Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by Royalwaster » 14 Jun 2014 19:19

winchester_royal
Y21 What concerns me, is that it is only local media reporting on this. Surely if there was any meat on this, then the nationals would have picked up on it and would at least be giving a couple of column inches to it. Especially given the clusterfuck that our club is at present.

I'll believe it when its on the OS. No offence Dave, but you do seem an utter oxf*rd.

Given that Jonny Fordham now whores himself out to the nationals I'm sure you'll see something in the next day or two. Don't forget the deal was (apparently) only signed yesterday evening so rather unlikely that a media currently gripped by WC fever would have picked up on it.

AZ's takeover was signed days before announcement without even local media picking up on it.

Club have leaked to local media to keep fans in the loop, but will want a nice big shiny official announcement to make a splash once this weekend is over.

I just find it amazing that people claim to have seen these people about - in cars and on trains - and no-one in this age of social media bothered to take a photo.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2014 19:20

Y21 What concerns me, is that it is only local media reporting on this. Surely if there was any meat on this, then the nationals would have picked up on it and would at least be giving a couple of column inches to it. Especially given the clusterfuck that our club is at present.

I'll believe it when its on the OS. No offence Dave, but you do seem an utter oxf*rd.

What, like they were all over the fact our owner hasn't been seen since September.

Too busy concentrating on the circus at Leeds.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Jun 2014 19:33

Royalwaster I just find it amazing that people claim to have seen these people about - in cars and on trains - and no-one in this age of social media bothered to take a photo.

The first Tweet about Asians being shown around he Madstad was accompanied by a picture.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Jun 2014 19:35

floyd__streete Some Thai consortium then? Can I be the first to say.....this sounds like another untrustworthy shower :|

Just because they're Thai, or because you've used the word "some" rather than "a" and appended the word "consortium" in an attempt to make them sound dodgy?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Jun 2014 19:41

Pseud O'Nym
floyd__streete Some Thai consortium then? Can I be the first to say.....this sounds like another untrustworthy shower :|

Just because they're Thai, or because you've used the word "some" rather than "a" and appended the word "consortium" in an attempt to make them sound dodgy?

I have to say I was surprised, as Floyd's normally so optimistic.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Jun 2014 19:43

Thai investment in English football clubs has gone so very well thus far hasn't it :|

Biggest question would be.....why would you want to buy Reading FC :?: There is absolutely no money whatsoever to be made out of some small provincial backwater football club unless you are wanting to make a nice tidy profit on the land, of course :!:

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Jun 2014 19:50

floyd__streete Thai investment in English football clubs has gone so very well thus far hasn't it :|

I thought Leicester were doing okay myself.

floyd__streete Biggest question would be.....why would you want to buy Reading FC :?: There is absolutely no money whatsoever to be made out of some small provincial backwater football club unless you are wanting to make a nice tidy profit on the land, of course :!:

Which goes for any potential owner regardless of race creed or nationality.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Jun 2014 19:51

British con artist we might be able to trace > offshore consortium or hedge fund.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jun 2014 20:38

floyd__streete Thai investment in English football clubs has gone so very well thus far hasn't it :|

Biggest question would be.....why would you want to buy Reading FC :?: There is absolutely no money whatsoever to be made out of some small provincial backwater football club unless you are wanting to make a nice tidy profit on the land, of course :!:

There is no profit to make on the land, unless someone can think of a way of selling a second hand stadium to someone . You would not be able to build houses, offices, shops or anything sellable on the land...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2014 20:46

floyd__streete British con artist we might be able to trace > offshore consortium or hedge fund.

We don't know it's an offshore consortium or a hedge fund though do we. It could be an individual. I think we've all realised the dangers of consortiums led by someone who doesn't actually have huge amounts of cash.

There are good owners out there. They're a minority, but they do exist. We're a decent buy compared to a lot of clubs out there. Obviously there are better clubs, but I'm not sure there are many with at least as good a set up and position for a comparable price.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Jun 2014 20:50

floyd__streete British con artist we might be able to trace > offshore consortium or hedge fund.

All the reports so far speak of a wealthy individual while you, again, use the terms "offshore consortium or hedge fund" to try to put the deal in the worst light.

Semantics aside, it's bollocks anyway, a British conman is no less likely than a foreign national to keep their assets and holding company offshore.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 14 Jun 2014 21:09

Not actually sure what you would be happy with. #theglassishalfemptygirlfriendhasrunoffwithmybestmatlostmywallet

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Jun 2014 21:23

floyd__streete Biggest question would be.....why would you want to buy Reading FC :?: There is absolutely no money whatsoever to be made out of some small provincial backwater football club unless you are wanting to make a nice tidy profit on the land, of course :!:

Maybe the same reason that people have bought clubs in the past - they get a bit of joy out of owning a club.

25 years ago there were local millionaires who could step in and buy a club. These days they have to be a bit richer. The days of a local builder or local ex rock star being linked to buying the club are gone.

And English football is huge in Thailand, and not purely for Liverpool and Man Utd (although you could be forgiven for thinking so). I once turned the tv on there, only to see Thai commentary on a live broadcast of Sutton United v Notts County.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2014 21:56

Royal-Dave

We know be takeover ok. We never be takeover, you be living in a dream land if you think we be take over pieces of eight pieces of eight. Time you walked the plank me hearty.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Jun 2014 22:02

sandman Royal-Dave

We know be takeover ok. We never be takeover, you be living in a dream land if you think we be take over pieces of eight pieces of eight. Time you walked the plank me hearty.

Well past time he was up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire I suspect.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2014 22:12

He's either a wind up merchant or genuinely has some problems. You're either feeding a troll, or bullying someone potentially vulnerable.

Am I the only one that finds this rather uncomfortable?

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 14 Jun 2014 22:25

‏@west4street 16m
@CheChe_Guevara couldn't have asked for a more genuine and wealthy owner. A punt on #readingfc is like a £5 bet to the average man.

he's the only guy on twitter that's worth listening to. his source is as good as SJM.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Jun 2014 22:48

Ian Royal He's either a wind up merchant or genuinely has some problems. You're either feeding a troll, or bullying someone potentially vulnerable.

Am I the only one that finds this rather uncomfortable?

No, not really but I've actually decided he's a wind up now. The posting style ("we be" and "I no" etc.) is not ultra-consistent. And some posts are almost lucid like he forgets to lay it on as thick as he has done before.

However, just because he's a wind up in style does not mean he doesn't have a source.

Yep, that's it - he's Big Mike.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Jun 2014 22:56

1871 not 1998 ‏@west4street 16m
@CheChe_Guevara couldn't have asked for a more genuine and wealthy owner. A punt on #readingfc is like a £5 bet to the average man.

he's the only guy on twitter that's worth listening to. his source is as good as SJM.

Not quite sure what he's saying - is he saying he knows who the new owner is?

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 14 Jun 2014 22:57

1871 not 1998 ‏@west4street 16m

Is he fcuk. He feeds you idiots stuff like 'big news coming maybe' and 'if this comes off it's gonna be totes amaze', without ever saying anything remotely worth listening to. You lot are so desperate to find someone itk you lap it up. It's pathetic.

8684 posts