CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

1020 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2014 17:44

Really not bothered if he stays or not, he isn't delivering as one would hope although that maybe more down to the system and lack of support/proper wing play. The big Russian could do just as much.

seanboyd_2

Re: Warnock Wants Murray Back at Palace !

by seanboyd_2 » 20 Dec 2014 17:44

MmmMonsterMunch I'd be gutted if we don't keep Murray. He has done well in a frankly rank team of late. With some more confident players around him, he could flourish.

Saying that though, if I was Murray would I want to stay at Reading?

Frankly no - has been an awful atmosphere at games, apathetic fans & all in all probably quite shit for him. I can't see him choosing to stay if I'm honest & I wouldn't blame him. Good luck to him - one of the few successes of this season IMO.

Would be great if for the next 2 weeks everyone was singing from the same hymn sheet & everyone could collectively show him that it's a decent club with the right manager in place.

HAHA, good one

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Dec 2014 18:03

Cheers for helping your defenders out today Glennm

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 20 Dec 2014 18:54

Murray had two clear cut chances today.
Never mind scoring, he couldn't even manage to hit the target with either.
Useless!

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 20 Dec 2014 19:11

i'd let Murray go. He missed 2 today and some of the goals he has scored have included a large slice of luck!.

We need 3 new players, one central defender, one left winger and one striker.... based on a 4-4-2

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 20 Dec 2014 19:46

Murray's stats for the last 7 weeks:
Minutes played: 630 (+ injury time)
Shots: 20
Shots on target: 4
Goals scored: 1
Assists: 0

Wages collected in that time: £175,000

Value for money?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Dec 2014 19:56

I've seen enough to know he's not what we need. There are better out there for less. Would have liked to have given Afobe another try. Wonder if he would be out of our price range now. I hear Arsenal are looking to loan out Serge Gnabry as well as he's almost back from injury. Well worth a look at.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Dec 2014 20:05

The effort he had today where he wrestled the bouncing ball off of the defender, got and got the other side of him (no mean feat in itself) put him in a position where he had to strike on a very tight angle.

I think he's a quality striker and we'll not get anything close to being as good for the money we have or don't have as the case may be.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Dec 2014 20:14

Royal Ginger The effort he had today where he wrestled the bouncing ball off of the defender, got and got the other side of him (no mean feat in itself) put him in a position where he had to strike on a very tight angle.

I think he's a quality striker and we'll not get anything close to being as good for the money we have or don't have as the case may be.

Yeah, his first chance was a glaring miss, everything else was forgivable and harder, though you'd expect at least one to go in. He certainly should have forced saves.

I'm still enjoying the novelty of having a striker who gets multiple decent chances a game.

I also like the way he tries to take out a defender and let the balls up to him go past to a runner.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Dec 2014 20:23

Royal Ginger The effort he had today where he wrestled the bouncing ball off of the defender, got and got the other side of him (no mean feat in itself) put him in a position where he had to strike on a very tight angle.

Was beginning to think I was going mad :wink:

Would love someone else to point out where on earth we'd get another striker of his calibre from....he is suffering from a blip in confidence same as the rest of them. Once one shot goes in, the goals will start coming again I'm sure.

Personally I think we have little chance of securing his services now anyway which is a real shame. We need him desperately IMO.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Dec 2014 20:24

P!ssed Off Murray's stats for the last 7 weeks:

Value for money?

You can apply that logic to the whole fcuking team! Why single him out?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 20 Dec 2014 20:41

MmmMonsterMunch
P!ssed Off Murray's stats for the last 7 weeks:

Value for money?

You can apply that logic to the whole fcuking team! Why single him out?

He's the only one we can ditch in 10 days time.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Dec 2014 21:02

Hurry up January 1st.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Dec 2014 21:24

Murray > Cox.

Admittedly this isn't necessarily a ringing endorsement of Murray, neither is it meant to be.

Murray was by far and away the person most likely to score for us today.

Again this isn't necessarily a ringing endorsement etc.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Dec 2014 23:49

20 shots and only 4 on target. Says it all really.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 21 Dec 2014 00:43

Ive defended Murray quite rigorously before - mainly because its part of a strikers job to create his own chances and I don't expect him to put them all away. He's just the sort of player we need. However, we need to have some end product over christmas if we're going to put the cash out for him.

Im guessing he's going back to Palace, and he doesn't overly fancy a move here anymore.

(On a personal level Id like to see him go back just to put to bed the idea that we have him no matter what - as proposed by a few posters on this thread)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Dec 2014 13:02

He really has been quite the flop and seems to have left his goalscoring touch and focus in Croydon. Hopefully given the ill will Brighton have towards him he will use the hatred to fire him up and show us why he scored those goals a couple of seasons ago. Otherwise like I said a few posts ago, roll on January and we can hopefully put the money we could spend on him and bring in someone younger, quicker and actually wants to be here.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Dec 2014 13:29

Thought Murray had a good game yesterday, but if he's going to cost 1-2 Million I don't see how we can afford him ATM with FFP

I think, in a side playing with confidence (could be us in 2-3 weeks) he will get a lot of goals.

He made some excellent flicks yesterday - made the one which enabled McLeary to get the man sent off. Was involved in setting McLeary up for the run and cross which Blackman missed.

BTW having watched it live and not been sure but watched in slow-mo on TV that wasn't a terrible miss by Blackman.

But most likely is Murray will go, Pog will come in, and we will start to move up the table in January

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Dec 2014 13:36

Post the Birmingham game Murray was a goal every 215 minutes, and that's in a side who had won just 2 in 14?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 21 Dec 2014 14:10

Snowball Post the Birmingham game Murray was a goal every 215 minutes, and that's in a side who had won just 2 in 14?

No, that's incorrect.

First of all, after Birmingham Reading were 3 wins in 14.
During those 14 games Murray started 13, playing 1136 minutes (+injury time).
During those 1136 minutes Murray scored 4 goals.
1136/4 = 284 minutes per goal.

Murray has been shit since debut. I couldn't give a oxf*rd if he works hard or links up play.
He's not here to hold the ball up, or flick it on, or win cheap free kicks.
He's here to put the ball in the back of the oxf*rd net.
And he's failing miserably.

1 goal in his last 630 minutes.
1 goal from his last 20 shots.
Pathetic.

If Dominic Samuel had started the last 7 games and only scored once, despite having 20 shots, people would write him off as shit. Yet Murray gets away with putting in poor performance after poor performance. And some of you lot still want to spend £1.5 million on him, and keep giving him £25,000 for the next few years. Are you fcking mad?

'But he scored 30 goals for Palace 2 years ago.' If anyone should be financially rewarding Murray for what he did for Palace two years ago, it should be fcking Palace, not us.

1020 posts