Shaun Cummings to Millwall

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Shaun Cummings to Millwall

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2015 09:09

Millwall have enquired about Cummings according to one of their local journos. Out of contract at the end of the season, would have been ok to keep as back up, but makes sense for him to leave. Wouldn't be surprised if they took him on loan till the end of the season then snapped him up for freesies.

wally bassoon

Re: Shaun Cummings to Millwall

by wally bassoon » 08 Jan 2015 09:19

Makes sense, dont really have a problem with losing somebody who has only made about 15 appearances in the last three seasons. Would have been nice to get some money for him as I doubt he is a big earner, so getting his wages off of the books is not going to help much.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2015 10:31

Cheapest of our three right backs so far from ideal. But we don't need threem was hoping Gunter would go for about £1.5m.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jan 2015 11:19

Could always shift Cummings and Kelly and use Long as back up to Gunter.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 08 Jan 2015 12:39

Not a bad shout considering Gunter is one of the more reliable players in the team for fitness, plays nearly every game unless dropped and he seems to be getting back into form. So Long would only be used on the rare occasion whilst training with the first team would be good experience.

Trouble is I could see one or the other being sold, can't see us being able to shift both in this window.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Jan 2015 12:51

Excellent! Get rid. One of the very worst players ever to play for us at this level.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 08 Jan 2015 13:22

floyd__streete Excellent! Get rid. One of the very worst players ever to play for us at this level.

You obviously didn't go to the play-off semi final V Cardiff. He played in midfield and was immense. Never given a chance at Reading

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2015 13:28

paddy20
floyd__streete Excellent! Get rid. One of the very worst players ever to play for us at this level.

You obviously didn't go to the play-off semi final V Cardiff. He played in midfield and was immense. Never given a chance at Reading

He wasn't immense, he had a good game compared to the very poor standards he'd set for himself. He was given a chance at the start of his career here, and he was awful. He's since failed to hold down a regular starting place under four different managers, one of whom signed three other right backs.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 08 Jan 2015 13:43

Probably put in the worst performance I have ever seen in a Reading shirt at WBA against Jerome Thomas in the Rodgers era but has since always done a decent job when called upon like that game at Cardiff, so wouldn't have him in the category Floyd has put him in!!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2015 13:48

He also managed to kick himself in the head, in his first or second appearance for us.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Jan 2015 13:50

Cummings was terrible when we first signed him and terrible in the Premier League (just like Gunter), but has come to be a reliable if unremarkable right back at this level. He held down a starting spot when we got promoted, and would probably have started 40 matches if not for injury.

He wasn't immense against Cardiff, we needed a job done and he did it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Jan 2015 13:57

SCIAG Cummings was terrible when we first signed him and terrible in the Premier League (just like Gunter), but has come to be a reliable if unremarkable right back at this level. He held down a starting spot when we got promoted, and would probably have started 40 matches if not for injury.

+1
a fair and balanced view

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 08 Jan 2015 14:36

bcubed
SCIAG Cummings was terrible when we first signed him and terrible in the Premier League (just like Gunter), but has come to be a reliable if unremarkable right back at this level. He held down a starting spot when we got promoted, and would probably have started 40 matches if not for injury.

+1
a fair and balanced view

There is no place for that kind of thing here

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Jan 2015 14:43

seen plenty of good games from Cummings.
the season he came back from almost being bombed out of pre season gives real testament to his grit and determination.
and I saw plenty of promise, and actual achievement before the premiere league ruined everything for him, and us.

given he has potential and time to improve, and the fact that he's cheap would put him ahead of Kelly and gunter in my full backs id want to keep list.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2015 14:57

melonhead seen plenty of good games from Cummings.
the season he came back from almost being bombed out of pre season gives real testament to his grit and determination.
and I saw plenty of promise, and actual achievement before the premiere league ruined everything for him, and us.

given he has potential and time to improve, and the fact that he's cheap would put him ahead of Kelly and gunter in my full backs id want to keep list.

Strange New Year/era - Once again I find myself in full agreement with Melonhead.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Jan 2015 15:00

Ha!

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 08 Jan 2015 15:16

melonhead seen plenty of good games from Cummings.

+1

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2015 15:29

+2

It'll come down though to how much flexibility we could get in the transfer window by allowing him to leave. Guess a loan option might be in the running.

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 08 Jan 2015 15:37

Sutekh +2

It'll come down though to how much flexibility we could get in the transfer window by allowing him to leave. Guess a loan option might be in the running.

I agree. I'd much rather see him go out on loan and get more games under his belt.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Jan 2015 21:05

I'll remember him fondly for the great goal line clearance against Charlton in the League Cup that we ended up losing anyway.