SIGNED - Simon Cox

183 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SIGNED - Simon Cox

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Aug 2014 02:54

Royal Ginger
St. Brynjar What squad number is he getting, 14?

I would guess at 10.

Why don't you guess now?

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 08 Aug 2014 04:51

This is great news. Welcome back Coxy :)

I haven't read this thread but is it full of Reading fans moaning about Reading signing a useful player because he's not Messi?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Aug 2014 08:07

Pepe the Horseman
Royal Ginger

I would guess at 10.

Why don't you guess now?

No. I'm shy.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Aug 2014 10:06

peterroyal76
No Fixed Abode Simon Cox is a typical modern day English player. Think they're big stars from a few months decent form, ponce about and get lots of tattoo's whilst their career remains stagnant and his very happy to pick up his decent wages.

Why so RattLOLed?

Is it because your vast number of players who pick up huge wages and have stagnant careers aren't English?

Hello m8. Could you tell me where you don't agree with my statement? Only, it's true. Sorry I didn't show much love for your new, shiny, precious player that forced you to play the rattLOLed card. Who's rattLOLed? :lol:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 08 Aug 2014 10:07

His comments on Twitter suggest he's proud to be back and very keen to succeed here. That >>> Drenthe

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Aug 2014 10:40

SPARTA His comments on Twitter suggest he's proud to be back and very keen to succeed here. That >>> Drenthe

In Drenthe's defense he's said many times that he wanted to do well for the club. Just never really did it.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 08 Aug 2014 10:41

SPARTA His comments on Twitter suggest he's proud to be back and very keen to succeed here. That >>> Drenthe

Incoming player in wanting to make best impression with fans shock.

I know, I'm just an old cynic.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Aug 2014 10:54

Means nothing 'til he's had 4 kids round for a FIFA tournament

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 08 Aug 2014 11:11

SPARTA His comments on Twitter suggest he's proud to be back and very keen to succeed here

what else was he supposed to say?

"I would have hoped my career would have moved on significantly by now and I would be in the PL earning millions and sleeping with models who don't actually like me, but as I am still stuck here in the Championship Reading was an easy move as I know the area and they offered me more money than most other clubs. Not looking forward to pre season or the shocking atmosphere at their hole of a stadium but still, I am playing football for a living on £££ and you lot are plodding through crappy office jobs so i'll keep my chin up"

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Aug 2014 11:18

soggy biscuit
SPARTA His comments on Twitter suggest he's proud to be back and very keen to succeed here

"I would have hoped my career would have moved on significantly by now and I would be in the PL earning millions and sleeping with models who don't actually like me, but as I am still stuck here in the Championship Reading was an easy move as I know the area and they offered me more money than most other clubs. Not looking forward to pre season or the shocking atmosphere at their hole of a stadium but still, I am playing football for a living on £££ and you lot are plodding through crappy office jobs so i'll keep my chin up"

It's what Dave Kitson would've said

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2014 12:18

No Fixed Abode
peterroyal76
No Fixed Abode Simon Cox is a typical modern day English player. Think they're big stars from a few months decent form, ponce about and get lots of tattoo's whilst their career remains stagnant and his very happy to pick up his decent wages.

Why so RattLOLed?

Is it because your vast number of players who pick up huge wages and have stagnant careers aren't English?

Hello m8. Could you tell me where you don't agree with my statement? Only, it's true. Sorry I didn't show much love for your new, shiny, precious player that forced you to play the rattLOLed card. Who's rattLOLed? :lol:

RattLOLed

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Aug 2014 13:15

Royal Ginger

I would guess at 10.

I win the internet.

Davezk

by Davezk » 08 Aug 2014 13:18

Happy we signed someone. Can't say it inspires me with much confidence but I haven't seen enough of his play since he left us the first time.

He has hardly been prolific for Forest. Who is going to score the goals we need?

We don't seem to possess a striker capable of scoring at least 15-20 goals in the league. I hope I am proven wrong.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 08 Aug 2014 13:42

Big Foot
soggy biscuit

It's what Dave Kitson would've said

No, Kitson would have talked about stacking shelves and how disgusted he is by footballers in general getting paid £££'s whilst writing an anonymous article about himself in the 3rd person saying the above in return for some more £££'s.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Aug 2014 14:17

Davezk Happy we signed someone. Can't say it inspires me with much confidence but I haven't seen enough of his play since he left us the first time.

He has hardly been prolific for Forest. Who is going to score the goals we need?

We don't seem to possess a striker capable of scoring at least 15-20 goals in the league. I hope I am proven wrong.

I'm fine having a team where players all round the pitch can chip in. Long as the goals add up.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 08 Aug 2014 14:54

maffff
Davezk Happy we signed someone. Can't say it inspires me with much confidence but I haven't seen enough of his play since he left us the first time.

I'm fine having a team where players all round the pitch can chip in. Long as the goals add up.

pog scored 13 goals last season and that is including that he had very little service. i think he is capable of 15-20 we just have to get him service. i also agree with maffff that i wouldnt mind having some midfield players chip in goals, with cox, pog, mackie, etc getting 10-15 each that more than makes up for the lack of a 20+ goal striker that our fans think is the only way to go.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 08 Aug 2014 15:01

The prodigal son returns home. Born in Reading, made his professional debut for Reading FC and now he's back.

I like this move. Improves our options up front.

Welcome home Simon...now go and score some goals damn it! :D

8)

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 08 Aug 2014 15:08

It's the 'getting him the service" part that is the worrier though.

No McCleary for who knows how long. We've no idea who's going to replacing Jobi (and I do hope Obita stays at LB.) Until Mackie signs and I assume he'll be playing on the right side of a 3 or as a winger in a midfield 4. Still leaves a question mark for the left...

Without Guthrie in the middle (that's up for debate, obv), and Williams' drive...I can't see where the creation comes from there either.

Cox can drop deeper, for sure. But he's hardly a false nine either.

I'm still optimistic we can solve these puzzles with future acquisitions, but they are the problems we face at the minute, imo.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 08 Aug 2014 15:14

Agent Balti It's the 'getting him the service" part that is the worrier though.

No McCleary for who knows how long. We've no idea who's going to replacing Jobi (and I do hope Obita stays at LB.) Until Mackie signs and I assume he'll be playing on the right side of a 3 or as a winger in a midfield 4. Still leaves a question mark for the left...

Without Guthrie in the middle (that's up for debate, obv), and Williams' drive...I can't see where the creation comes from there either.

Cox can drop deeper, for sure. But he's hardly a false nine either.

I'm still optimistic we can solve these puzzles with future acquisitions, but they are the problems we face at the minute, imo.

There are more moves coming I would imagine. All valid concerns but with more new players due imminently, and as current players return from injury, I am thinking at least some of those concerns will disappear.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2014 16:55

Just gonna answer this by saying, we finished 7th last season, with no one as a stand out scorer. Cox and Pog ought to be able to hit the circa 25 goals Pog and ALF hit last season. So I really don't see this as quite the issue some people make out. Scoring is certainly one of our weaker points, but it's not relegation fodder bad, when you take into account the rest of the team's qualities

183 posts