Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Buyout

by CholseyRoyal » 27 Jun 2014 20:21

RG7Fan
JIM we need some fresh blood at the mad stad, this lot has proved not good enough to get us up into the premier.all we get at the moment is talk talk.

Thats a fair point, but I do wonder how much during last season the situation where contracts weren't being discussed, etc. affected things. I also reckon there may have been times when they weren't being paid (or coming close to not being paid). Hopefully that should all change.

That is a good point about the players not being paid. The general opinion but whether backed up by fact I have no idea, is that Boris Z was funding the running of the club presumably at the minimum amount possible to himself.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Jun 2014 21:16

JordCot
WoodleyRoyal
shaka's shorts Squeeky said 3 signings in Post last week. I reckon 2 strikers and a LB

agreed as long as we don't lose anyone else I'm happy with:

two GK's Fedders and McCarthy
four CB's of Sweeny Pearce Hector Morrison
two RB's Kelly and Gunter
two LB's Obita and a another
four CM's Karacan Williams Guthrie Akpan
two LW's HRK Blackman
two RW's Drenthe McCleary
three ST's Pog and 2 additional

So no need for 6 or 7 players to come in 3 would be fine and with youngsters to bolster the squad we have a very capable squad - who would have though that at the end of may ?

FWIW I would rather see Cummings than Kelly

Kelly's a horrendous left back, but he didn't get a fair go a right back. I hold the two of them in fairly even contempt. Should be selling Cummings whilst he's young enough to retain a few hundred grand in value to a league 1 team.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Jun 2014 21:20

WoodleyRoyal Thai consortium have now applied to the Football League to take its Owners and Directors Test

Anyone else imagine that this is like the Krypton Factor?

Tommio

by Tommio » 27 Jun 2014 21:49

WoodleyRoyal
shaka's shorts Squeeky said 3 signings in Post last week. I reckon 2 strikers and a LB

agreed as long as we don't lose anyone else I'm happy with:

two GK's Fedders and McCarthy
four CB's of Sweeny Pearce Hector Morrison
two RB's Kelly and Gunter
two LB's Obita and a another
four CM's Karacan Williams Guthrie Akpan
two LW's HRK Blackman
two RW's Drenthe McCleary
three ST's Pog and 2 additional

So no need for 6 or 7 players to come in 3 would be fine and with youngsters to bolster the squad we have a very capable squad - who would have though that at the end of may ?

So you're happy with Blackman and HRK?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 27 Jun 2014 23:02

An attacking central midfielder would be nice too!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jun 2014 23:12

TBH we could do with losing a couple of them and replacing them. We do need some squad freshening.

JordCot

by JordCot » 27 Jun 2014 23:57

Royal Ginger Kelly's a horrendous left back, but he didn't get a fair go a right back. I hold the two of them in fairly even contempt. Should be selling Cummings whilst he's young enough to retain a few hundred grand in value to a league 1 team.

In my mind they are on fairly even footing except for the fact that cummings can still improve and Kelly is on im sure much bigger wages. I would rather see the has been go than the guy who has never had a run in the first team

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Jun 2014 02:21

CholseyRoyal
RG7Fan
JIM we need some fresh blood at the mad stad, this lot has proved not good enough to get us up into the premier.all we get at the moment is talk talk.

Thats a fair point, but I do wonder how much during last season the situation where contracts weren't being discussed, etc. affected things. I also reckon there may have been times when they weren't being paid (or coming close to not being paid). Hopefully that should all change.

That is a good point about the players not being paid. The general opinion but whether backed up by fact I have no idea, is that Boris Z was funding the running of the club presumably at the minimum amount possible to himself.

Jm prevented the club going into receivership, at no small cost to himself. I think I have posted this before.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Jun 2014 08:26

Why the obsession with getting into the Prem?

We need to survive, if that's as a Championship club then so be it.

JIM

by JIM » 28 Jun 2014 08:38

WHY.? We have been a championship side for too long. With the arrival of JM and the MAD STAD this town deserves better .

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 28 Jun 2014 08:44

JIM WHY.? We have been a championship side for too long. With the arrival of JM and the MAD STAD this town deserves better .

We were a Div 3/4 side for a long time too - I've been enjoying being amongst the top 30 teams in the country for the past 10/12 years. I'm not in any great rush to go back up; not until we're fully ready to complete for a little more than 17th place.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jun 2014 09:05

Harpers So Solid Crew
Jm prevented the club going into receivership, at no small cost to himself. I think I have posted this before.

Receivership ?

I know there was talk of administration but are you really suggesting the club nearly went out of business completely. ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jun 2014 09:07

JIM WHY.? We have been a championship side for too long. With the arrival of JM and the MAD STAD this town deserves better .

Indeed, after 40 years following the team I still dream that we'll make it to the Premiership in my life time. Just imagine - us in the same league as Stoke, Swansea and Palace ... One day perhaps.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 28 Jun 2014 09:52

You're living in a dream world, JIM. If we even get close to contending this season it'll be a mild miracle. So much needs to be improved and we need players to come in and gel. We may even see a few more outgoers too.

This will be a very tough season this year - look at the teams which have come down. Do you really expect us to hit the ground running considering our patchy play last season?

To coin the well used phrase, we're in transition for the upcoming season. Expecting anything more than that is, in my view, unrealistic.

Samrit hasn't given us a 3 year target to get back into the Premier League for nothing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jun 2014 10:19

Harpers So Solid Crew
CholseyRoyal
RG7Fan

And why did the reputedly incredibly well run club get to the brink of receivership in the first place? Who sold it to AZ? Who were we told has effectively been running the club on a day to day basis for the past 12 months or more? I think I have posted this before! :wink:

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 28 Jun 2014 10:51

RoyalBlue
And why did the reputedly incredibly well run club get to the brink of receivership in the first place? Who sold it to AZ? Who were we told has effectively been running the club on a day to day basis for the past 12 months or more? I think I have posted this before! :wink:

You really are the most tedious oxf*rd on here.
Get some therapy man, its not healthy having an obsession like this.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Jun 2014 11:16

Why does an average town, with about average support for this division, with an about average sized stadium, with probably an averagely wealthy chairman, deserve to do far better than average in this division?

Do you really believe, all things being equal, that there are no more than two championship clubs that a club like Reading ought to be finishing below?

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 28 Jun 2014 11:51

tmesis

Why does an average town, with about average support for this division, with an about average sized stadium, with probably an averagely wealthy chairman, deserve to do far better than average in this division?

Do you really believe, all things being equal, that there are no more than two championship clubs that a club like Reading ought to be finishing below?

Why? Because it's not about reputation, by your logic LEEDS UNITED (ALL HAIL THE TRUE GODS OF FOOTBALL) should be top of the Premier League. However, I do agree that this town doesn't deserve anything, who's to say any team deserves anything? When we got promotion and won the league, despite playing average early in the season we kicked on and earnt ourselves a place in the BPL, a place that we've been in twice in the recent future.

Let's not forget our Cat1 either, or our impressive coaching record (Pardew, Rodgers, Coppell)... whilest selling our key players after most seasons. We are a young (in terms of reputation) team with modern facilities a modern stadium and modern thinking people and everything we have done in recent history has been to further the club.

Enough defending my securities about us <3 I think our team quality is above average (Gunter, Pearce, Williams, McCarthy, Drenthe, McCleary, etc) and almost all of those players are capable of producing something incredible and have done over the last few years. Our failure last year was as much a mental issue as it was a quality issue and so long as Adkins sticks to his beliefs, and the players bloody listen, we can really become the next Lee-Swansea City....

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 28 Jun 2014 12:28

akranes When we got promotion and won the league, despite playing average early in the season we kicked on and earnt ourselves a place in the BPL, a place that we've been in twice in the recent future.

Sorry, can't help myself...

Recent: having happened, begun, or been done not long ago; belonging to a past period comparatively close to the present.

Future: a period of time following the moment of speaking or writing; time regarded as still to come.

a true oxymoron. Well done!

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 28 Jun 2014 14:13

BonBoh
akranes When we got promotion and won the league, despite playing average early in the season we kicked on and earnt ourselves a place in the BPL, a place that we've been in twice in the recent future.

Sorry, can't help myself...

Recent: having happened, begun, or been done not long ago; belonging to a past period comparatively close to the present.

Future: a period of time following the moment of speaking or writing; time regarded as still to come.

a true oxymoron. Well done!

LOL, it seems I wrote that post in some sort of a daze, but I thank you. I'm so proud of myself that I think I will leave it unedited...

8684 posts