Chants about the fire?

186 posts
LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Chants about the fire?

by LWJ » 17 Mar 2015 09:39

Anyone hear this? Bradford fans seem to think we did..

I'd be looking closer to home mate.

The behaviour of your fans was disgraceful last night.
Chants about the fire, waving lighters and throwing a flare into the away end at full time. Not to mention the pitch invasion. I know quite a few City fans having taken video footage and will be complaining to your club and the FA.

Then you've got the cheek to come on here and have a go at us for something that is highly debateable as to whether it even happened or not

The city fan wasn't removed from the ground so if a racist mark had been said why didn't the stewards intervene. The only think city fans did wrong was the 3/4 bottles thrown on to the pitch which the ref removed and yes I expect a fine for that but I can't see your comments condemning the flares at the end and Reading fans goading city fans and pushing city players as they attempted to applaud the city Faithful. And one final point I gather you didn't hear the Reading chants regarding the city fire no I didn't think so Good Luck in the semis you will need it but don't play the racist card when your own set of fans sing about disasters where people lost life's complete moron you are

https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/arre ... 175/page-2

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Chants about the fire?

by Big Foot » 17 Mar 2015 09:44

Chants of "is this a fire drill" when many Bradford fans left at 3-0 down might have something to do with it

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 Mar 2015 09:45

No chants about fire from Y26. Ohh what BF said, but that's a nationwide chant.
Last edited by Geekins on 17 Mar 2015 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 17 Mar 2015 09:46

Geekins No chants about fire from Y26.

See above m8 - and I was in Y26

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 Mar 2015 09:46

See my edit gr8 m8 :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Mar 2015 09:47

Big Foot Chants of "is this a fire drill" when many Bradford fans left at 3-0 down might have something to do with it

If that's it then a huge exaggeration, however, chanting "We can see you sneaking out" might have had a bit more tact. Not gonna defend the mongs on the pitch though.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Mar 2015 09:47

I did hear a pissed up fan shouting
"Brentford, Brentford what's the score, Brentford what's the score".
His mate said to him - "It's Bradford"
Oh
"Bradford, Bradford what's the score, Bradford what's the score"
:lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Mar 2015 09:51

There was a lot more than a few bottles coming from the Bradford end. Spoke to a steward who said he made more picking up coins that were being thrown than he did in wages. Tax free as well.
Can't say I heard any fire related chants. The 'fire drill' one might have been misunderstood, it certainly would not have been an intentional reference.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Mar 2015 09:52

Find it very hard to believe Reading fans would sing about the Bradford fire - not heard anything like that from them in 25 years of going to games.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 17 Mar 2015 09:53

In Y25 I don't recall hearing any chants of 'Is there a fire drill' to be honest.. If there was then it was probably refering to a few of their fans leaving and wouldn't be intended offensively.

The flare in our end when the third goal went in was kept in our end and not done to provoke or insult so see no problem with that

Throwing the flare into their end at the end was disgusting. Absolutely no need and it's exactly that why people are against pyro, stupid behaviour. But what can you expect from a bunch of 13 year olds out on a school night.

Their fans were throwing coins and bottles at our players for the majority of the second half, and then continued to do so when our fans invaded the pitch at the end (not that they should of been on there in the first place)

Que Sera Sera....

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 Mar 2015 09:55

Claiming we were holding up lighters as well :lol: Think they are on the wind up

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 17 Mar 2015 09:59

LWJ Claiming we were holding up lighters as well :lol: Think they are on the wind up

Stand at the back of Y25 so have a good view of the whole of Y25/26 and did not see this, and highly doubt we'd ever do anything like that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Mar 2015 10:03

LWJ Anyone hear this? Bradford fans seem to think we did..

I'd be looking closer to home mate.

The behaviour of your fans was disgraceful last night.
Chants about the fire, waving lighters and throwing a flare into the away end at full time. Not to mention the pitch invasion. I know quite a few City fans having taken video footage and will be complaining to your club and the FA.

Then you've got the cheek to come on here and have a go at us for something that is highly debateable as to whether it even happened or not
If they did film it then they should complain to the FA and the club, idiots like that deserve to face the consequences, particularly the person who threw the smoke bomb into the away fans.

However, the chant of "Is there's a fire drill" gets sung every week at fans leaving early, so I'd like to think it was sung for those reasons alone and whilst maybe insensitive, was not meant to offend..... maybe they've never heard it before? Like the Palace fans who complained our "sh1t on the floor" chant at one of their players who was pretending to be injured was a racially motivated chant due to the players skin colour, rather than because he was sh1t :roll:

The city fan wasn't removed from the ground so if a racist mark had been said why didn't the stewards intervene. The only think city fans did wrong was the 3/4 bottles thrown on to the pitch which the ref removed and yes I expect a fine for that but I can't see your comments condemning the flares at the end and Reading fans goading city fans and pushing city players as they attempted to applaud the city Faithful. And one final point I gather you didn't hear the Reading chants regarding the city fire no I didn't think so Good Luck in the semis you will need it but don't play the racist card when your own set of fans sing about disasters where people lost life's complete moron you are

https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/arre ... 175/page-2
It's standard practice at Reading to arrest fans at half time/throw them out for this kind of thing rather than eject them during the game and cause a kerfuffle. The same thing happened to some Reading fans a few weeks ago, however their crime was to swear and the club apologised. I saw the incident and something was definitely said that McCleary and the Linesman heard. The linesman then reported it to someone in the dugout and pointed at the offender. There's a photo on Twitter too, if you want to identify the culprit.

The bottle throwing - that did happen, then something smaller and harder was thrown at the ref as he picked them up, possibly a coin. I don't know if that was spotted on tv. Then when the idiots were on the pitch goading the Bradford fans they threw a few more bottles, sadly they missed the targets. If I had a bottle I myself might have tried throwing it at the idiot schoolkids taking selfies in front of the Bradford fans and police.

I didn't hear any chants about the Bradford City fire, I'm old enough to remember watching it and would not condone such a thing, However if it did happen report it and try and remember which area of the ground it came from.

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 17 Mar 2015 10:05

Heard the "fire drill" chant. Didn't associate it with the Bradford fire at all until someone mentioned it.

Saw no one holding lighters up.

Saw the flare in our end when we were 3-0 up which isn't really an issue for me, and would be surprised if anyone is genuinely offended by it.

Seen the video of the flare being thrown which is obviously stupid.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2015 10:08

That guy in the red jacket was screaming at McLeary/linesman/fans for about five mins. Then I saw the lino have a word with the fourth official, who then called the stewards over. Sounds like it was actually the guy behind him that shouted the racial abuse though.

No way did our fans sing anything about the fire. But it did make me laugh all the kids giving it the biggun to the Bradford fans when they had a wall of riot police in between them. They'd have shat themselves if any of the Bradford fans had've got through.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 Mar 2015 10:10

Link?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Mar 2015 10:11

LWJ Claiming we were holding up lighters as well :lol: Think they are on the wind up

There were a few camera flashes/lights in the East Stand where the tourists posing as Reading fans were taking souvineer photos of their big day out to a football match.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Mar 2015 10:14

Geekins Link?

Video of the racist chanter http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31917834

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2015 10:17

Bradford are just bitter that they lost in their cup final.

Lets move on, forget about them - they won't be in our division next season, not playing football like that anyway. Men against boys last night

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 10:44

Spirit, tenacity, and errr, a flare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vlZnxy ... youtu.be&a

186 posts