BFTG - Birmingham

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Birmingham

by The Prisoner » 14 Dec 2014 00:30

PieEater I left at half time, I was having a piss as the 4th went in. I was encouraged to leave by a group that left after 10 mins at 2-0 but it turned out they'd gone for beers in the concourse. I think it was a wise decision. Being 1-0 down with their first shot after 2 mins FFS. What do these players do in training?

We were a total shambles, pretty well every attack and every shot they scored. We passed it about well but created few chances. I've never been in the Adkins out camp but that was a total capitulation.

From what I can remember the first was lucky and looked saveable, the second was an obvious set piece routine from a dubious foul, the third was a Cooper mistake.... the 4th I mentioned already.

Thanks to Virgin Xcountry for cancelling the 17:30 return train to pour more misery on those that stayed till the bitter end.

Worst post I've seen on this thread. Completely clueless. Factually incorrect.

Virgin lost the Xcountry franchise years ago.

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 14 Dec 2014 00:53

floyd__streete First game in 2 months for me. Before the game I thought we were a poor side. Now I *know* we are. Pathetic effort from our players today. This team has every chance of finishing in the bottom 3 on the evidence of the garbage I saw today.

Those of you who wisely decided to swerve the game, make sure you tune in to the Football League Show to watch a master class in defending.

Your first game in two months, Pretend Floyd, and you saw that...... There is a silver lining to today's match after all :lol:

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 14 Dec 2014 08:27

Slept through most of the first half and left at half time. Cracking day out though, going to keep going to away games but might just stop buying tickets for the match

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 14 Dec 2014 09:41

Well that was pathetic. I think the first two goals came from the first times Birmingham game into our half. We never put a tackle in and they looked dangerous every time they came forward. We had two excellent chances at 1-0 and didn't take them, and then everything went to pot from there.

I've been in the Adkins out camp for months, and if he is still here by next week I'll be amazed. How he can justify his job after today is beyond me. What do we do on the training ground day in day out.

As for the players, cox and hector were the stand out awful today. Cox created nothing in the 10 role and can't defend either, he spent most of the time being offside, and hector is like a rio Ferdinand who cannot defend. Those two were terrible today.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Dec 2014 11:06

Any rumblings of discontent from the club gazzer? I know you're well informed.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Dec 2014 11:25

dizzynewheights Slept through most of the first half and left at half time. Cracking day out though, going to keep going to away games but might just stop buying tickets for the match

Lol. In for this.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 14 Dec 2014 11:32

Why don't the club swap Adkins and Dolan over?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2014 11:40

CholseyRoyal Why don't the club swap Adkins and Dolan over?

This

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 14 Dec 2014 11:56

Terrible performance, terrible game, missed half the goals to drink in the concourse, a much better decision.

Seen so many useless performances under Adkins I've really started to reach the end of my tether with him, never seen us concede 6 goals before and now I've seen it twice under him, almost without reply.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 14 Dec 2014 12:27

Oh come on, they did keep it down to 6 in the end to avoid refunding the travelling fans ala Sunderland :D

Christof

by Christof » 14 Dec 2014 12:43

First game this season, quite possibly last as well. Christof Jr wanted to leave at 4-1. We didn't. Character-building, I think they call it.

Highlight of the game was speaking to Floyd at the end (big fan etc), lowlight was knowing, just knowing, that when their 3rd went in that it was all over. No fight, no guile, little passion, with (non-match-fit?) players going through the motions against average opposition (Gray was good though).

Relegation candidates? Before today no. Now? Most definitely.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Dec 2014 14:51

I don't know what game you were watching but it certainly wasn't what I was watching!

We outplayed them, outclassed them and it was, in the words of Adkins "very, very close". Our possession just goes to show how much better we were.

You can't blame the team for some individual errors and bad luck.

Although I didn't actually watch the game I based my opinion on a professional football manager who was actually there i.e. Adkins' post match interview plus some stats but he was definitely there and knows more than you guys so that's what I'm going with.

Could've been 6-1 to us really.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Dec 2014 14:54

leon

This

Because the best way to lose Dolan is to make him manager. Either he's rubbish in which case we'll sack him or he's good in which case someone else will poach him. In either case we'll lose a man who's doing a fantastic job as it is. Good thought though.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2014 14:56

2 world wars, 1 world cup
leon

This

Because the best way to lose Dolan is to make him manager. Either he's rubbish in which case we'll sack him or he's good in which case someone else will poach him. In either case we'll lose a man who's doing a fantastic job as it is. Good thought though.

Sorry that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Dec 2014 16:50

2 world wars, 1 world cup I don't know what game you were watching but it certainly wasn't what I was watching!

We outplayed them, outclassed them and it was, in the words of Adkins "very, very close". Our possession just goes to show how much better we were.

Although I didn't actually watch the game I based my opinion on a professional football manager who was actually there i.e. Adkins' post match interview plus some stats but he was definitely there and knows more than you guys so that's what I'm going with.

Or more. If we'd have taken our 3 half-chances we could have won 12-1 at least. We're incredibly close to being as good as Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Dec 2014 16:53

2 world wars, 1 world cup I don't know what game you were watching but it certainly wasn't what I was watching!

:lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Dec 2014 17:53

:lol: :lol: excellent!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 15 Dec 2014 13:28

Caversham Royal Your first game in two months, Pretend Floyd, and you saw that...... There is a silver lining to today's match after all

Tbh it was entertaining in its own way seeing just how very bad we are :!:

And on that evidence I felt truly sorry for you poor saps who still go and watch every week :!: