Nothing special just an interesting statement from Kitson

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Nothing special just an interesting statement from Kitso

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2014 16:04

yet if nige brought some no mark cambridge player today you'd all go off on one about how we should be buying jose manuel ortega from sporting algarve* for 5 million quid

*does not exist

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Apr 2014 16:12

Winchester Royal Makes you realise what quality we used to have when you compare it to now. His first game, away at Palace IIRC, was over 10 years ago now?

I don't think any of the current squad would get in.
One of my favourite ever RFC players and good enough IMHO to get an England call-up based on that first Premier League season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2014 17:18

Fav player bar none and best striker ive seen play for us.

I said at the time that the one striker we should.keep on relegation was kitson. He would not have gone more ssing the wY doyle.did. but riggott ruined his career with that injury and stome was a terrible move for him

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 16 Apr 2014 17:43

Ian Royal Fav player bar none and best striker ive seen play for us.

I said at the time that the one striker we should.keep on relegation was kitson. He would not have gone more ssing the wY doyle.did. but riggott ruined his career with that injury and stome was a terrible move for him

Posting from a Tablet Ian or just Drunk? :lol:

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 16 Apr 2014 19:15

tidus_mi2 Speaking of the 106 team, they were pretty much average to above average Championship players

Behave.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 16 Apr 2014 19:35

Good player in the day but don't like the hiding behind the "Secret Footballer" stuff slagging off former teammates and managers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2014 19:58

Tilehurstsouthbank
Ian Royal Fav player bar none and best striker ive seen play for us.

Posting from a Tablet Ian or just Drunk? :lol:

Was phone. Now drunk.

retro royal

by retro royal » 16 Apr 2014 20:34

Surely his biggest regret was getting caught drink driving, never played the same after that

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Apr 2014 20:42

...unlike Rio with his "substances" Kes

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 16 Apr 2014 22:02

I feel so sorry for the new supporters who never witnessed the 05-06 season. It was a magical time (Chilean Merlot taking over here now :oops: ), and I do urge everyone to beg/borrow/steal the 2005-06 season double DVD.

Whenever Mrs Strap is away, RFC have had a shit result and the Merlot is flowing, there is nothing better than grabbing a hunk of Stilton, krackerwheat, and settling down to watch nearly 3 hours of totally absorbing football, played in the spirit it was meant to be played, by players who clearly played for the love of the game and for their respect in Sir Steve. I cried in the downstairs loo of my ex-wife when I was dropping my youngest off in Nottingham the day of the Leicester game when we got promoted, I cried at the end of the Derby 5-0 game when we got the championship, and I fill up everytime I watch that bloody DVD!! That's why I can't watch it in company!!

I must be the soppiest git ever to support RFC, and I don't give a sh!t! 2005-06 was a TEAM!! DK was an integral part of it and we mere supporters can only ever guess at what it must have been like to play in that team. I would guess that most of the players that season will regard that season as the high point of their careers. Love them all to bits!!

Bollocks, have to go off now and put the bloody DVD on again! Yes, Mrs Strap is out, but due back shortly - goodness only knows what state she'll find me in!! :oops:

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 16 Apr 2014 22:30

strap I feel so sorry for the new supporters who never witnessed the 05-06 season. It was a magical time (Chilean Merlot taking over here now :oops: ), and I do urge everyone to beg/borrow/steal the 2005-06 season double DVD.

Whenever Mrs Strap is away, RFC have had a shit result and the Merlot is flowing, there is nothing better than grabbing a hunk of Stilton, krackerwheat, and settling down to watch nearly 3 hours of totally absorbing football, played in the spirit it was meant to be played, by players who clearly played for the love of the game and for their respect in Sir Steve. I cried in the downstairs loo of my ex-wife when I was dropping my youngest off in Nottingham the day of the Leicester game when we got promoted, I cried at the end of the Derby 5-0 game when we got the championship, and I fill up everytime I watch that bloody DVD!! That's why I can't watch it in company!!

I must be the soppiest git ever to support RFC, and I don't give a sh!t! 2005-06 was a TEAM!! DK was an integral part of it and we mere supporters can only ever guess at what it must have been like to play in that team. I would guess that most of the players that season will regard that season as the high point of their careers. Love them all to bits!!

Bollocks, have to go off now and put the bloody DVD on again! Yes, Mrs Strap is out, but due back shortly - goodness only knows what state she'll find me in!! :oops:

Arse, I'm firing up the dvd now as well....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Apr 2014 22:46

It was such a strange season. Some teams have games where all 11 players play at the absolute top of their game for 90 minutes. Some players have seasons where they play at the absolute top of their game for 46 games. That season we really had a squad of 15 players who absolutely played at the top of their game for every game. There's no words to describe that level of team spirit and it required every one to be 100% committed to each other. There has never been a season where I went into every game expecting to win, where you are dissappointed with a draw away to our nearest rivals (we did miss a last minute penalty after all).

I remember Ian Holloway talking about having us watched before our game at Loftus Rd. It was the only time a scout had ever reported to him that the opposition had no weaknesses. In other words, if you play at your absolute best and we have an off day, you might have a sniff of a chance. Kitson was the epitome of that team, absolute determination and confidence in his own ability, absolute belief in his team mates and a certain swagger without being cocky or arrogant.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Apr 2014 22:59

My favourite goal from 2005/06 (better than Little's at Plymouth for me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2JchWF-udo

From 2:57.
It's just jizzworthy.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 16 Apr 2014 23:13

Convey's first V Millwall - my Favorite goal from that season, and probably ever that I have seen at the Madejski....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Apr 2014 23:16

genome My favourite goal from 2005/06 (better than Little's at Plymouth for me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2JchWF-udo

From 2:57.
It's just jizzworthy.

My goodness I'd forgotten how good the build up play and the goal was.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Apr 2014 23:19

This thread is just making me feel worse about Adkins, something I didn't think possible. He would of screwed that team up

urzmikep

by urzmikep » 17 Apr 2014 00:07

Silver Fox This thread is just making me feel worse about Adkins, something I didn't think possible. He would of screwed that team up

Well said that man - totally agree having watched that clip it just brings home what quality players we had back then and what a load of shite we have now - can't wait for this season to hurry up and p*ss off. For one that promised so much has turned out to be a big pile of steaming poo!!

I know that Adkins hasn't had the money he was promised, but I've still yet to see how he has improved our style of play. I manage an U14's team and they're able to pass the ball better than our current squad!!!

Please, please can we have a new manager with a bit of passion - Phil Parkinson/Graeme Murty your time has come to save our beloved team!!

scumbag

by scumbag » 17 Apr 2014 00:23

Dave KItson is my favourite ever Royal, i'd do anything to see him attempt his trademark slide tackle on the keeper in the hoops one more time.
I'm about to youtube the 106 season, we were so lucky to have experienced something so special, you really start to realise that now.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Apr 2014 00:30

urzmikep
Silver Fox This thread is just making me feel worse about Adkins, something I didn't think possible. He would of screwed that team up

Well said that man - totally agree having watched that clip it just brings home what quality players we had back then and what a load of shite we have now - can't wait for this season to hurry up and p*ss off. For one that promised so much has turned out to be a big pile of steaming poo!!

I know that Adkins hasn't had the money he was promised, but I've still yet to see how he has improved our style of play. I manage an U14's team and they're able to pass the ball better than our current squad!!!

Please, please can we have a new manager with a bit of passion - Phil Parkinson/Graeme Murty your time has come to save our beloved team!!

Yep, watching that and other 106 clips you see just how much pace and desire that team had. Scary when you compare it to the current team's performance vs. Leicester on Monday!

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 17 Apr 2014 01:46

genome
urzmikep

Yep, watching that and other 106 clips you see just how much pace and desire that team had. Scary when you compare it to the current team's performance vs. Leicester on Monday!

The only one of our present squad that could hope to get in that 106 team is Williams and then only if Sidwell had a broken leg.