*RELEGATION WATCH*

538 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

*RELEGATION WATCH*

by floyd__streete » 22 Nov 2014 12:57

I am sure we'd all agree that with mystery new owners already making excuses and absolving themselves of any responsibility via message on Facebook in broken English and with the team displaying relegation form and conceding poor goals in every game (Alex Pearce was POTS when we won the title of this league under the previous management, what have Adkins and Crosby done with him?) we're going to do well to stay up this season.

Looking at the few teams below us in the table I'd say there are a number with a good chance of finishing well above us in the final reckoning. Wigan have a chink of hope and are Jew a few wins now they have MacKay, they have a strong squad for this league. Fulham have plenty of quality and you'd expect themselves to pull out of it. Brighton I'd expect the same. Bolton and Rotherham have managers who are frankly a nasty piece of work, exactly the sort of calibre we could do with at Reading.

Of the sides below us, I expect Huddersfield, Leeds, Millwall, Birmingham and Blackpool to join us in the bottom 6. We will need some help elsewhere; Huddersfield currently drawing at home. Leeds away to Blackburn today, a side in good form. Blackpool vs Bolton and Charlton vs Millwall represents two derby games. Rotherham face Birmingham. I have some hope that another damaging defeat yesterday might be negated somewhat today by some positive results for us at the bottom.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: *RELEGATION WATCH*

by Royal Lady » 22 Nov 2014 13:01

Good to see some positivity from you there Floyd! :D

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Nov 2014 13:04

Well I'm already convinced we'll finish ahead of Blackpool, Birmingham and Rotherham at the very least so I'll give this thread a miss.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Nov 2014 13:11

floyd__streete Wigan have a chink of hope and are Jew a few wins now they have MacKay,

o floydus o mores.

(Gay wink)

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Nov 2014 13:12

tidus_mi2 Well I'm already convinced we'll finish ahead of Blackpool, Birmingham and Rotherham at the very least

This.

I always said give Adkins the full season and if we are not far off finishing in the bottom three, he has to go. With this squad, i expected top 8 finish, but the lack of quality in central defence and injuries has been a great burden to us thus far. I personally think he will delve into the transfer market in January and strengthen the defence.

No need to panic.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 22 Nov 2014 13:51

On the plus side there are some good away's to be had in League 1 next season

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 22 Nov 2014 14:08

floyd__streete new owners in broken English.

What, those non native English speakers are not speaking English perfectly???

YOU B*ST*RDS!!!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Nov 2014 14:28

People thinking relegation is not a possibility really need to wake up & smell the coffee.

We are in real danger of going down if Adkins remains in charge.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Nov 2014 14:34

MmmMonsterMunch People thinking relegation is not a possibility really need to wake up & smell the coffee.

Nothing wrong with the smell of my coffee.

Sitting 14th with us playing 'the worst ever', drama springs to mind with a few on here.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Nov 2014 14:37

AirRaidSiren
MmmMonsterMunch People thinking relegation is not a possibility really need to wake up & smell the coffee.

Sitting 14th with us playing 'the worst ever', drama springs to mind with a few on here.

15th*

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Nov 2014 14:40

P!ssed Off
AirRaidSiren

15th*

Yay! We're in so much worse a situation being in 15th

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Nov 2014 14:47

2 wins in 10 league games now. The players confidence is shot to fcuk & we have some tricky games coming up. We can't even beat shit teams so god knows how we'll fare against some half decent ones.

I suspect come Xmas we'll be languishing around 18-21st position but hey it's great!! We're all loving it aren't we guys :?:

Viva the Adkins footballing revolution!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Nov 2014 14:47

AirRaidSiren
P!ssed Off
AirRaidSiren Nothing wrong with the smell of my coffee.

15th*

Yay! We're in so much worse a situation being in 15th

We'll be a couple of spots lower in a few hours once everyone's played their game in hand.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Nov 2014 14:48

MmmMonsterMunch 2 wins in 10 league games now. The players confidence is shot to fcuk & we have some tricky games coming up. We can't even beat shit teams so god knows how we'll fare against some half decent ones.

I suspect come Xmas we'll be languishing around 18-21st position but hey it's great!! We're all loving it aren't we guys :?:

Viva the Adkins footballing revolution!

2 wins in 11 league games tbf. 12 in all comps.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Nov 2014 14:51

Yep, im sure we will be.

Our home form will keep us up. I've no worries about us going down, i do have a few worries about the team, going down isnt one of them.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Nov 2014 14:58

There's having a transition season & then there's absolute & utter failure of the management team to get a remotely adequate performance from a perfectly capable set of players.

You really think it's the former?

I'm absolutely convinced he'll be sacked in the next 2-3 weeks anyway so hopefully this thread can be put to bed once the new manager comes in.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Nov 2014 15:11

MmmMonsterMunch There's having a transition season & then there's absolute & utter failure of the management team to get a remotely adequate performance from a perfectly capable set of players.

You really think it's the former?

I'm absolutely convinced he'll be sacked in the next 2-3 weeks anyway so hopefully this thread can be put to bed once the new manager comes in.

To me, i cannot comment on our performances this season, as i cant be arsed to go to matches this season. The likes of yourself would know better than myself. But......by results, we have been in far worse situations.

Ok, youre right with regards to the fact we should be in a better situation with the squad we have. Do i think Adkins is the right man? He was the best choice to come here at the time imo and i wont judge him until he has a full season with us.

Some of our fan base just seem to want instant success since our 05/06 season.

And i do think if we finish a couple of places above the relegation zone, then he must go.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Nov 2014 15:22

AirRaidSiren Some of our fan base just seem to want instant success since our 05/06 season.

I think this statement is hugely unfair. The fans have been patient. I'd go as far as to say almost saint like! They have for some strange reason even continued to sing Nigel's name to attempt to back him. I used to join in but I reached my tipping point quite a few games ago.

What you've said there just isn't true mate. Honestly we are bloody awful. Get yourself down to a home game & see the damage this fella has done....

People accept we won't get promoted absolutely they do. What we are seeing is epic shitness of the highest order though & it isn't acceptable with the players we have.

I think our fans are probably some of the most patient fans in the country TBH. He's had the job almost 2 years now & the apathy surrounding him & the club grows by the day. He is doing real damage now IMO.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Nov 2014 15:24

We will go down and it can happen with this manager. He seems devoid of ideas and the teams confidence drains by the week. How low can we go? Who knows. We can't beat s+it at home and away you just know what's gonna happen. I'm not sure how much more of this the owners will take. There is no excuse to be in this position injuries or not.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Nov 2014 15:30

MmmMonsterMunch
AirRaidSiren Some of our fan base just seem to want instant success since our 05/06 season.

I think this statement is hugely unfair. The fans have been patient. I'd go as far as to say almost saint like! They have for some strange reason even continued to sing Nigel's name to attempt to back him. I used to join in but I reached my tipping point quite a few games ago.

What you've said there just isn't true mate. Honestly we are bloody awful. Get yourself down to a home game & see the damage this fella has done....

People accept we won't get promoted absolutely they do. What we are seeing is epic shitness of the highest order though & it isn't acceptable with the players we have.

I think our fans are probably some of the most patient fans in the country TBH. He's had the job almost 2 years now & the apathy surrounding him & the club grows by the day. He is doing real damage now IMO.

Ok, fair point.

I just think sacking a manager because of a few bad results is so cliche these days.

My point stands though, we are 15th and according to you and some others, we are playing awful. What if we started playing better? Not a bad position to be in, eh?

There are teams playing far worse than us, judging by the table positions.

538 posts