BFTG Bolton (H)

marlowuk

Re: BFTG Bolton (H)

by marlowuk » 10 Dec 2014 03:14

Ian Royal
Old Biscuitman Haven't been able to get to a game this season, so rely on these posts to stay informed. It all sounds quite depressing. Must say that, after more than 60 years of association with this club in one way or another, I may take myself off to watch Forest Green Rovers next weekend.

Earlier in the season we had a huge list of injuries and a backs to the wall, fight through it approach. We picked up a few unexpected points thanks to this.

I think we then got a bit too relaxed and complacent as new signings settled in. We got turned over by Sheff Weds, then well beaten by Derby in the cup. We lost a good lead against Wolves and couldn't beat Leeds. Suddenly our confidence was shot to buggery and we crumbled like a dry sand castle in a gale the second we conceded. But, we were playing reasonably good football in between calamitous defensive mistakes even then. 0-3 against Derby is probably the best display I've ever seen from a team being comprehensively beaten. It would have been a totally unfair result but for our shambolically suicidal defending.

In the last few games Adkins has been slowly changing the emphasis. Going less attacking and trying to address the defensive frailties. That's resulted in a meaner defence but a more toothless attack and poor creation from midfield. He needs to shift back a little again, but we need enough confidence that we won't fall apart at the drop of a hat & that the defence is improved before that's really likely to work.

That's my view from having seen about half the games so far. But I'm sure someone'll come along to explain I'm wrong and it's all just a simple case that Adkins has an orange tan and can't do his job so we're just shit.

That's a pretty accurate summary in my view Ian!

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 10 Dec 2014 13:56

sandman Remember to take your Mac.

My PC suits me fine thanks.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Dec 2014 15:05

Cureton's Volley Lolz :lol:

For what it's worth I'll be at Burnham watching Henley Town. Sadly I have no mac, but there is now one on my xmas list.

Just listen to Pink Floyd's greatest hits on the way there.

scumbag

by scumbag » 11 Dec 2014 09:27

ayjaydee
Highlight of my day was one of my all time favourite players doing the pre match chat and Kitson didn't disappoint. He was asked why he retired and he initially said two words "Michael Appleton". When asked to expand he said he had previous with him at Pompey and when Appleton arrived at Oxford he said to Kits "what are you going to do". " I'm not going to play for you" was the reply and decision was taken to retire. Gotta love Kits!

:lol:

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 11 Dec 2014 12:17

Cannot beat his man ever
Only crosses he gets over are from dead balls or running on to a through pass
[/quote]

Don't say untrue things for the sake of it, it doesn't convince anyone

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Dec 2014 23:49

WestRoyal Cannot beat his man ever
Only crosses he gets over are from dead balls or running on to a through pass

Don't say untrue things for the sake of it, it doesn't convince anyone

Just expressing my opinion if that's alright with you

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Dec 2014 09:10

To be fair you weren't stating an opinion, you were making statements which were either true or false and easily checked.. I'd be pretty certain both are wrong, and saying they are your opinion wouldn't make then right, any more than saying that the world is flat would be right if it was your opinion.
You may not think Obita is a decent winger, that is an opinion you are entitled to. But he has beaten his man and he does put in crosses, and no opinion can change those facts.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 12 Dec 2014 09:51

Nameless To be fair you weren't stating an opinion, you were making statements which were either true or false and easily checked.. I'd be pretty certain both are wrong, and saying they are your opinion wouldn't make then right, any more than saying that the world is flat would be right if it was your opinion.
You may not think Obita is a decent winger, that is an opinion you are entitled to. But he has beaten his man and he does put in crosses, and no opinion can change those facts.

My opinion: rarely beats his man-but excellent crosser of the ball-probably a better full back, than out & out winger.

Lest we forget however Beckham couldn't evade a lamp post-but he was about the best crosser of a ball I have ever seen and played over a 100 times for England.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 12 Dec 2014 10:09

Cureton's Volley Lolz :lol:

For what it's worth I'll be at Burnham watching Henley Town. Sadly I have no mac, but there is now one on my xmas list.

...sorry ? Think you've stood too close to a John Hiseman 15 min drum and ocarina mash-up :? - Burnham are hosting HITCHIN TOWN this coming Sat and HENLEY should be at home to Woodley Town .... but I'd wager its already getting a bit soggy for that.

.... unless of course you were a) being mildly ironic or b) letting us know your plans for Monday 23rd Feb (stick it in your diaries folks) when Henley DO visit the Gore - the league website has helpfully posted the attendance in advance = 10 :mrgreen:
(bit generous I'd say)

... slithers back to GF .....

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Dec 2014 20:55

Nameless To be fair you weren't stating an opinion, you were making statements which were either true or false and easily checked.. I'd be pretty certain both are wrong, and saying they are your opinion wouldn't make then right, any more than saying that the world is flat would be right if it was your opinion.

Hmm, take things quite literally don't you? :)