Hooliganism at Reading

455 posts
boycey

Re: Hooliganism at Reading

by boycey » 28 Apr 2016 17:26

MoorgateRoyal When we played Tranmere away back in 01/02 someone shouted 'fukk off Reading' out of a car window at me (I was wearing a Reading shirt and was 11 years of age). I thought he shouted 'come on Reading' and put my thumb up at him.

When my dad said they were Tranmere fans and had in fact sworn at me, I distinctly remember letting out a huge fart (had I not have had a dump at the services on the way up, it would have been solid) and that was the moment I understood the term 'shitting yourself'.

The abuse from a car full of grown men, let it be known, completely terrified me and said nothing at all for the rest of the walk up to the ground, although I remember getting out a sly 'fukk off Tranmere' during one of the game's tense moments, and my old man letting it slide (he usually told me and my brother off for swearing). I began to feel better after that and Tony Rougier's diving header, coupled with John Salako's free-kick, made me feel even better.

That was my first face-to-face dealing with anything even resembling a hoolie and I shat it completely, a feature that has remained into adulthood. And I still hate Tranmere.

Sounds like you were lucky to escape with your life.
This sounds like something Danny Dyer would like to hear about.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Apr 2016 18:03

MoorgateRoyal When we played Tranmere away back in 01/02 someone shouted 'fukk off Reading' out of a car window at me (I was wearing a Reading shirt and was 11 years of age). I thought he shouted 'come on Reading' and put my thumb up at him.

When my dad said they were Tranmere fans and had in fact sworn at me, I distinctly remember letting out a huge fart (had I not have had a dump at the services on the way up, it would have been solid) and that was the moment I understood the term 'shitting yourself'.

The abuse from a car full of grown men, let it be known, completely terrified me and said nothing at all for the rest of the walk up to the ground, although I remember getting out a sly 'fukk off Tranmere' during one of the game's tense moments, and my old man letting it slide (he usually told me and my brother off for swearing). I began to feel better after that and Tony Rougier's diving header, coupled with John Salako's free-kick, made me feel even better.

That was my first face-to-face dealing with anything even resembling a hoolie and I shat it completely, a feature that has remained into adulthood. And I still hate Tranmere.

That sounds horrifying mate. Do you still have nightmares?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 28 Apr 2016 19:22

Forbury Lion wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:
Who's Kirbs?

Kirby is a legend.

Cheers Forbs. And, for the uninitiated, Kirbs used to fly between us and the Spammers. As for others in the so called 'airline' crew, read Big Clive (as in Goddard), Paddy O'Connor, Mick Large, Alan Warren.....the list goes on.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 29 Apr 2016 06:28

Ark Royal League Cup tie at Elm Park vs Fulham in August 72. Really went off in the Town End and remember seeing some poor young plod having seven shades kicked out of him. Trouble after the game all along the Oxford Road and the train station was a war zone. My Dad had to drive from Brackers to pick me up.

Prolly the best 'bundle' I saw at EP..... actually quite comical watching various plod helmets flying through the air.

Brizzol City wins the award for most disorder, though. West country wazzocks running out of A block across the pitch to the Southbank.... and half the town end being ripped up and thrown on the pitch before Terry Cooper had to go in at h/t to restore order.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 29 Apr 2016 08:34

genome

I see a therapist regularly.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 29 Apr 2016 16:54

MoorgateRoyal
genome

At first glance I thought you said 'I see the rapist regularly.'

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 29 Apr 2016 17:05

Ark Royal
MoorgateRoyal
genome

Dr. Funke. He's in fact the world's first analrapist - a combination of analyst and therapist.

tonyrfc

by tonyrfc » 02 May 2016 18:48

The Cap
Forbury Lion wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:
Who's Kirbs?

Kirby is a legend.

Cheers Forbs. And, for the uninitiated, Kirbs used to fly between us and the Spammers. As for others in the so called 'airline' crew, read Big Clive (as in Goddard), Paddy O'Connor, Mick Large, Alan Warren.....the list goes on.

Kirby was a top man. His funeral was a proper rogues gallery. Anyone else on here go?

Lewie

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 02 May 2016 21:44

Kirkby gave a few of us a massive bollocking when we were at Sheffield Wednesday away and got started on by their yoof walking from the tram stop in Hillsborough to the ground. He was basically saying that if you wore any labels to football you should expect to get involved in a ruck.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 May 2016 09:02

I remember getting beaten to a pulp several times by opposing fans but even as around ten people kicked me while I was on the ground I was still smiling. Great days.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 May 2016 13:38

Salad days indeed Norfolk.

tonyrfc

by tonyrfc » 08 May 2016 09:13

I know what you mean Norfolk. Strangely satisfying to take a slap for the boys. Certainly got the adrenaline flowing. Even better when you got a 'result'

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Nov 2019 13:37

Ark Royal
MoorgateRoyal
genome

One wearing a 2001 Tranmere Home Shirt

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Nov 2019 13:41

Reading4eva
Ark Royal
MoorgateRoyal

One wearing a 2001 Tranmere Home Shirt

Why are you bumping a thread from 3 years ago. Go away.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Nov 2019 13:49

Because he's reminiscing about a time when he didn't support Bournemouth.

455 posts