volley » 20 Mar 2014 23:07

SmellyAli Anyone who travels away regularly will know all about the TTC (Thames Trains Crew). Every club has a hooligan element and I'm ashamed to say that this bunch of scumbags are up there with the very worst. I can only assume nobody has mentioned them yet out of fear of reprisals.

Come on guys, we all love URZ! But let's not bury our heads in the sand. It's time to say no to the TTC and fight back against the fear that has quite clearly gripped you all.

URZ!!!!!!!1!!!! Till I die and beyond!

When the Thames Turbo rolled into town of a matchday noon, one knew to make for the nearest WH Smiths and cower behind the Calippo freezer... :oops:

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 20 Mar 2014 23:10

"Meanwhile, Northumbria Police lauded the good behavior of 200 Royals fans who packed a Newcastle bar before their game with the Toon last January and even engaged in a "good natured" snowball fight with home supporters following their 2-1 win"
That was a right laugh :D

Taffster

by Taffster » 20 Mar 2014 23:14

Has the press finally caught up with LWJ antics?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 20 Mar 2014 23:40

Late night for the Reading FC Press Office, got a reply from Craig Mortimer-Zhika at 10.41 pm.
Fairly standard reply so no need to post it.
Nice of them to bother though. :)

Needless to say Maurice O'Brien (RC Editor) didn't feel like replying to my questions. :(
The question of "Are you Mad?" will have to remain unanswered for the time being...

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 20 Mar 2014 23:41

Turns out the dedicator is on Twitter if anyone fancies him sending a tweet congratulating him on fine local journalism and the good sense not to issue an apology yet: @RCnewseditor

I for one, Maurice, would like to congratulate you. Your beard makes you look like a hybrid between Santa Claus and Jimmy Saville. Perhaps this could be a course of investigation for your politics team, as they seemingly have nothing better to do?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Mar 2014 00:23

BenReadingFC The photo is taken outside the 3 Guineas after our home game with Crystal Palace in 2011

Never forgive, never forget.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Mar 2014 00:26

Seriously though, everyone banging on about libel seems to have missed the point that the whole article is based on facts provided by the police.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Mar 2014 00:28

Hooliganism and RFC are 2 words that should never be in the same sentence, it is complete crap.

Our 'firm' has about 3 people in it (if that)

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Mar 2014 00:30

SmellyAli Anyone who travels away regularly will know all about the TTC (Thames Trains Crew). Every club has a hooligan element and I'm ashamed to say that this bunch of scumbags are up there with the very worst. I can only assume nobody has mentioned them yet out of fear of reprisals.

Come on guys, we all love URZ! But let's not bury our heads in the sand. It's time to say no to the TTC and fight back against the fear that has quite clearly gripped you all.

TTC? Are you being serious?? :shock:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 21 Mar 2014 00:52

loyalroyal4life

TTC? Are you being serious?? :shock:

It has been deadly serious since the days where tooled up rucks with opposition firms were arranged via the Rivals.net message boards. From those first steps into digital comms, they have been pushed into the dark underworlds of the internet, now setting up clandestine meets with the enemy well away from prying eyes and the arm of Plod. Hence our arrest figures seem low, but hide the true horrors inflicted by the TTC.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 21 Mar 2014 00:58

"Reading followers are also accused of getting involved in sickening chants focused on race and the Hillsborough disaster. During a match against Liverpool on April 13th, Police say Royals fans started mocking their rivals about the 1989 tragedy in which 96 Liverpool supporters died".

What a load of shit. I'm in Y26 right next to the away fans. Never heard any of that sort of shit. My ears must've been deafened by the flash bang grenades that the Liverpool support brang with them to celebrate Maggie's death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ykfkSLKEVY

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 21 Mar 2014 01:13

when Royals hooligans chased a group of terrified QPR fans through the town centre.

Tredder causing trouble again, I see.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 21 Mar 2014 01:15

No Fixed Abode

I can reliably confirm that these two "top girls" are ring leaders in Reading's hooligan element, they should both be banned.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 21 Mar 2014 01:19

Maguire lol@ the OB claiming to have broken up that Fulham row after a minute.

Great work by the Police, the last thing we want to see is a fight breaking out over who treasures Waitrose the most.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 21 Mar 2014 01:28

Maguire Seriously though, everyone banging on about libel seems to have missed the point that the whole article is based on facts provided by the police.

Front page is seriously misleading.

The front page gives the distinct impression that Reading fans have engaged in 'Nazi Salutes' and 'exploding flares' (what with these phrases being written mere millimetres away from their model dressed in Reading shirt and scarf).
In fact, within the article neither the police nor anyone else has provided any facts that Reading fans have engaged in Nazi salutes or exploding flares and the only times these are mentioned relates to non-Reading fans. Yet there it is right on the front page.

How could they claim "We didn't mean to imply that Reading fans performed Nazi Salutes" when they've put the phrase next to their own mocked up picture of a Reading fan?

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 21 Mar 2014 01:57

Maguire
BenReadingFC The photo is taken outside the 3 Guineas after our home game with Crystal Palace in 2011

Never forgive, never forget.

I remember a mini riot after this game outside off the Battle Inn on the Oxford Road, very apt. Saw a copper get knocked out after having one of those spinning in the wind national lottery signs clobbered over his head http://www.royals.org/matdoc/210996.html

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 21 Mar 2014 02:12

what utter tripe, no doubt written by a clueless rugby fan

the idiot who wrote it should apologise

this is the sort of thing The Sun would publish not a local paper. sales must be really bad

is it April 1st?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Mar 2014 05:07

During the match police were told Reading supporters had
racially abused a Millwall player. Reading FC sent two plain
clothes staff to sit in the area and, after speaking to other fans,
they established that no racial abuse had been used and there
had actually been chants about the player being fat.

Why was this even put in the article? Apart from comedic value........ :D

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Mar 2014 05:40

Wonder if they have gone round to get the copies of this back? It's a must buy now, will go down in club history.
Farewell The Reading Chronicle, RIP in peace

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 21 Mar 2014 05:46

southbank1871 Where's Libertine when you need him? We could do with starting an old school, internet themed, flame war against the Chronicle, that will last years.

Helllllllllllloooooo...you rang? :twisted: :D

But then would be accused of being internet hooligans too? :P

455 posts