CONFIMRED - Oliver Norwood

248 posts
akranes
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Oliver Norwood

by akranes » 19 Aug 2014 13:48

Straight into the Forest game please. Him and Cox could change the midfield quite a bit.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 19 Aug 2014 15:45

Our most expensive Champ signing since Matt Mills :D

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 19 Aug 2014 16:04

Even more expensive than Nick Blackman

Meltd Oh.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Aug 2014 16:57

Blackman was signed in he Premiership :shock: :shock: :shock:

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 19 Aug 2014 18:57

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 19 Aug 2014 19:38

Norwood is one-paced and NOT a box to box type. He will sit in front of the back 4, accept passes out from the back and then spray balls forward to wings and channels. Will get forward only when the pace of the game allows. So clearly an Adkins type.
V good passer of the ball but so similar to Guthrie it's a joke. These two will never play in the same side together. This could spell the end of Guthrie, whose injury concerns are now becoming a big big issue.

Presumably will be paired with Williams or Karacan when either are fit, with McCleary and Mackie on wings? Obita thus moving to left back? 2 from HRK/Pog/Cox as strikers? Just my thoughts.

VlakvarkAsh

by VlakvarkAsh » 19 Aug 2014 20:17

strap Norwood is one-paced and NOT a box to box type. He will sit in front of the back 4, accept passes out from the back and then spray balls forward to wings and channels. Will get forward only when the pace of the game allows. So clearly an Adkins type.
V good passer of the ball but so similar to Guthrie it's a joke. These two will never play in the same side together. This could spell the end of Guthrie, whose injury concerns are now becoming a big big issue.

Presumably will be paired with Williams or Karacan when either are fit, with McCleary and Mackie on wings? Obita thus moving to left back? 2 from HRK/Pog/Cox as strikers? Just my thoughts.

Potential replacement for Legs then'? I've not heard much about Norwood, interesting to see all of your thoughts.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Aug 2014 22:47

he must be better than akpan get him in to partner kuhl on saturday

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 19 Aug 2014 23:34

Sounds the same as kuhl too.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Aug 2014 23:44

Don't think so. Kuhl recycles the ball, keeps the game moving, dictates the tempo. Norwood sounds like the type of player that is more likely to pick a 40 yard through ball and create chances.

Dillon got it spot on imo on BBCRB after the game. Kuhl isn't going to make the pass that creates the chance. He'll make the pass that creates the pass that creates the chance.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2014 07:34

Think, with the arrival of Norwood - if it does happen - we have enough in the midfield department.

Certainly Norwood, Kuhl, Karacan, Guthrie and Williams should be sufficient for a full season covering the two/three central roles depending on formation.

This would enable Akpan to move on and stop the stupidity of playing Obita and Hector in the middle instead of having them make their own places their own.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 20 Aug 2014 07:46

winchester_royal Don't think so. Kuhl recycles the ball, keeps the game moving, dictates the tempo. Norwood sounds like the type of player that is more likely to pick a 40 yard through ball and create chances.

Dillon got it spot on imo on BBCRB after the game. Kuhl isn't going to make the pass that creates the chance. He'll make the pass that creates the pass that creates the chance.

Yes I heard dillon say that and didnt really agree having seen kuhl play a couple of times last season and in pre-season. He is a great passer who can pick the pass that creates the opportunity. Wasnt there a clip on the OS of kuhl making the 'pass of the season'?

Kuhl and Karacan for me would compliment each other.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2014 07:58

Agree with that, not sure what Dillon or Saunders were on, seemed to think that Hector was a midfielder based on his 2/3 appearances in the 1st team there rather than his countless appearances for Aberdeen and the youngsters as a central defender.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 20 Aug 2014 08:28

Basingstoke Royal
winchester_royal Don't think so. Kuhl recycles the ball, keeps the game moving, dictates the tempo. Norwood sounds like the type of player that is more likely to pick a 40 yard through ball and create chances.

Yes I heard dillon say that and didnt really agree having seen kuhl play a couple of times last season and in pre-season. He is a great passer who can pick the pass that creates the opportunity. Wasnt there a clip on the OS of kuhl making the 'pass of the season'?

I can't agree with that. Kuhl is a Xabi Alonso type player, sits deep and dictates, he's a good passer of the ball who will pick out the occasional gem of an assist, but that's not his main game.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Aug 2014 08:43

winchester_royal
Basingstoke Royal

I can't agree with that. Kuhl is a Xabi Alonso type player, sits deep and dictates, he's a good passer of the ball who will pick out the occasional gem of an assist, but that's not his main game.

The other important thing about Kuhl and why things improved when he came on last night was that he moves it quickly because he's not panicking over his 1st touch. Hector's pass to Akpan which led to the first goal last night wasn't the best but if it was played to Kuhl I'd pretty much guarantee the outcome would have been different. If we're going to play from the back then we need to trust all the players in the side with the ability to control the ball in tight areas. Norwood seems far more likely to fit in that way than the likes of Akpan who would be perfectly suited to a Brian McD midfield but not the way Adkins would appear to want us to play (I say appear because it aint always obvious)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Aug 2014 09:29

Not sure Kuhl or anyone can do much with such an undercooked pass as Hector made last night.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 20 Aug 2014 09:36

You may well be right, but the one thing Kuhl has which I think our other players (including the likes of Guthrie and Jem) don't is awareness. That's why he always looks to have so much time on the ball, because he's already read the game 2 seconds before the ball comes to him and can therefore play those first time balls into space and look so comfortable while doing it.

That's just a sign of real class though. Can't teach it.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Aug 2014 09:42

Kuhl moves the ball extremely quickly which i think is imperative in the middle of the park to keep things ticking along.

Yes he is lightweight, and I can't see him next to Karacan working but he's certainly a good option to have

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 20 Aug 2014 10:00

LoyalRoyal22 Huddersfield fans seem to think he is rubbish..

Funny because I spoke to a Leicester season ticket holder I know on Monday and he said the same about Hammond...

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 20 Aug 2014 10:05

Basingstoke Royal

Kuhl and Karacan that's two K's if we can find another midfielder whose surname starts with the letter 'K' we could become the single most supported club in the Deep South of America!!

248 posts