Derby v Reading - Sponsored by Robbie Savage

233 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Derby v Reading - Sponsored by Robbie Savage

by winchester_royal » 14 Feb 2015 17:10

Mike Hunt Yakubu! He's only been on the pitch for a few minutes but the veteran has fired Reading ahead! He stays onside, has no real pace left any more but shows good strength to hold off the chasing defenders and firing in a low left-footed shot.
His first goal in England since May 2012 - for Blackburn against Chelsea. You never lose it.

:lol:

Tell ya what, when he eventually got up to full speed chasing a ball late on he looked pretty rapid tbh

Stunning finish too.

Hal with a lovely goal and a cracking assist, will he get some breathing room from the h8ers now? Hope so.

Gr8 gr8 gr8 win. Blackburn at home now please.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2015 17:10

Was expecting a pasting so only looked in in the last 5 minutes. LOLLY @ me.

Yak looked unbelievably unfit at the end, but still got some skills. Well taken goal as well. V good control and finish from Hal too. Not completely sold on the pen shout, he seemed to be turning into it and as it went past him hit his arm. Not surprised the ref didn't give it regardless though as he looked at the worst angle to be able to spot it.

Yay us. QF again. Been a pretty good decade or so for us and the cup.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Feb 2015 17:12

Royal Ginger
Man Friday
Ascotexgunner No discussion , we all said handball.

You're thinking of debate. What feckin' page was the discussion?

Page 3

Cheers! (I did eventually find it - I was looking before the sending-off :oops: :lol: :roll: )

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 14 Feb 2015 17:16

winchester_royal
Mike Hunt Yakubu! He's only been on the pitch for a few minutes but the veteran has fired Reading ahead! He stays onside, has no real pace left any more but shows good strength to hold off the chasing defenders and firing in a low left-footed shot.
His first goal in England since May 2012 - for Blackburn against Chelsea. You never lose it.

:lol:

Tell ya what, when he eventually got up to full speed chasing a ball late on he looked pretty rapid tbh

Stunning finish too.

Hal with a lovely goal and a cracking assist, will he get some breathing room from the h8ers now? Hope so.

Gr8 gr8 gr8 win. Blackburn at home now please.

+1 Hal had a great game, scored and fed the Yak to score another.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 14 Feb 2015 17:34

Derby County fan's view just before the match - "..we can put the reserves out and likely still win this one at a canter. "

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 14 Feb 2015 17:36

Come on you oxf*rd rz!

siforest65

by siforest65 » 14 Feb 2015 17:43

marlowuk Derby County fan's view just before the match - "..we can put the reserves out and likely still win this one at a canter. "

That attitude is exactly why I'm chuffed to bits you won (oh and the fact I hate Derby :mrgreen: )

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Feb 2015 18:00

Yeah, but the many of us (me included) agreed with them. The team they played still had more than enough quality to win even with 10 men. It's just that old cliche "we wanted it more".

Appreciate the well wishes though! Shame about Assombalonga.

siforest65

by siforest65 » 14 Feb 2015 18:16

Royal Ginger Yeah, but the many of us (me included) agreed with them. The team they played still had more than enough quality to win even with 10 men. It's just that old cliche "we wanted it more".

Appreciate the well wishes though! Shame about Assombalonga.

Your win today reminded me of ours in January. They were confident and underestimated you massively. Apparently after the draw some of their fans were plotting their route to the final.

Looking forward to seeing Forest down here in 2 weeks. I'm hoping it will be an entertaining game, at the moment both Forest and Reading seem very unpredictable. Play-offs are certainly out of reach for us and it's just a case of keeping plodding to not get sucked into a relegation battle.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Feb 2015 18:18

Home games are so much better now we have the Good Old Boy beer wagon.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Feb 2015 18:34

marlowuk Derby County fan's view just before the match - "..we can put the reserves out and likely still win this one at a canter. "

Derby fans have always been "big time" lol! Probably gave it the big un down at Bournemouth in midweek too.

Expect lots of comments along the lines of we shouldn't lose to teams like Reading, they were robbed, the Warnock two yellows were harsh, and then finally resorting to calling it a Mickey Mouse cup, concentrate on the league and our away support being crap.

You're Bard

by You're Bard » 14 Feb 2015 18:41

Yes, yes, yes, yes...just seen the result...never seen us win at Derby....maybe we'll get more than 30 secs on 5 live after this.

The weekend just got a whole lot better!

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 15 Feb 2015 10:29

Emmer Green Royal Reading crowd nice and loud on TV.

Yes - exceptional this afternoon - well done to everyone who sang their hearts out.

233 posts