Adkins popularity?

152 posts
urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: Adkins popularity?

by urz13 » 03 Jul 2014 14:20

Pepe the Horseman
urz13 Yet to see anything from him that makes me think he should stay in charge. I could stay level headed as manager with a load of stuff going on in the boardroom - doesn't mean I'd be a good manager. He's had a year and a half and the football is still shit

He's had a year and a half? A YEAR. AND A HALF. OMG :!: Give him a chance. He's had one full season, where we missed out on the play-offs in injury time on the final day.

A year and a half in which there have been absolutely no signs of improvement, not to mention our shocking record of coming from behind in games. Before the season he targeted 100 goals and 24 clean sheets didn't he? That went well

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 03 Jul 2014 14:20

paultheroyal
urz13 Yet to see anything from him that makes me think he should stay in charge. I could stay level headed as manager with a load of stuff going on in the boardroom - doesn't mean I'd be a good manager. He's had a year and a half and the football is still shit

What would you like to see to make your opinion change of him?

Signs of improvement in terms of results and chances created....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jul 2014 14:25

urz13
Pepe the Horseman

He's had a year and a half? A YEAR. AND A HALF. OMG :!: Give him a chance. He's had one full season, where we missed out on the play-offs in injury time on the final day.

A year and a half in which there have been absolutely no signs of improvement, not to mention our shocking record of coming from behind in games. Before the season he targeted 100 goals and 24 clean sheets didn't he? That went well

You conveniently forget to acknowledge that that statement of intent was made on the basis of player funding commitments from our two owners, which they subsequently completely failed to deliver on.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jul 2014 14:42

If you take absolutely everything into consideration, and most observant fans would, we did unbelievable well to get to a whisker of the playoffs whilst playing so inconsistently. If you wish to factor all the uncertainty out of it and judge Adkins on what happens once they cross the white line, then I'd suggest that would be wholly an unfair assessment.

Imagine what we could do with him having half a chance to succeed?!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jul 2014 14:55

Pepe the Horseman BF, if we win the league this season, playing attractive football, will you warm to him? Or is it unconditional h8?

He could win the Champions League for Reading and I'd still not piss on him if he was on fire m8

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jul 2014 16:12

Most of the people.who didn't support him seem to have been against him from the start and for irrational reasons. Sk I don't see this.changing anything

case in point ^

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jul 2014 16:41

Yesterday, today & tomorrow - Adkins OUT
Win, lose or draw - Adkins OUT

Todd Margaret

by Todd Margaret » 03 Jul 2014 16:52

It's been almost 5 weeks since someone's called him "Atkins" on this site, so he must be at least gaining in familiarity if not popularity.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 03 Jul 2014 17:05

RoyalBlue
urz13
Pepe the Horseman He's had a year and a half? A YEAR. AND A HALF. OMG :!: Give him a chance. He's had one full season, where we missed out on the play-offs in injury time on the final day.

You conveniently forget to acknowledge that that statement of intent was made on the basis of player funding commitments from our two owners, which they subsequently completely failed to deliver on.

Pretty sure he wasn't still banging on about 100 goals in January m8.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jul 2014 17:11

Pretty sure he'd been well and truly shafted AFTER he mentioned the 100 goals too. Granted, in hindsight, it was a shocker of a quote!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jul 2014 17:14

Agent Balti Pretty sure he'd been well and truly shafted AFTER he mentioned the 100 goals too. Granted, in hindsight, it was a shocker of a quote!

that was only ever taken seriously by the hard of thinking in the first place.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jul 2014 17:35

Ian Royal
Agent Balti Pretty sure he'd been well and truly shafted AFTER he mentioned the 100 goals too. Granted, in hindsight, it was a shocker of a quote!

that was only ever taken seriously by the hard of thinking in the first place.

Not really Ian, most, if not all, laughed at the fact he'd said something so ridiculous.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Jul 2014 17:38

So, yes really Ian, then.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jul 2014 19:27

:lol:

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 03 Jul 2014 19:35

Never really liked him and have seen nothing yet to change my mind. It,s a large part of a football managers job to get the best out of what he has and Mr Adkins certainly didn't get close to that last year. I know w almost made the playoffs but with the players we had we should of walked The Championship last season. As for some of the substitutions he made at critical times in some games I still have scratch wounds on my head.
It would appear we are stuck with him so lets see if, with funds, he can get things where we all want them to be. I will Never boo a Manager, player or anyone that is connected with RFC, and will continue to give my full support in this, my 46th year of watching them.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Jul 2014 19:51

I'm interested in what Floyd has to say on the issue.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 03 Jul 2014 23:06

This is a difficult one to call. He seems alright, on the touch line. A few games last year we looked really good. He's been decent for other clubs in the past, and there's no reason to assume that he won't come good here.

The footballs not been great, aside from those few games and in fact from the Watford game until Christmas it was pretty pants. And you do have to wonder what the heck goes on in training because we have a lot of players who suddenly get injured with no apparent incident.

Then there's his post-match interviews which at times, make him look very unprofessional. I don't like it when he uses the media to tell a player that he isn't happy with them, like he did with Alf, Akpan and Drenthe. Being critical is fine, but taking shots and telling the whole world isn't going to help.

I'm still undecided, but on a personal level im veering towards not liking him, currently. I'll wait and see what he can do with a full season of decent, stable investment before I commit fully, either way.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 04 Jul 2014 10:48

Big Foot Yesterday, today & tomorrow - Adkins OUT
Win, lose or draw - Adkins OUT

and bring in who?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Jul 2014 10:55

Atkins

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Jul 2014 11:45

Extended-Phenotype So, yes really Ian, then.

:| :roll:

Wouldn't be too down on the hard of thinking E-P. Afterall they're the sort of people who think your act is funny.
Last edited by sandman on 04 Jul 2014 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

152 posts