BFTG Middlesborough

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Middlesborough

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jan 2015 19:48

Pepe the Horseman It's weird how people see games so differently. Given that he's been out for so long, I thought Pog played well and put in a real shift.

+1

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 10 Jan 2015 19:51

Can anyone sum up pog today for me plz as was nit at the game, use 3 words to describe him

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Jan 2015 20:00

P!ssed Off
Pepe the Horseman It's weird how people see games so differently. Given that he's been out for so long, I thought Pog played well and put in a real shift.

+1

+2

The way he was running around he was never going to make it past the hour mark...

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 10 Jan 2015 20:13

URZZZZZ Can anyone sum up pog today for me plz as was nit at the game, use 3 words to describe him

NOT VERY GOOD

From what I remember
Tried to run about a bit
I Don't think he won a header ( In fact I think the only one he ever did win was when he scored a corker at Chelsea away a few years ago?)
Tripped over his own feet (In front of the manager. He was subsequently subbed a short time after)

And...............Thats about it

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 10 Jan 2015 20:15

Well - no arguments about who was MOTM today - Feds by a country mile - which sums up why 'boro will feel hard done by with just a point! We started brightly but after the first 10 minutes the half belonged to 'boro. They should have been at least 2 up by half time and one of their efforts looked to me to be a contender for 'miss of the season'! By contrast - apart from a weak header from Pog - I don't think we had a single attempt on goal!

The second half started the way of the first but we slowly got back into the game and began to look like something of a threat up front. Unfortunately, by this time, we had reverted to 'hoof-ball'. Our back four were kicking high balls to our front men and the midfield was pretty redundant. When we did play the ball on the ground and string some passes together we looked half-decent though.

But kudos to Federici who pulled off at least 2 first-class saves and confidently claimed crosses and corners all afternoon. After McCarthy it is such a relief to have a keeper who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and who can clear the ball with either of them! Of the others, Hector had a 'mare misjudging lofted balls, missing headers and getting dispossessed!! Pearce was a rock and Gunter continues to improve under Clarke. He is getting closer to his man on the wing and preventing many more crosses than a few weeks ago. Obita was not at his best but was pretty solid.

In the midfield, Norwood had a quiet game and I don't remember him doing much; Robson-Kanu continues to frustrate but he had a better game today with a few nice touches. Williams had a good game and seems to be getting back to his old self with driving runs at the opposition. Mackie was Mackie - busy without much end product. Pog did OK but things seemed to improve offensively when Blackman replaced him. He just works harder than Pog! Cox also worked hard but must have been frustrated by all the long balls pumped forward for him to contest against a tall and physical 'boro defence.

But - a point (which I would have taken before the game) and a clean sheet and we are now undefeated in 4 games.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jan 2015 20:24

Royality creeps In
URZZZZZ Can anyone sum up pog today for me plz as was nit at the game, use 3 words to describe him

NOT VERY GOOD

From what I remember
Tried to run about a bit
I Don't think he won a header ( In fact I think the only one he ever did win was when he scored a corker at Chelsea away a few years ago?)
Tripped over his own feet (In front of the manager. He was subsequently subbed a short time after)

Can I suggest that you take off the blinkers and try watching the game properly. It is complete and utter bollox to suggest that Pog didn't win a header today. He won many (including a good flick on to Cox when he was sandwiched between two defenders). He also did well to out muscle a defender in the second half to send a header just wide of the goal.

You are clearly so biaised against Pog that, by making the ludicrous claim that he didn't win a header, you deprived yourself of the opportunity to slate him for the one he sent over the bar when well positioned in the first half!

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 10 Jan 2015 20:28

It was a good point. Middlebrough were a good side, but we frustrated them in the first half and came closer to matching them in the second when either team could have scored. It would have been daylight robbery if we had nicked it, but it might have happened.

It was Pog's first game for ages, so his 60 minutes of effort wasn't a bad achievement. We were better without him though, and Blackman deserves a go at centre forward.

HRK again had a much better game than earlier in the season, and we should be able to hold on to him during this transfer window.

When did we sign Billy the Fish?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Jan 2015 20:28

Pog did fine.

He is clearly a little way off full match fitness, but put a real shift in for the time he was on the pitch.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 10 Jan 2015 20:33

RoyalBlue
Royality creeps In

NOT VERY GOOD

From what I remember
Tried to run about a bit

Can I suggest that you take off the blinkers and try watching the game properly. It is complete and utter bollox to suggest that Pog didn't win a header today. He won many (including a good flick on to Cox when he was sandwiched between two defenders). He also did well to out muscle a defender in the second half to send a header just wide of the goal.

You are clearly so biaised against Pog that, by making the ludicrous claim that he didn't win a header, you deprived yourself of the opportunity to slate him for the one he sent over the bar when well positioned in the first half!

Agree - I would say he won at least 5 (or maybe made 5). I remember discussing it with my seat mate. Given he's been out for so long I think he put in a good shift, maybe we need to wonder how 'injured' he was under the old manager ...

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Jan 2015 20:34

Handsome Man HRK again had a much better game than earlier in the season, and we should be able to hold on to him during this transfer window.

wtf ...... we need to pray someone is dumb enough to buy him

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 10 Jan 2015 20:42

RoyalBlue
Royality creeps In

NOT VERY GOOD

From what I remember
Tried to run about a bit

Why would I be biased (I think thats what you mean)

I have nothing personal against the guy. I Just think he is useless. Today did nothing to change my view.
Sorry if you disagree

Do you realise his last goal was against Newport County in the League Cup in August. Not bad for a centre forward.
But hey, apparently he won a header today Hurrah! :roll:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Jan 2015 20:45

Royality creeps In

NOT VERY GOOD

From what I remember
Tried to run about a bit

Just for clarification - THIS POST IS BOLLOCKS

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Jan 2015 20:46

Reading boro forums, they think they were poor lol!

Simbeat

by Simbeat » 10 Jan 2015 20:51

Obviously Feds but thought Gunter was excellent as well - really positive. Not convinced about Norwood - too lightweight - Guthrie was so much more effective when he came on.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 10 Jan 2015 20:52

Pog did what Murray has been doing - being the first line of defence, getting fouled by defenders with no protection from the referee, having virtually no service apart from balls pinged at him at 60 mph. The only really significant difference was when he got a decent chance of a header at goal it went a fair way over.

With a run in the team and playing against a less well organised defence (and most championship defences will be less well organised than Boro's) he could make a real impact on the season if he stays fit (and avoids the red card that seems to be hanging tantalisingly over his head every time he goes in for a tackle).

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 10 Jan 2015 20:58

'Boro being a far better side than us, and us playing at home in a little purple patch seemed to cancel each other out.

Feds - 10 - a number of ridiculous saves. MOTM
Gunter - 7 - got forward well in the second half. If only he could pick out a man in the middle once in a while when in the area
Hector - 5 - looked shaky, but all's well that ends well
Pearce - 6 - standard Pearce
Obita - 6 - needs to beat the first man from crosses more often
Mackie - 5 - quiet game I thought
Norwood - 5 - not his best game, very poor set pieces
Williams - 7 - very good second half
HRK - 5 - not really up to much
Cox - 7 - looked a threat, should have had a shot in the second half, but chose to pass
Pog - 6 - if ever there was a performance that typified Pog, it was probably today

Blackman - 6 - ran around a bit but very little service
Guthrie - 6 - better set pieces than Norwood
Karacan - N/A - can't really judge, but good to see him back putting pressure on Norwood and Williams

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Jan 2015 21:22

Thought HRK wasn't bad and Pog was quite good. Thought Boro were excellent tactically, completely nullifying our midfield for large parts of the game.

Pearce did enough that any other day he'd have been MOTM if it wasn't for Federici's sublime performance. Hector had a shocker (keeps letting the ball bounce).

Adomah was dangerous and really could have punished us if he'd stayed on his feet.

Referee was terrible. Thoroughly enjoyed 2 3rds of the north stand helping to count out 10 paces for him after he'd previously got bored at 7.
Last edited by Royal Ginger on 10 Jan 2015 21:25, edited 2 times in total.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 10 Jan 2015 21:23

Royality creeps In

NOT VERY GOOD

From what I remember
Tried to run about a bit

That says a lot more about you than about Pogrebnyak... and that's about it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Jan 2015 23:15

Really don't get the hate for Kanu, thought he was out most threatening attacking force today. Especially compared to the completely ineffectual Mackie. We really miss McCleary when he doesn't play.

Hector was imo simply atrocious. Consistently the wrong side of the attacker.

Signings needed

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Jan 2015 23:23

Kanu is normally a complete waste of space, thought today was one of his less shit performances though.