Chants about the fire?

186 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Chants about the fire?

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Mar 2015 11:53

so here is the alleged racist comment https://vine.co/v/OVdqI2EuZOA i think its the bloke in the red say coon? maybe... allegedly....

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 18 Mar 2015 12:22

WoodleyRoyal so here is the alleged racist comment https://vine.co/v/OVdqI2EuZOA i think its the bloke in the red say coon? maybe... allegedly....

Just been reading there forums - it's aooarently the guy in black changes from saying fcking W**** to N*** stops at the w and changes

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 18 Mar 2015 12:47

LWJ
Norfolk Royal
LWJ Wtf has head patting got to do with the fire? Why don't you explain as nobody here seems to have a clue...

Lots of people who were on fire ran onto the pitch and were trying to smother the flames by patting themselves on the head or other parts of the body, helped by other people. :roll:

:| I'm not sure many people knew that would ever be a reference. Do they think Cardiff take the piss out of them every game?

Thanks Norfolk Royal.

Nope. The Cardiff fans are quite obviously doing the Ayatollah salute that they've done for years. They have very little reason to taunt a set of fans who they have no rivalry with from 230 miles away when not playing them. I can judge context and am perfectly aware that of what the Cardiff fans are both doing and their intentions.

To give you a little background. The 'head pat' was popularised by our ever so friendly neighbours, Leeds, often accompanied by a rather charming song called 'my head is on fire' and has been used by other neanderthals down the years although the frequency of it has dropped significantly but people who associate in certain circles (think Danny Dyer) still know the implications,

I'm 100% certain that the fire drill chant was completely innocent and I'm willing to give that lad the benefit of the doubt that he's mocking some bald lad in our stand but in the back of my mind I can't say I'm 100% sure.
Last edited by The Bantam Menace on 18 Mar 2015 13:09, edited 2 times in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Mar 2015 12:52

The Bantam Menace
I'm 100% certain that the fire drill chant was completely innocent and I'm willing to give that lad the benefit of the doubt that he's mocking some bald lad in our stand but in the back of my mind I can't say I'm 100% sure.

Have you reconsidered your thoughts about the coin and bottling throwing at players, stewards and the ref ? It was happening way before the police put in an appearance and seems to have got lost amongst the uncertainty over the precise nature of words and gestures.
I do 100% condemn any deliberate fire related songs or actions, and any unintended or inadvertent offence is also much regretted.

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 18 Mar 2015 12:55

Nameless Have you reconsidered your thoughts about the coin and bottling throwing at players, stewards and the ref ? It was happening way before the police put in an appearance and seems to have got lost amongst the uncertainty over the precise nature of words and gestures.
I do 100% condemn any deliberate fire related songs or actions, and any unintended or inadvertent offence is also much regretted.

I don't really need to reconsider, the previous statement was clearly tongue in cheek.

The coin and bottle throwers are idiots and if anybody is proven to have chucked an item at anybody else I hope they get a long old ban. Same with the idiot who abused your winger.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 18 Mar 2015 12:59

The Bantam Menace Thanks Norfolk Royal.

Nope. The Cardiff fans are quite obviously doing the Ayatollah salute that they've done for years. They have very little reason to taunt a set of fans who they have no rivalry with from 230 miles away when not playing them. I can judge context and am perfectly aware that what the Cardiff fans have

To give you a little background. The 'head pat' was popularised by our every so friendly neighbours Leeds, often accompanied by a rather charming song called 'my head is on fire' and has been used by other neanderthals down the years although the frequency of it has dropped significantly down the years but people who associate in certain circles (think Danny Dyer) still know the implications,

Apologies if I'm just naive - I've personally never heard of either of those things (I am only 21 though) and obviously would never condone it. Sounds typical of something Leeds fans would sing though, Scum.

Just very unlikely that our fans would lower down to that level, we are at the end of the day, rather posh you see.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Mar 2015 13:01

There is no point arguing about it. Plenty of evidence out there that the Police are looking at.

I don't think you can prove either way that 'patting' of the head is rel8ed to the Bradford City fire - unless it's backed up with something verbal from the chap who did it. He could just plead he didn't know.

Nobby

by Nobby » 18 Mar 2015 13:35

While everyone gets indignant about whose yobs were the worst, I remember that during the Bradford fire their fans were singing and jumping about on the pitch while other people were dying.

Neither club has exclusivity on morons. We all have them.

They turn up for games Monday's but there won't be many of them for the next home match against Cardiff. They won't fancy taking their lot on.

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 18 Mar 2015 13:55

Nobby While everyone gets indignant about whose yobs were the worst, I remember that during the Bradford fire their fans were singing and jumping about on the pitch while other people were dying.

To be fair Nobby, at the time the people on the pitch believed that everybody had got out.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 18 Mar 2015 14:03

The Bantam Menace
Nobby While everyone gets indignant about whose yobs were the worst, I remember that during the Bradford fire their fans were singing and jumping about on the pitch while other people were dying.

To be fair Nobby, at the time the people on the pitch believed that everybody had got out.

Understandably. I'm sure nobody did it with the knowledge of what was going on.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Mar 2015 14:53

There was a fire at Elm Park once vs Notts County. The burger kiosk caught on fire in the North Stand, everyone was evacuated on to the pitch whilst it was put out. I said hello to Steve Cherry.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Mar 2015 15:21

No Fixed Abode There was a fire at Elm Park once vs Notts County. The burger kiosk caught on fire in the North Stand, everyone was evacuated on to the pitch whilst it was put out. I said hello to Steve Cherry.

It was a pipe in an old fellas pocket.....

I remember being stood by the penalty area next to Shaka thinking how big* he was

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Mar 2015 15:24

TBM
No Fixed Abode There was a fire at Elm Park once vs Notts County. The burger kiosk caught on fire in the North Stand, everyone was evacuated on to the pitch whilst it was put out. I said hello to Steve Cherry.

I remember being stood by the penalty area next to Shaka thinking how big* he was

I stand corrected. I actually have some photo's of this somewhere.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Mar 2015 15:27

Stuart Lovell pulled his hamstring after the restart, possibly due to the prolonged break in play

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 18 Mar 2015 15:32

#justiceforlovell

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Mar 2015 15:35

No Fixed Abode
TBM

I stand corrected. I actually have some photo's of this somewhere.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Mar 2015 16:16

Two charged in connection with offences at football match – Reading

Wednesday 18 March 2015, 10:52am
Thames Valley Police has charged two people in connection with offences at a football match in Reading on Monday (16/3).

Charlie Sumner, aged 20, of Grays Crescent in Woodley, Wokingham, was charged yesterday (17/3) with one count of going onto playing area at a football match (Football Offences Act 1991).

He has been bailed to appear at Reading Magistrates’ Court on 1 April.

The charge relates to an incident at Madejski Stadium in Reading on Monday (16/3).

Craig Safranauskas, aged 27, of Alincote Street, Keighley, Bradford, was charged yesterday (17/3) with one count of being drunk and disorderly.

He has been bailed to appear at Reading Magistrates’ Court on 1 April.

The charge relates to an offence at Madejski Stadium in Reading on Monday (16/3).

CP

Notes for editors:
A 36-year-old man from Bradford was arrested on suspicion of indecent/ racial chanting at a designated football match (Football Offences Act 1991) and has been bailed until 16 April. An 18-year-old man from Bradford was arrested on suspicion of ‘sporting event – possess firework while trying to enter designated sports ground’ and given a caution. A 24-year-old man from Bradford was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled drug of Class A – other and bailed until 16 April.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Mar 2015 16:21

I reckon the least we can do is start a fighting fund so Pudding can mount a decent defence.
Maybe he could come to the next HNA curry night and entertain us with a few flips ?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 18 Mar 2015 16:27

Talk on FB of sponsoring any court fines he gets

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Mar 2015 16:30

LWJ Talk on FB of sponsoring any court fines he gets

Why? He broke the law. :|

186 posts