Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by floyd__streete » 09 Oct 2013 17:29

^ so andrew1957 and Melonhead are basically both saying that the best (most realistic) case scenario is the club stagnating and not moving forward :?:

This hardly constitutes 'taking us to the next level' as TSI were sold to as in all the propaganda around the original seizure of 51% of the club. Then again, nobody other than the entirely gullible really believed all that anyway, did they 8)
Last edited by floyd__streete on 09 Oct 2013 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Oct 2013 17:37

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype
melonhead
sorry- the quote in full was "the buyout has been delayed, because EP is a massive gay"

Apologies all round then. In the absence of you finding a genuine quote to support anything you have said, I will try and keep my homosexuality a more manageable size.

if you would

its just too huge

Agreed

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 09 Oct 2013 17:38

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype
melonhead
sorry- the quote in full was "the buyout has been delayed, because EP is a massive gay"

Apologies all round then. In the absence of you finding a genuine quote to support anything you have said, I will try and keep my homosexuality a more manageable size.

if you would

its just too huge

That's what your dad said etc

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Oct 2013 18:06

floyd__streete ^ so andrew1957 and Melonhead are basically both saying that the best (most realistic) case scenario is the club stagnating and not moving forward :?:

This hardly constitutes 'taking us to the next level' as TSI were sold to as in all the propaganda around the original seizure of 51% of the club. Then again, nobody other than the entirely gullible really believed all that anyway, did they 8)

if the takeover falls through, due to the afore mentioned lack of funds which i have no idea if its true or not the above would merely be the medium case scenario.

a worst case scenario would involve some of the more outlandish unsubstatiated rumours about TSI trying to take our parachutes with them when they oxf*rd off.

the best case (-1) scenario would be anton come up with cash, buy club, and keep moving club forward as he has been

and the best case AA++ scenario would be a new owner flush with saudi arabian money who was actually born on the south bank during a game, who actively wanted to throw all of his money away at us, slowly over an indefinite period.

which is actually more likely?

we just dont know

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Oct 2013 18:10

floyd__streete ^ so andrew1957 and Melonhead are basically both saying that the best (most realistic) case scenario is the club stagnating and not moving forward :?:

Er... they're saying the worst case scenario is stagnation. The best case scenario is that the deal goes through as planned, just a bit late and you amongst others look like a total doomydiv.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Oct 2013 19:04

melonhead

if the takeover falls through, due to the afore mentioned lack of funds which i have no idea if its true or not the above would merely be the medium case scenario.

a worst case scenario would involve some of the more outlandish unsubstatiated rumours about TSI trying to take our parachutes with them when they oxf*rd off.

the best case (-1) scenario would be anton come up with cash, buy club, and keep moving club forward as he has been

and the best case AA++ scenario would be a new owner flush with saudi arabian money who was actually born on the south bank during a game, who actively wanted to throw all of his money away at us, slowly over an indefinite period.

which is actually more likely?

we just dont know

The worst case scenario is that Anton completes the full buy out and then milks the club, takes out huge debt and we do become Pompey. The "things continuing as they were on a break even basis" would be far preferable to that.

The best case scenario is that Anton really does want to take the club forward, completes the buy out and slowly builds the club with sensible cash injections over the next few years.

Divvy

by Divvy » 09 Oct 2013 19:06

One8Seven1 Anton to complete full buyout..................................

...of his Hockey toy, new stadium too, money spent on infrastructure.. it's almost template talk.

http://khl-bet.ru/news/5584-zingarevich ... shhax.html

Concerns about his lack of wealth grow as it becomes apparent he only has one suit.

:lol:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 09 Oct 2013 19:07

This whole doom and gloom scenario would be completely unfounded if the club came out with some sort of statement as to the takeover situation, but as we have become used to they keep their cards very close to their chests, also of course IF this story is true it will lkeave SJM with a lot of egg on his face after confidently predicting he would sell, but only to a reliable and reputable, well researched buyer.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 Oct 2013 19:26

One other statement at the time attributed to JM-He believes Zingarevich's investment will help propel the club into Europe.
That does sound like the hype of a car salesman.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Oct 2013 19:42

howser This whole doom and gloom scenario would be completely unfounded if the club came out with some sort of statement as to the takeover situation, but as we have become used to they keep their cards very close to their chests, also of course IF this story is true it will lkeave SJM with a lot of egg on his face after confidently predicting he would sell, but only to a reliable and reputable, well researched buyer.

They've made a statement.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Oct 2013 20:06

yes but, yes but

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Oct 2013 20:09

Ian Royal
howser This whole doom and gloom scenario would be completely unfounded if the club came out with some sort of statement as to the takeover situation, but as we have become used to they keep their cards very close to their chests, also of course IF this story is true it will lkeave SJM with a lot of egg on his face after confidently predicting he would sell, but only to a reliable and reputable, well researched buyer.

They've made a statement.

They made a statement at some point in the past.

Local media have chosen to portray that the statement was given in the recent past i.e. earlier this week but, given that they don't name the person that made the statement or state the day on which it was made, is that a true portrayal? I suspect not. The local media have been piss poor in the manner that they have covered this issue - amateurish would be a compliment!

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 09 Oct 2013 20:20

The silence is conspicuous.
I'd be surprised if there was nothing in the rumours, I just hope that tweedletory and tweedledum get a new buyer sorted stat.
I love reading, but I would not be sad if we waved goodbye to a pompous, boring philanthropist and a bratty heir.
And if the club goes under I'll just switch my allegiance to Leyton Orient as it's only a stone's throw away.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 09 Oct 2013 20:25

This ^ (except Forest Green Rovers).

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 09 Oct 2013 20:28

if anton didnt have the money for a buyout why has the like a new training ground mentioned and also the money spent on going for cat 1 status on the youth Academy

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 09 Oct 2013 21:20

The vast numbers of players, coaches & other staff shown in the recent headshots of the main squad, under 21's and academy would seem to be in direct contrast to the 'no money available' comments on this and other threads.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Oct 2013 21:41

Yellowcoat The vast numbers of players, coaches & other staff shown in the recent headshots of the main squad, under 21's and academy would seem to be in direct contrast to the 'no money available' comments on this and other threads.
Ever worked in a factory/warehouse/establishment where they have invested/renewed/rebuilt half of it....only to shut it down a few weeks later?

I have, and I am enjoying the anxiousness of the worriers on here.

Its a good thread tho'

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 09 Oct 2013 22:06

JimmytheJim The silence is conspicuous.
I'd be surprised if there was nothing in the rumours, I just hope that tweedletory and tweedledum get a new buyer sorted stat.
I love reading, but I would not be sad if we waved goodbye to a pompous, boring philanthropist and a bratty heir.
And if the club goes under I'll just switch my allegiance to Leyton Orient as it's only a stone's throw away.

I wouldn't. I'd give up on football altogether! I really don't like what the modern game has become. If it wasn't for my love/habit for my local club, I wouldn't put any more money into the game.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 09 Oct 2013 22:08

AthleticoSpizz
Yellowcoat The vast numbers of players, coaches & other staff shown in the recent headshots of the main squad, under 21's and academy would seem to be in direct contrast to the 'no money available' comments on this and other threads.
Ever worked in a factory/warehouse/establishment where they have invested/renewed/rebuilt half of it....only to shut it down a few weeks later?

I have, and I am enjoying the anxiousness of the worriers on here.

Its a good thread tho'

I thought it would have been a shit thread when I first started it with the usual in for page 1 people

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 Oct 2013 22:32

JimmytheJim The silence is conspicuous.

I know it seems unlikely, but maybe the club aren't concerned (or even aware) about the existence of this thread, and the rumour in it,

8684 posts