BFTG Middlesborough

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Middlesborough

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2015 23:52

Pleasing to hear Federici's got back to his best and is staying there.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Jan 2015 23:56

winchester_royal Really don't get the hate for Kanu, thought he was out most threatening attacking force today. Especially compared to the completely ineffectual Mackie. We really miss McCleary when he doesn't play.

Hector was imo simply atrocious. Consistently the wrong side of the attacker.

Signings needed

Hector just can't have an average game, I've only ever seen him brilliant or terrible. Perhaps it's a case of plenty of talent but not enough experience. I think he's got what it takes to be a very good Reading defender, just needs game time. Abject today though.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Jan 2015 23:56

We need pace, pace, pace!

No out and out attacking threat.

Striker, number 10 role, left winger a must!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Jan 2015 23:58

Ian Royal Pleasing to hear Federici's got back to his best and is staying there.

What's that my cynical side hears? Contract negotiation time coming up soon?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 11 Jan 2015 00:00

paultheroyal We need pace, pace, pace!

No out and out attacking threat.

Striker, number 10 role, left winger a must!

Interesting, I felt that we're ok on the number 10 front with Cox. I also had Mackie in my head as a number 10 when his loan started. Is that something I made up or has he had time there for Forest/QPR?
Last edited by Royal Ginger on 11 Jan 2015 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2015 00:01

Royal Ginger
winchester_royal Really don't get the hate for Kanu, thought he was out most threatening attacking force today. Especially compared to the completely ineffectual Mackie. We really miss McCleary when he doesn't play.

Signings needed

Hector just can't have an average game, I've only ever seen him brilliant or terrible. Perhaps it's a case of plenty of talent but not enough experience. I think he's got what it takes to be a very good Reading defender, just needs game time. Abject today though.

Dellor (who'd I'd give very little credence to) was saying that he thought Hector had got some stick from the crowd (not sure if he meant today or in the last game) for being no nonsense and it had got in his head and he'd started trying to be too clever again.

Which I'd agree can be his problem. He tries to nick things unnecessarily, tries over-ambitious diagonal balls and over-intricate short passes into trouble. When he's got his head in the right place and is making good decisions he's brilliant.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2015 00:03

Royal Ginger
Ian Royal Pleasing to hear Federici's got back to his best and is staying there.

What's that my cynical side hears? Contract negotiation time coming up soon?

I get the feeling Fed doesn't like being under pressure from other good goalies and it unsettles him, affecting his game. He's back to obvious No 1 and he's gradually got back to his best. Coincidence? Maybe.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Jan 2015 01:01

Signings needed

HRK gets a 1/10 after every game, regardless of performance, from the usual crowd on here.
I don't get it either but can't be arsed arguing with them.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Jan 2015 01:03

Ian Royal
Royal Ginger

Signings needed

Dellor (who'd I'd give very little credence to) was saying that he thought Hector had got some stick from the crowd (not sure if he meant today or in the last game) for being no nonsense and it had got in his head and he'd started trying to be too clever again.

Which I'd agree can be his problem. He tries to nick things unnecessarily, tries over-ambitious diagonal balls and over-intricate short passes into trouble. When he's got his head in the right place and is making good decisions he's brilliant.

Ironic choice of words given his number 1 flaw is judging the flight of the ball, and putting his head in the right place to connect with it!

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 11 Jan 2015 03:28

Here's that 'boro miss early in the game!! https://vine.co/v/OpVTxwLHzFX

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 11 Jan 2015 08:19

I sometimes wonder if I watch a different game to others especially in terms of HRK and Pog today. I thought HRK put I a real shift, constantly tracking his man and helping Obits out. I think people forget about this part of the game. Compare HRK to Mackie (who was way below average today -first half he was particularly bad) and HRK had the far better game. also thought Pog put in a real shift. I would criticise him for missing a free header in the second half, but as he didn't win a header all day we can let him off. We had to go long just by how high Boro pressed us

Thought Williams and Norwood weren't at their best today. Williams is at his best when he's driving at midfielders, I thought today he slowed the game down and got a bit in Norwoods way. Norwood just wasn't at the races, poor set pieces and didn't switch the play as well as he has before, and was very lucky not to be sent off, hence why he was replaced.

MOTM was Federici by a mile, best outfield players were Pearce and Gunter. Gunter was definitely better today and is getting closer to his winger and offers a great overlapping threat.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jan 2015 08:30

Gunts seems to have really worked on stopping crosses coming in as well. Only counted one cross from that side the whole game.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jan 2015 08:31

I was pretty impressed with Boro's back four, specially Friend.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 11 Jan 2015 09:00

Average ability, mid table championship players, reasonably well drilled and playing to a system that they understand and takes into account their individual ability. A massive step forward from where we were a month ago. We move on.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 11 Jan 2015 09:19

First half was dull, second was better. Took Boro a while to realise that we're not very good and were there for the taking and it's thanks to Fed that they weren't able to do that.
Thought Gunter and Pearce had decent games at the back with Gunter rescuing Hector on more than one occasion.
We all wondered what a midfield pairing of Norwood and Williams would look like and now we know - not that good. Far too lightweight and easily bullied.
Wasn't happy to see Pog get a start but he worked a bit harder than in recent appearances but, as ever, wasn't remotely threatening.
All in all, meh/10.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 11 Jan 2015 09:37

I think it's interesting how many differing viewpoints peeps have on the same game.

"Pog was shite, pog was good, sell hrk, hrk best attacker etc.......

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Jan 2015 09:48

poohs pure Average ability, mid table championship players, reasonably well drilled and playing to a system that they understand and takes into account their individual ability. A massive step forward from where we were a month ago. We move on.

Spot on

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 11 Jan 2015 09:56

Signings needed

I noticed this yesterday from the posh bloke beyond us. Is the scapegoat subtly shifting from HRK to Hector? The poor chap is probably a bloody good bloke and everything, but he is quite spectacularly bad at following the game in a loud and well enunciated voice and he is a very good barometer of the more stupid team board views.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 11 Jan 2015 10:34

paultheroyal
Royality creeps In
URZZZZZ Can anyone sum up pog today for me plz as was nit at the game, use 3 words to describe him

NOT VERY GOOD

From what I remember
Tried to run about a bit
I Don't think he won a header ( In fact I think the only one he ever did win was when he scored a corker at Chelsea away a few years ago?)
Tripped over his own feet (In front of the manager. He was subsequently subbed a short time after)

And...............Thats about it

Just for clarification - THIS POST IS BOLLOCKS

Just for your clarification

I expect that Pog returned to his playboy apartment in Central London and counted up his rubles in the arms of his model wife/lover, Quite content that he had conned the paying Reading public out of more hard earned cash.

Whilst you sat in your council flat with a can of brown ale dribbling over his mesmerising performance.

I think the LOLZ is on you sonny.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 11 Jan 2015 10:55

URZZZZZ Can anyone sum up pog today for me plz as was nit at the game, use 3 words to describe him

Uhm Baz Savage