Where in the table should we be with this squad?

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Where in the table should we be with this squad?

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 15 Dec 2014 11:57

So we have a young squad, and we've carried a fair few injuries to senior first-team players this year.

We've sold a fair few of the clubs well established pro's and released the others. Some will shoot me down for this, but even Jobi McAnuff looks like he'd improve this squad right now.

The question then is how good or bad is Adkins actually doing with the squad we have?

What would be a fair position to be in whilst we are filling the squad with youngsters where injuries have dictated?

My shout ultimately is mid-table at best, which we are 5 points off and 4 positions.

There are only very few managers out there that get the best out of every player in their squad for a whole season, but I acknowledged that under Adkins we seem destined to get an annual drubbing at some point.

Just be keen to know where others think this squad should be in the table.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Where in the table should we be with this squad?

by melonhead » 15 Dec 2014 12:08

with all players back and therefore a few less kids I the 1st team I think we could push for playoffs by the end of the year. but that's with all our potential fulfilled. far more likely we would always be around the midtable mark.

Froomes

by Froomes » 15 Dec 2014 12:19

With the squad we currently have mid table should be the absolute bare minimum. With our current form we'll be lucky to finish there though...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 15 Dec 2014 12:20

With it being so light and so many kids I only expected 10th at best.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Dec 2014 13:07

melonhead with all players back and therefore a few less kids I the 1st team I think we could push for playoffs by the end of the year. but that's with all our potential fulfilled. far more likely we would always be around the midtable mark.

With the team we put out on Saturday, I'd have said we should have been top half - I know we've had injuries - but jeez we've had so many of them, surely it's more than just bad luck. I would have expected the team of Saturday to have beaten Birmingham and be climbing the table at a rate of knots. Clearly we didn't and we won't.

And I think this will carry on, a lucky win or draw, mainly losing in dire circumstances with no fight or passion, until such time as the players are given are kick up the backsides and the manager goes.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Dec 2014 13:10

Exactly where we are

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 Dec 2014 13:16

Somewhere above Ipswich, Brentford, Charlton, Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham.

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 15 Dec 2014 13:45

The games are just soooo boring.! :(

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 Dec 2014 14:02

Overall the squad is very strong but not balanced - we are clearly much too weak in our CBs .... the 1/2 match that Ferdinand played in, it showed what difference an experienced player in that position can make ....

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 15 Dec 2014 15:16

Totally, we're weak at center back.
In which case the manager should recognise that and not ask the players to dick around with the ball on the edge of our own box! The last thing you need as a young nervous defender is trying to pick a pass while the opposition close you down.
The rest of the squad is experienced at the top level, with some internationals. We probably have a better overall squad than Burnley, plus a number of championship sides doing well (Brentford).
We should at least be in the top six, but given the inept management we'll finish bottom six, hopefully staying up.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Dec 2014 16:11

If we do manage to stay up and Adkins is still with us come the end of the season because the Thai's are unwilling (or financially the club is unable) to get rid of Adkins - what happens next season, more of the same? :cry:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Dec 2014 17:50

With the whole squad fit from the start and playinv with confidence? About 9 - 12.

Given our long list of difficulties? Pretty much where we are which is exactly where many expected us to be. They've just been spoilt eith good seasons for so long they've forgotten what lower mid table is really like.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 Dec 2014 18:07

Ian Royal With the whole squad fit from the start and playinv with confidence? About 9 - 12.

Given our long list of difficulties? Pretty much where we are which is exactly where many expected us to be. They've just been spoilt eith good seasons for so long they've forgotten what lower mid table is really like.

You know full well that expectation polls were taken at the point where the club was in the financial shit and had made zero signings. We then went on to sign Murray, Cox, Norwood, Mackie and Ferdinand.

Yet still you persist with this "exactly what people expected" bollocks. Have you no shame?

Biggest clown on the board.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Dec 2014 18:12

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal With the whole squad fit from the start and playinv with confidence? About 9 - 12.

You know full well that expectation polls were taken at the point where the club was in the financial shit and had made zero signings. We then went on to sign Murray, Cox, Norwood, Mackie and Ferdinand.

Yet still you persist with this "exactly what people expected" bollocks. Have you no shame?

Biggest clown on the board.

You've taken my crown of angriest weirdo. So I felt it only fair to take sandman's title.

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1