RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Shaun Cummings to Millwall

by RG30 » 12 Jan 2015 10:53

Having a medical at Milllllllllllllllllllllllllwall

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 12 Jan 2015 11:12

edinburghroyal Losing Cummings will be bad for the squad...

Why? He is shit.

edinburghroyal
Agreed with the newbie, Karacan is useless, never added anything to the team, injury-prone donkey. How come is he the captain by the way?

:|

Yeah, must have forgot the time he was a key part of our title winning side..

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 12 Jan 2015 11:24

RG30 Having a medical at Milllllllllllllllllllllllllwall

Don't you mean Millwalol?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2015 11:53

Won't be much as he's out of contract in the summer. I'd guess at around a few hundred grand plus maybe a sell on clause or extra if they stay up.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 12 Jan 2015 11:54

Dave-Royal How Much Reading are Selling Him For :?:

Can't imagine we'll be getting a lot. He's not played for a long time, plus I doubt his value was that much anyway. Possibly a good bit of business for Milwall, if they can get him for 250k-300k?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Jan 2015 14:21

Sorry to lose him. Totally the right time for him to leave, but still sad to lose a likeable player who's associated with a successful time for the club and is able to kick himself in the head.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Jan 2015 16:06

Has just been confirmed on Reading fc website http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 99057.aspx
good luck Shaun never really got a proper chance

southsideroyal

by southsideroyal » 12 Jan 2015 16:10

Best of luck to him. As a supporter, I can say I liked him. Did a passable job whenever he was called into the side and never complained when he was out of it. A good professional and the type of player I imagine any club is happy to have in their side provided he's on modest wages.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2015 16:51

Good luck to him. He had a disastrous start here and showed a lot of character to come back and be a valuable squad member.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 12 Jan 2015 16:53

southsideroyal Best of luck to him. As a supporter, I can say I liked him. Did a passable job whenever he was called into the side and never complained when he was out of it. A good professional and the type of player I imagine any club is happy to have in their side provided he's on modest wages.

This! Good luck for the future Shaun (except against us of course)

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 12 Jan 2015 16:53

Can we have a slow, somber & respectful version of ""Shaun Cummings, all over your face" in the <insert squad number>* minute of the next home game?

Failing that - I think we should retire the <insert squad number>* shirt.

*Can't be arsed to look it up - probably twenty summat.

Jano

by Jano » 12 Jan 2015 17:02

Wonder if Clarke knew Cummings from his time at Chelsea and decided to move him on pretty quickly from that.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 12 Jan 2015 17:10

Jano Wonder if Clarke knew Cummings from his time at Chelsea and decided to move him on pretty quickly from that.

I would imagine so, his 'adequate performances' were few and far between.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2015 17:59

Sorry to see him go, a victim of our promotion under McDermott just at the time he was starting to establish himself (until injured). Started this season well too. Obviously not good enough for the Premier League, but perfectly competent at this level. Worked hard, bided his time, didn't rock the boat and was always ready to go when called on.

We don't need three right backs, so one going is good, and Gunter is better going forward by a mile (although I think Cummings may actually be better defensively), but I'd have preferred to keep Shaun and lose one of Gunter or Kelly as they're bound to be on more money (and overall aren't that much better than him).

Wouldn't be surprised if the fee was very low or even non-existent as we do need to drastically cut the wage bill, especially if we want to make more than the odd signing this month. Which we need.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2015 18:10

Let's be honest, if neither club announced this then i don't think anyone would have noticed he was gone until we played Millwall.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 12 Jan 2015 19:12

Should start by saying that I never saw him play in his first season with us, and with not needing three right-backs this makes sense for player and the club, but still sad to see him go. Useful squad player and our cheapest backup to Gunter.

Will be interesting to see if Kelly is offered a new deal in the summer, possibly depends on whether Gunter stays or not I guess. The idea suggested earlier in the thread that we will go with Gunter (assuming he signs a new contract) and Long I can see happening though. As I was told by a Forest fan when we signed him, Gunter doesn't miss many games through injury, so the club may prefer to use the U21 right-back rather than an international as cover. We've also got Hector and Keown who can play there too.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2015 20:07

southsideroyal Best of luck to him. As a supporter, I can say I liked him. Did a passable job whenever he was called into the side and never complained when he was out of it. A good professional and the type of player I imagine any club is happy to have in their side provided he's on modest wages.

Agreed. A pretty good player with a fantastic attitude who always did what was asked of him without complaint and gave his all to the club and team. It was a great pity when he got injured early on this season, as I really felt he was starting to show what he was capable of and might well have established himself in the side.

I really can't see what he has done to attract some of the mockery and insults on here.

I reckon he will do a good job for Millwall and become an established player at Championship level ( I reckon someone else may well sign him if Millwall do go down and not come up).

Thanks and Good Luck Shaun.

BTW which was the big game where one of our players scored (Jobi?) and Cummings ran after him trying to stop him taking his shirt off in celebration, in order to avoid him getting a yellow card?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 Jan 2015 21:05

Like many players few RFC fans gave him much credit, but IMO he never let us down when he played for us. I will always remember his performance at RW against Cardiff in the play off game - when he was excellent.

But the truth is that both Gunter and Kelly are better options and so he needed to go for the good of his career. He is not going to be PL quality and so lower level Championship/top League 1 is about right for him.

Good luck Shaun. I hope it goes well for you at Millwall.

I assume for us it means that we will sign the left back we have on trial soon. If so this is good business all round.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jan 2015 23:37

RoyalBlue

Agreed. A pretty good player with a fantastic attitude who always did what was asked of him without complaint and gave his all to the club and team. It was a great pity when he got injured early on this season, as I really felt he was starting to show what he was capable of and might well have established himself in the side.

I really can't see what he has done to attract some of the mockery and insults on here.

I reckon he will do a good job for Millwall and become an established player at Championship level ( I reckon someone else may well sign him if Millwall do go down and not come up).

Thanks and Good Luck Shaun.

BTW which was the big game where one of our players scored (Jobi?) and Cummings ran after him trying to stop him taking his shirt off in celebration, in order to avoid him getting a yellow card?

+1

Sorry to see him go

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 13 Jan 2015 09:23

Never got going at Reading, yet I'd prefer him in the squad to Kelly - now why has Kelly been so bad here?!