loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: If we get there will you go?

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Apr 2014 10:53

Why would you not want to go?

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 10:54

loyalroyal4life Why would you not want to go?

Oh hi. I'm on holiday.

Dano

by Dano » 07 Apr 2014 10:57

Definitely in!

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 07 Apr 2014 10:58

liamobey

Oh hi. I'm on holiday.

Is this whole thread about you trying to justify your bad planning?

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 11:00

wally bassoon
liamobey

Oh hi. I'm on holiday.

Is this whole thread about you trying to justify your bad planning?

Do you really think I plan my life around football? :)

I know I'm pathetic but come on.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Apr 2014 11:12

Liamobey is clearly just an attention seeking filthy whore bag and shouldn't be given any more of our valuable* time.

If you don't want to go, fine, but there's no need to tell us all why. We really couldn't give a sh*t what you do, and the fact people like you wouldn't go is probably a good thing.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Apr 2014 11:13

well. i give a shit

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 07 Apr 2014 11:14

We best get the Green Man again. That'll be awesome. However if QPR are in it, I don't think we will (I think we will play them in the Semis). If Derby are in it, its probably 50/50 but we should get that pub over Wigan and their 15 fans

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 07 Apr 2014 11:17

Oh and I will be there ;)

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Apr 2014 11:24

liamobey

Oh hi. I'm on holiday.

Because mummy and daddy are on holiday and they will not let little Liam stay in the house on his own yet.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Apr 2014 11:25

:| :| :|

he defo lives with his wife, and is a 'proper' grown up

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 07 Apr 2014 11:26

To me, The Championship Play Off Final is one of the most exciting, interesting and unique games in club football anywhere in the world.

Buried just beneath the surface of the mainstream cups and assorted finals - high stakes 'winner takes all game', big crowd, played at one of the most famous venues on the planet, one-off game at the end of a long season, an opportunity for less fashionable clubs and fans to experience what a huge pressure cooker game in front of massive attendance is all about, you just can't explain the scale of the game and day out to your non football friends and family as they wish you good luck, butterflies in your stomach, tense feelings which even the most solid of personalities gets affected by, you have to get reasonably pissed to help even out both potential outcomes - the horrible despair of losing or unconstrained thrill of winning. In!

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 11:26

bobby1413 Liamobey is clearly just an attention seeking filthy whore bag and shouldn't be given any more of our valuable* time.

If you don't want to go, fine, but there's no need to tell us all why. We really couldn't give a sh*t what you do, and the fact people like you wouldn't go is probably a good thing.

Clearly my apathy as a Reading fan ends at the tip of my Sky remote.

Sorry for upsetting you.
I'm not looking for any attention.
It's not that i don't want to go....I'm on HOLIDAY
I was just wondering if anyone else would be missing it and if they were not all that bothered by the fact.

I didn't say "Nobody should go. What's the point?" did I?
It's an open question (I learnt about open questions in my telesales job)

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Apr 2014 11:33

Royalclapper To me, The Championship Play Off Final is one of the most exciting, interesting and unique games in club football anywhere in the world.

Buried just beneath the surface of the mainstream cups and assorted finals - high stakes 'winner takes all game', big crowd, played at one of the most famous venues on the planet, one-off game at the end of a long season, an opportunity for less fashionable clubs and fans to experience what a huge pressure cooker game in front of massive attendance is all about, you just can't explain the scale of the game and day out to your non football friends and family as they wish you good luck, butterflies in your stomach, tense feelings which even the most solid of personalities gets affected by, you have to get reasonably pissed to help even out both potential outcomes - the horrible despair of losing or unconstrained thrill of winning. In!

This.

The Swansea one was immense, even with the final result. And, well, you can take defeat because there's always going to be another go at it.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Apr 2014 11:33

If itall works out as it stands at the moment I'll miss the semis as I'll have just had chemo before the home leg and I'll never go to Loftus road

When we overcme Harry's expensive flops though I'm well in for the final, last time was a right good day out

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Apr 2014 11:36

Schards#2 Desperately want us to get promoted, as being in the prem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>being in the champ

Also love watching us in high profile games

An obvious, unconditional IN

Bit of a dilemma for you when Reading play City though.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 07 Apr 2014 11:39

wally bassoon My ideal season at the moment culminates in a play off final loss.

The prem is not that enjoyable, get a good day out on the pi$$ at Wemberley and the club make a lot of money.

So in, if we get there.

This is absolute madness. Whether we'll be shit in the Premier League or not, surely you want to see what it's like to win a play-off final? If we get there, we'll lose in the final anyway, but yes I will go.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Apr 2014 11:46

I think I'm developing some awful Pavlovian response to tragic failure in play off games

1995 - obvious
2001 - Best. OG. Ever.
2003 - Forster's injury in the first leg, Pardew Tactical Genius in the second
2009 - Bikey vs the bee
2011 - Rodgered

The very thought of some tragic failure is making me salivate.

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 11:53

stealthpapes I think I'm developing some awful Pavlovian response to tragic failure in play off games

1995 - obvious
2001 - Best. OG. Ever.
2003 - Forster's injury in the first leg, Pardew Tactical Genius in the second
2009 - Bikey vs the bee
2011 - Rodgered

The very thought of some tragic failure is making me salivate.

Maybe Danny Williams will score what he thinks is an americanesque "walk -off-in-overtime" golden goal and go batshet mental, only to discover that we have to carry on playing due to some ridiculously old and boring tradition.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 07 Apr 2014 13:00

liamobey I've been to 3 playoff finals.

The second one in Cardiff hurt more than the first.
The Dido song "Thank You" montage at the end of the highlights I taped, bringing me to floods of tears every time. Cureton's little smiley face after scoring the first. The Darren Caskey unused sub incident.....and I still don't know what Pardew was doing starting Jimmy McIntyre.
Anyway. The first Wembley I was a bit too young for it to really hit me, and I was way too excited about the new yellow goalie top than I was about the game in the end.
The last Wembley one just made me numb......I was back at Paddington by final whistle, tbh. Chasing the booze.

I will not be going this year if we make it. I'm glad to say that I'll be on holiday. I am not going to anymore games this season and it's pointless going to the semi's because if we do make the final I won't be able to go.

Just wondered if anyone else is in this situation and if anyone's just satisfied watching the games on TV these days?

You are Adam Federici and ICMF :lol: