CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

1020 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2014 10:16

PO isn't happy unless he's claiming a good player is shit. It's a bit weird.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 27 Dec 2014 11:33

So now, after all his noise about wanting Murray back, Warnock has got the chop.

Wonder if this means we will be able to keep hold of him?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 27 Dec 2014 12:24

He's almost certain to go back now.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Glenn MurraT.y on loan

by AirRaidSiren » 27 Dec 2014 12:37

sandman
AirRaidSiren
2.8 lita injection Never get Reading fans, we have a chance to sign a proven championship goalscorer and some dont want him.

Dread to think where we would be in the league table without Glenn.

This.

I dont get it. oxf*rd my old boots, we as a team are.......underperforming. And Murray is singled out, questioned on his ability, stats, blah de blah as if he will be a prolific goal scorer whilst we are playing utter shit.

This 'lot' of fans deserve more treachery and misery.

Yep, lets hope he oxf*rd off back to Palace and leaves you 'lot' crying in your own petulance. Reading fans are indeed a bunch of cunts.

Phew, i feel better now. Thanks.

Given your petulant behaviour during McD's time as manager it seems strange that you are criticising others in this instance.

Almost 21 months later, you are still beating the McDermott drum. You cant help yourself, can you?

:lol:

Whats your input on what this 37 page thread is about?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Dec 2014 15:22

Personally we should sign Murray if we can, my guess though is whether he wants to sign permanently which is doubtful given the mess the playing side is in this season, thanks to poor management and naff all confidence defensively.

Really hoping some other players can be shifted out of the club in January to allow Clarke a small amount of flexibility in the transfer/loan arena.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Dec 2014 17:37

u
Avon Royal He's almost certain to go back now.

Sat by Murray's missus yesterday who said that he will be going back to Palace at New Year as nothing has yet been agreed.
An exuberant spectator she , like the rest of us, felt that neither Kanu nor Blackman can hold the ball up and are both just too soft (more us saying soft than her).
We also asked her to be gentle with him today with another game due tomorrow :wink:
How people can think he has not been a success I don't get and they must have forgotten very quickly how poor Pog has become and the thought of Kanu or Blackman playing through the middle fills me with dread and an expectation of Div 1 football next season.
My first post for 3 months and I will now go back into hibernation but I thought this was worth sharing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2014 17:47

Given the recent managerial change and Murray missing a hatful against Watford I'd find it surprising if anything had been agreed. I'd expect Clarke to decide based on these three games. If its going to happen it shouldn't take long unless Murray wants to keep his options open.

Both parties will have a good idea what would be on offer though. Is Murray going to want to go back to the uncertainty of Palace and a new manager?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 27 Dec 2014 21:27

Ian Royal Is Murray going to want to go back to the uncertainty of Palace and a new manager?

As opposed for staying with the certainty and established manager offered by Reading?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Dec 2014 21:36

Surely Adkins will want him back at Palace when he's appointed the new manager at Selhurst Park?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2014 22:25

Avon Royal
Ian Royal Is Murray going to want to go back to the uncertainty of Palace and a new manager?

As opposed for staying with the certainty and established manager offered by Reading?

We have a manager in post he's played under, and if we offer him terms, that he knows wants him.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Dec 2014 19:42

People slagging him off on this thread look mighty silly now. Very very good performance again today.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Dec 2014 19:47

Judging by his interview with Timmy, I'd say it's very unlikely he'll be coming back unfortunately.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Dec 2014 19:47

MmmMonsterMunch People slagging him off on this thread look mighty silly now. Very very good performance again today.

Very good performance if you ignore his poor finishing.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Dec 2014 20:02

:lol:

Come on even you can stop grinding your axe for one day....

He unleashed a cracking shot which forced a great save from Ruddy 1st half. He didn't get many opportunities today. He unselfishly put HRK through in as well instead of pulling the trigger himself & HRK fluffed it.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Dec 2014 20:14

MmmMonsterMunch :lol:

Come on even you can stop grinding your axe for one day....

He unleashed a cracking shot which forced a great save from Ruddy 1st half. He didn't get many opportunities today. He unselfishly put HRK through in as well instead of pulling the trigger himself & HRK fluffed it.

He had more opportunities than anyone else on the pitch, though a few less than usual.
I thought he played well, apart from his finishing which was poor.

Pre-game the players did their shooting practice right in front of me. I'm being truthful here when I say that Murray's finishing in this drill was worse than Cox's, Norwood's, Williams's, and all the others taking part.

I wouldn't spend millions in transfer fee and £25K per week on an ageing striker with poor finishing, however good the rest of his game is.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Dec 2014 20:23

Great last performance in a royals shirt!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2014 20:45

Best striker we've had available since Long's wonder season. It'll be a crying shame if we don't keep him and we could be in real trouble without him leading the line.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 28 Dec 2014 21:00

Pepe the Horseman Judging by his interview with Timmy, I'd say it's very unlikely he'll be coming back unfortunately.

Yep, very politically middle of the road - "I'm not bothered, either way". Not burning any bridges either way. Thought he had a good game today,

Big question though, Cox's crosses in to Murray were pants today - have they had a bust up?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Dec 2014 21:20

RG7Fan
Pepe the Horseman Judging by his interview with Timmy, I'd say it's very unlikely he'll be coming back unfortunately.

Big question though, Cox's crosses in to Murray were pants today - have they had a bust up?

Talk me through this comment. What's your thinking?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Dec 2014 21:25

I am pro Murray - think he has been very good for us.

BUT - he recently recovered from a major injury and at his age he is a risk. This has the potential to be Roberts part 2 all over it. Great player crocked by injury and then sees out the next couple of years on high wages.

Bearing in mind the club's difficult financial position and that we are unlikely to go up or down (I really don't see us going down even without Murray) I don't think it is worth the risk.

Would rather we gave Samuel and Tanner more chances.

1020 posts