BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

211 posts
SHORT AND CURLY

Re: BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

by SHORT AND CURLY » 15 Apr 2014 07:03

Pog was hopeless last night. Harry Rednapps gran would do a better job. Oh and his aunt could replace Drenthe. Utterly useless. Neither would get in any other championship team.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 15 Apr 2014 07:08

Unbelievable Jeff

Personally, I didn't see any pride or effort tonight that was different from any other game, which is usually nil. Slowing down the play with 10 minutes left, barely getting a shot on goal in the last quarter. I didn't see anything that showed the fight in the boys tonight.

Unbelievable Jeff
he came on in the 84th minute of a game where we had 10 men and Leicester were keeping possession. Cut him a bit of slack .

Mixed messages there.
FWIW - I may too have wanted to settle for a draw with 10 men on the pitch against the team on top of the league, but they did have one eye on the beach, so Drenthe should have had a dig at them.

I must also say that Im massively impressed that having played 42 games of the season that we still think playing Pog up front on his own is going to get us a result.
And yes, Im massively impressed that winning free kicks in and around the box has become such a priority for us.

We werent that bad tonight, tbh, but the squad was hamstrung by tactics before they even got on the pitch. Please, please, please can we play less conservatively for the last 4 games? I know its not the greatest looking of run-ins, but we're sixth now, at least try and keep it - even if it is a pipe dream.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Apr 2014 07:13

Can't please some people on here.

People who have said "if Leicester were chasing promotion we would have been easily beaten" ... Well, they aren't chasing it, and even if they were why would we have lost? We often play better in "bigger" games.

"The ref was very poor"? Was he? He may not have given us a penalty but I think he was alright compared to others.

"We have no team" - depends on context. What I saw was a team that were fighting together and seemed united in it. Gunter, Mcanuff and Mccleary (I think) all gee'ing up the fans. They showed passion, even after the first 30 minutes. Cut them a break at times.

Fans need perspective. We are in 6th and it's still in our hands so I don't see why everyone is so negative. I see the issues, I know the problems but we've seen them in the last 42 games. The players must feel it too, and last night they worked their nuts off.

Good atmosphere I thought. The Leicester "one direction" were honestly really fuuucking annoying. Away fans rarely bothered me but they were distracting, unfunny and annoying. Stewards in y25 ushering fans to sit down at around the 50 minute mark (I think) again. Improvement on Bournemouth, still not sure if I will go I Doncaster, money/time/league position dependant

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 15 Apr 2014 07:51

SPARTA
McCarthy - 7

Gunter - 7
Bridge - 4
Pearce - 7
Morrison - 6

McAnuff - 4
McCleary - 7
Obita - 7
Hector - 8
Williams - 8

Pogrebnyak - 4

Would be close to my ratings too, bar elevating McAnuff to a 6. Bridge and Pog were comfortably the worst players that started. No idea why Adkins dicked around with our back 5, replacing Obita with Bridge or continues to persist with one up front.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 15 Apr 2014 08:14

Cureton's Volley Yet again we failed to use options to stretch the opposition, too often choosing to play back infield into trouble. Leicester on the other hand gave our full-backs a torrid time. We are painfully slow to attack space round or behind defenses - especially from throw-ins. Leicester demonstrated a couple of times how quick wits at throw-ins can make good ground and cause trouble.

My thoughts, too. Our wingers look to have had the ability to play on the wing coached out of them - none willing to try to get to the byline, always wanting to cut inside, never available out wide to take the pressure off the man on the ball.

First half was ok, second was pretty dire with us unable to string more than 2 passes together. Pretty fortunate to come away with a point really.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Apr 2014 08:19

A much improved team effort from the Royals after the dross we have watched at home in February and March.

Williams, Obita and Hector all look comfortable in midfield.

The Pog should have an audition for the Bolshoi Ballet he seems to be well trained for an appearance in Swan Lake.

Bridge and McAuff were very poor.
Last edited by The Real Sandhurst Royal on 15 Apr 2014 08:57, edited 1 time in total.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 15 Apr 2014 08:31

Piss off! Jobi gives more than the majority of our team, bar the youngsters. What's irritating me is that we can't get some passion for those youngsters who without a shadow of a doubt half of them will be playing Premier League football in 3 years time with or without us. It's the likes of Pog who I would like to see out the door. Cue the you never liked him anyway... But some idiots on here have forgotten Jobi's achievements at this club. Yes he may not be the worlds greatest player but he is significantly better than the majority of shit that we have to shift, Premier League or not in the summer (including one that use to play for Real Madrid - now been overtaken by a former Wimbledon player)

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Apr 2014 08:47

Reading4eva wrote: Piss off! Jobi gives more than the majority of our team, bar the youngsters. What's irritating me is that we can't get some passion for those youngsters who without a shadow of a doubt half of them will be playing Premier League football in 3 years time with or without us. It's the likes of Pog who I would like to see out the door. Cue the you never liked him anyway... But some idiots on here have forgotten Jobi's achievements at this club. Yes he may not be the worlds greatest player but he is significantly better than the majority of shit that we have to shift, Premier League or not in the summer (including one that use to play for Real Madrid - now been overtaken by a former Wimbledon player)

Calm down, take a chill pill.

A comment about Jobi having A poor game does warrant your rant.

Go back to bed and start the day again.

scumbag

by scumbag » 15 Apr 2014 08:50

Anybody got a link i can watch the full game back on?

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 15 Apr 2014 09:11

All in all, I thought we were pretty good last night. Pog, Bridge negatives - Gunter, Williams, McLeary, McCarthy main positives (don't blame McCarthy for not seeing strike, one of those things)- Obita's delivery brilliant and centre backs and McCarthy pretty good. I actually thought Ledge played his position well and was useful prior to clumsy sending off 2nd yellow (first yellow he was a bit unlucky with).

McLeary, Gunter and Williams movement is by far the most potent aspect of our game.

We need to have a QPR-esque performance at Wigan to have a chance of 6th probably and we will see if we can get it. I think Ipswich and Brighton are not that special - Bournemouth are a nice little team and could grab it..

---------------------------
Brighton have great fixtures, Ipswich's are pretty nasty (and play Bournemouth).... - we prob need Huddersfield to get a result on Friday to have a chance...

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 15 Apr 2014 09:22

SHORT AND CURLY Pog was hopeless last night. Harry Rednapps gran would do a better job. Oh and his aunt could replace Drenthe. Utterly useless. Neither would get in any other championship team.

wouldn't agree, he got shit support and any passes to him were just lumps up the field not balls to his feet.

Couple of silly dives but can't fault him for effort was involved in mostly everything going forward.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 15 Apr 2014 09:25

Thought we did alright against the future champions. They are a good squad and we gave them a run for it at times.

Shame Williams had to come off he was up for taking the game to them.

Thought it was set up for Drenthe to win it on his own yet we didn't seem to want to steer the game his way.

Good to see Morro back I'm a lot more relaxed with him and Pearce at the back.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Apr 2014 09:27

HoneyRoastHoax Thought it was set up for Drenthe to win it on his own yet we didn't seem to want to steer the game his way.

lol

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 15 Apr 2014 09:33

Half the team is injured, even those on the pitch.

Madness.

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 15 Apr 2014 09:39

Thought Leicester looked a quality team, but we competed well played the game at a much higher tempo and got the Bournemouth shambles out of our system. Next season would like to see Hector with either Pearce or Morrison alongside him, and get a proper centre forward not the joke we have at present, was he constantly looking for Ukranian snipers or what, people say play the ball into his feet, so we do and it just pings off him and all this garbage about him working like a Trojan , that would be a Trojan who doesn't run, rarely closes down and for his size is shocking in the air

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 15 Apr 2014 09:40

Pepe the Horseman
HoneyRoastHoax Thought it was set up for Drenthe to win it on his own yet we didn't seem to want to steer the game his way.

lol

yeah I know, I do it every time he comes on. But surely he can't have lost all of his skill, it has to surface one of these days

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 15 Apr 2014 09:41

billybraggsbeard Thought Leicester looked a quality team, but we competed well played the game at a much higher tempo and got the Bournemouth shambles out of our system. Next season would like to see Hector with either Pearce or Morrison alongside him, and get a proper centre forward not the joke we have at present, was he constantly looking for Ukranian snipers or what, people say play the ball into his feet, so we do and it just pings off him and all this garbage about him working like a Trojan , that would be a Trojan who doesn't run, rarely closes down and for his size is shocking in the air

you're an idiot. Does your dad bring a pillow so you can see over the nice man in front?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 15 Apr 2014 09:44

people were getting genuinely angry about Obita being taken off, screaming abuse at Atkins for it and booing. Atkins then confirmed on the radio after that he was injured and even said to the bench he couldn't carry on.

At some point thick mong fans are going to have to accept that they do not know best

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 15 Apr 2014 09:47

soggy biscuit people were getting genuinely angry about Obita being taken off, screaming abuse at Atkins for it and booing. Atkins then confirmed on the radio after that he was injured and even said to the bench he couldn't carry on.

At some point thick mong fans are going to have to accept that they do not know best

He got a nasty knee just into the side of his thigh, the player should have been booked for it, and wasn't the same after that. Although Adkins said it was calf.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2014 09:50

Lol @ the forty-something f11cktards sat behind me last night.

We cannot make 11 substitutions you doughnuts...even if he's "f11ckin sh1t get im off you cant" x11

211 posts