RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Adkins popularity?

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jul 2014 11:54

urz13
RoyalBlue
urz13 A year and a half in which there have been absolutely no signs of improvement, not to mention our shocking record of coming from behind in games. Before the season he targeted 100 goals and 24 clean sheets didn't he? That went well

You conveniently forget to acknowledge that that statement of intent was made on the basis of player funding commitments from our two owners, which they subsequently completely failed to deliver on.

Pretty sure he wasn't still banging on about 100 goals in January m8.

Point well and truly missed! January was the second occasion that the owners spectacularly failed to deliver on very clear commitments of transfer funding. They had previously given him commitments during/prior to the summer 13 transfer window and his talk of goals was based on that commitment, which they also failed to deliver on.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Jul 2014 12:37

Adkins was clearly the right choice given his career. I don't think he's really done anything wrong since becoming manager but it's hard to point out clear successes. Though given the financial situation that's probably not his fault.

For me though he'll always be the guy that replaced McDermott and because of that I don't think i'll ever really like him. I know that's not fair but that's how it is.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 04 Jul 2014 12:57

ZacNaloen I always liked him tbf

^ this. Good coach, upbeat (even if that can annoy some), positive attitude, and when given the chance to build a side, good football too. I hope he does well this season and gets a new deal.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Jul 2014 13:35

He's a bellend and last year's offering was terrible. He had players on enormous wages and failed to get the best out of pretty much all of them.

I don't buy this "he's been so dignified" about the takeover either. He's probably getting paid a pretty penny to manage the first team - what's he going to do, stage a protest in the car park? I'd keep my head down and shut up too.

THAT SAID, I felt that he would be a success at the club so they've got to stand behind him now. Some continuity in these uncertain times is important. Another season like last one and he can pack his bags though, we were dreadful.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 04 Jul 2014 14:33

Maguire He's a bellend and last year's offering was terrible. He had players on enormous wages and failed to get the best out of pretty much all of them.

I don't buy this "he's been so dignified" about the takeover either. He's probably getting paid a pretty penny to manage the first team - what's he going to do, stage a protest in the car park? I'd keep my head down and shut up too.

^ This

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 04 Jul 2014 14:33

Royal Biscuitman
Big Foot Yesterday, today & tomorrow - Adkins OUT
Win, lose or draw - Adkins OUT

and bring in who?

Bobby Moore, The Pope, Rolf Harris, anyone, I don't fackin care just not him

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 04 Jul 2014 14:34

Royal Biscuitman

and bring in who?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Jul 2014 14:47

Where have I heard that before.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Jul 2014 15:29

Big Foot
Royal Biscuitman

and bring in who?

A voice in the wilderness, just piss off, you may have a big foot, just a pity your brain isn`t the same.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2014 15:55

Maguire He's a bellend and last year's offering was terrible. He had players on enormous wages and failed to get the best out of pretty much all of them.

THAT SAID, I felt that he would be a success at the club so they've got to stand behind him now. Some continuity in these uncertain times is important. Another season like last one and he can pack his bags though, we were dreadful.

Hell, I've always liked him and still do, but if he performs badly, he'll be due to go by the end of the season even for me.

Saying that though, we don't know enough about our situation to say what performing badly would be right now. We could end up with no new players, our best ones gone and the same big wage failures sticking around. Under those circumstances staying up would be a decent result.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 04 Jul 2014 16:07

windermere_royal
Big Foot
Royal Biscuitman and bring in who?

A voice in the wilderness, just piss off, you may have a big foot, just a pity your brain isn`t the same.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 04 Jul 2014 16:20

Norfolk Royal Can't help noticing on the forum people praising Adkins for his apparent even handed attitude and dignity during the recent turbulent period with regards to the club's ownership.

It would have been characteristic of other managers, would it not, to throw the toys out, demand a move, resign, sound off in the press, etc, etc?

Save for a few guarded comments there has been none of that reported.

I was wondering if people thought this has increased the manager's popularity from a probably reasonable level in any case to a position where most fans back him. I'm pretty impressed with him for one and hope he gets a chance this season to get in some new players and create a team in his own image.

He's on a good screw. We've set him up for life.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Jul 2014 18:30

surrounded by saints If Mcleary were to be sold, as has been suggested, before this elusive takeover happens,then I would not be the least bit supprised if Nigel walks away. Just my opinion folks .

May well walk with him

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 04 Jul 2014 20:14

After all this time still yet to see what he offers!

I am certain someone with a bit more nous would have got us playing better than the shite we have seen over the last 18 months.
Done the square root of zilch so far.

The Peterborough away result tells you all you need to know!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 04 Jul 2014 21:08

I think hes a prick.
Also noticeable how much the majority of saints players improved onced hed fuc ked off while Pearce, Morrison, akpan, hrk, Guthrie etc went backwards under his leadership

Cant remember much of his famed 'give tge youth a chance' either

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 04 Jul 2014 22:05

I cant really judge him until he has signed a player.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Jul 2014 22:43

Simon's Church akpan, hrk,went backwards under his leadership

Christ that was some achievement :shock:

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 05 Jul 2014 15:30

I never liked him at southampton especially after he seemed like a hard looser in his post match interview when we beat them to practically win the league.. buttt ever since he's been at Reading, he has won me over! Right man to take us forward i believe.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jul 2014 15:49

Simon's Church
You mean apart from Obita being one of the first names on the team sheet and winning PotS, Hector getting games in and out of position. Taylor getting pitch time. Others getting to the bench. Taking half a dozen of the youth side on the first team training camp?

What exactly were you expecting?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 05 Jul 2014 16:28

Ian Royal
Simon's Church
You mean apart from Obita being one of the first names on the team sheet and winning PotS, Hector getting games in and out of position. Taylor getting pitch time. Others getting to the bench. Taking half a dozen of the youth side on the first team training camp?

What exactly were you expecting?

+1

152 posts