BFTG - Birmingham

by CountryRoyal » 13 Dec 2014 18:45

Shit. Adkins out.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Birmingham

by Man Friday » 13 Dec 2014 19:31

Dreadful, just dreadful.

When Birmingham attacked it was like a hot knife through butter. Our defence just melted. It was like watching a pub team play a Premier League side. Some of those players aren't good enough for League 2. I'm not saying that in an angry way but in a composed, analytical way.

Make no mistake, this team has 'Relegation' written all over it.
Last edited by Man Friday on 13 Dec 2014 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

photographer

by photographer » 13 Dec 2014 19:32

ADKINS OUT!
BRYNJAR IN!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 13 Dec 2014 20:01

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 Dec 2014 20:05

I left at half time, I was having a piss as the 4th went in. I was encouraged to leave by a group that left after 10 mins at 2-0 but it turned out they'd gone for beers in the concourse. I think it was a wise decision. Being 1-0 down with their first shot after 2 mins FFS. What do these players do in training?

We were a total shambles, pretty well every attack and every shot they scored. We passed it about well but created few chances. I've never been in the Adkins out camp but that was a total capitulation.

From what I can remember the first was lucky and looked saveable, the second was an obvious set piece routine from a dubious foul, the third was a Cooper mistake.... the 4th I mentioned already.

Thanks to Virgin Xcountry for cancelling the 17:30 return train to pour more misery on those that stayed till the bitter end.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 Dec 2014 20:12

Just to add that the only other game I've left at half time was our 3-0 capitulation to Wigan in the Prem.

I'm not sure i can face attending the next game.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Dec 2014 20:17

First game in 2 months for me. Before the game I thought we were a poor side. Now I *know* we are. Pathetic effort from our players today. This team has every chance of finishing in the bottom 3 on the evidence of the garbage I saw today.

Those of you who wisely decided to swerve the game, make sure you tune in to the Football League Show to watch a master class in defending.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 13 Dec 2014 20:19

PieEater I left at half time, I was having a piss as the 4th went in. I was encouraged to leave by a group that left after 10 mins at 2-0 but it turned out they'd gone for beers in the concourse. I think it was a wise decision. Being 1-0 down with their first shot after 2 mins FFS. What do these players do in training?

We were a total shambles, pretty well every attack and every shot they scored. We passed it about well but created few chances. I've never been in the Adkins out camp but that was a total capitulation.

From what I can remember the first was lucky and looked saveable, the second was an obvious set piece routine from a dubious foul, the third was a Cooper mistake.... the 4th I mentioned already.

Thanks to Virgin Xcountry for cancelling the 17:30 return train to pour more misery on those that stayed till the bitter end.

What were the pies like though?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 Dec 2014 20:24

Fortunately I'd planned to fill my gut with beer and 'spoons hotdog before entering the ground so there was no room for pies.

That may be too much information.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Dec 2014 20:27

Plenty of possession 65% I think
If we could just find a final pass and a finish or two and if we could have defended say half of their attacks we could have won that :shock:

But more realistically I wanted to leave at half time, and after two minutes of second half and then again after 60 minutes. But I stayed till three minutes to go, God knows why. That was embarrassing

Nigel Nigel give us a wave, goodbye

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Dec 2014 20:28

PieEater I left at half time, I was having a piss as the 4th went in. I was encouraged to leave by a group that left after 10 mins at 2-0 but it turned out they'd gone for beers in the concourse. I think it was a wise decision. Being 1-0 down with their first shot after 2 mins FFS. What do these players do in training?

The first was the set piece, looked like a foul tbf, but poor defending - thought Donaldson should have shot when he had space.

Second was a tidy finish, but gray was allowed to run ages and every when backed off. Third.... Jake cooper passed it to their player 2 meters away. Fourth was very predictable, easiest counter attack I've ever seen. Feds should have come out an charged down gray. From where he was, had Feds come out the angle would have forced him to shoot on his weeker left, especially considering the "covering" players. Instead he meandered into the box at leasure and slid it past him. Couldn't really see 5 and 6 and tbh didn't really care anyway.

Honestly I thought our offensive play for the first 20 minutes was good - if you forgot the point was to score a goal. We passed it around and got into good positions but the delivery was woeful. Defensively we were still all over the shop, as per.

Don't blame Jake cooper too much as he's a young lad in a position which calls for experience, not either his or Hector's fault they are getting picked. However, they are still culpable for poor positioning, poor communication, and general individual errors.

About communication - it is important all over the park, but so much more so in defense, we have none. We have no leadership, no one to take charge. Gunter has to be the worst captain ever.

There's not much else to say on the game, that you couldn't gather from previous games. It's the same turgid shit. I understand confidence must be low, but something has to change, - bye Nigel.

I have never seen a more powder puff team, no bottle, toothless, gutless... You name it.. Whatever adjective you want to use to describe our woefulness would probably be perfectly justified.our decision making is baffling. We have opportunities to shoot, but then slow the play down, dribble to the edge of the box, and chip it back post - what the actual oxf*rd is our obsession with the back post?

"Should've gone Christmas shopping" chant was lols.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Dec 2014 20:44

floyd__streete First game in 2 months for me. Before the game I thought we were a poor side. Now I *know* we are. Pathetic effort from our players today. This team has every chance of finishing in the bottom 3 on the evidence of the garbage I saw today.

Those of you who wisely decided to swerve the game, make sure you tune in to the Football League Show to watch a master class in defending.

Cheered me up to know that you went :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Dec 2014 21:16

Got back from the game, that was a pathetic effort. Apart from the first 20 minutes when we looked dangerous we were absolutely awful. All the goals were gifted but the first one was a good strike. Cooper needs to be dropped and sent out on loan. I dont understand why Obita keeps being played on the wing when he is clearly a left back. Starting Cox was a mistake today, I thought it was a good team to start before the game but we are far too open when Cox starts. Norwood is so lightweight, I can see why Huddersfield let him go now. We need Karacan back asap and I mean ASAP!!!!!!!!

I thought Blackman was our best player when he came on and thats saying something! :shock:

The truth is either the manager has to go or the team needs to be completely overhauled. I can see what Adkins is trying to do, and we did play some decent football at times but we lacked a cutting edge. This team cannot play Adkins style of football and be tight at the back.

Feel really fed up with everything this season. Its not all Adkins fault with the ownership saga but today he needs to take a good chunk of the blame for the defeat today and those players need to look long and hard at themselves.

Final thing I will say is I think we should send Murray back to Palace and sign a decent and solid championship ball playing centre half. I think Dominic Samuel should be given a chance. Though I like Murray, I think the defensive problems outweigh our recent lack of goals.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 13 Dec 2014 21:23

The PA announcer's "substitution for Blackpool" was a decent piece of comedy!

Nothing else much to report for us - horrendous defensive display, absolutely horrendous.

Y25Beryl

by Y25Beryl » 13 Dec 2014 21:24

Powder Puffs - 12d

Nuff said
ttfn nige.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 13 Dec 2014 21:37

Simon's Church http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrWaIr85jsY

Adkins in

Christ almighty; now I understand him entirely.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 13 Dec 2014 22:09

Royalclapper The PA announcer's "substitution for Blackpool" was a decent piece of comedy!

Followed by chants of "Are you Blackpool in disguise?"
Best part of the day!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Dec 2014 22:13

Royal_jimmy Got back from the game, that was a pathetic effort. Apart from the first 20 minutes when we looked dangerous we were absolutely awful. All the goals were gifted but the first one was a good strike. Cooper needs to be dropped and sent out on loan. I dont understand why Obita keeps being played on the wing when he is clearly a left back. Starting Cox was a mistake today, I thought it was a good team to start before the game but we are far too open when Cox starts. Norwood is so lightweight, I can see why Huddersfield let him go now. We need Karacan back asap and I mean ASAP!!!!!!!!

I thought Blackman was our best player when he came on and thats saying something! :shock:

The truth is either the manager has to go or the team needs to be completely overhauled. I can see what Adkins is trying to do, and we did play some decent football at times but we lacked a cutting edge. This team cannot play Adkins style of football and be tight at the back.

Feel really fed up with everything this season. Its not all Adkins fault with the ownership saga but today he needs to take a good chunk of the blame for the defeat today and those players need to look long and hard at themselves.

Final thing I will say is I think we should send Murray back to Palace and sign a decent and solid championship ball playing centre half. I think Dominic Samuel should be given a chance. Though I like Murray, I think the defensive problems outweigh our recent lack of goals.
there's nothing like hedging your bets :wink:
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 13 Dec 2014 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 13 Dec 2014 22:13

The money set aside to sign Murray will be similar to what's required to pay off Adkins. I know which one will benefit the club more.

Even if we stick with Adkins please do not sign Murray. Useless. The number of times he was offside today is unreal. Nothing special.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

BFTG - Birmingham

by Huntley & Palmer » 13 Dec 2014 23:44

Not sure how he can justify the performance today in any way shape or form. Unfortunately i believe that financially we can't afford to sack him, so we find ourselves in a Ally McCoist/Rangers situation