Fran Kirby

322 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Fran Kirby

by RoyalBlue » 23 May 2015 13:09

FAO The ignorant cynical merchant bankers on this thread; very nearly 900 fans at the game, which is an awful lot of "offspring, husbands and boyfriends".

Those who did attend also saw some extremely good and entertaining football, far better than the turgid shyte that 'graced' the pitch during the last men's season. This resulted in a very comprehensive 3-0 win, against another previously unbeaten team, to take The Royals Women back to the top of the FAWSL2 table.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 May 2015 13:14

They're just winding you up RB.

I refuse to believe such obvious displays of ignorant misoginy are expressed with tongue anywhere other than firmly embedded in cheek.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 May 2015 14:30

Actually, it's a bit of both. Winding up RB is predictably easy, but the quality of the ladies' game is still utter tosh.

I mean just look at the latest highlights on the RW website:

http://reading.fawsl.com/latestVideos.html#KwCYuR2TaOld3yQu.97

You can watch stuff like that down King's Meadow on a Sunday morning.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 May 2015 15:59

Platypuss Actually, it's a bit of both. Winding up RB is predictably easy, but the quality of the ladies' game is still utter tosh.

Ow, those highlights do the ladies no favours. Awful goalkeeping, terrible defending, little skill, no pace, even the shots that went in were either speculative punts in the air or weak.
I'm sure a package could be put together showing ,the men in similar poor light of course.
I'll make my usual point that. Women's football is a different sport to men's, and comparisons are pointless. Those who enjoy the women's game are fully entitled to do so but there's not a lot to make me want to switch from the men's game. Will be interesting to see how the WC goes.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 May 2015 10:25

I'm sure a package could be put together showing ,the men in similar poor light of course.

but this package is put together with the express intention of making it look good. that's a big difference

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 May 2015 12:44

Melonhead this package is put together with the express intention of making it look good. that's a big difference

:lol:

The Girls World Cup starts soon, apparently. So RFC social media can spam us with updates on that in lieu of any positive news from the football club.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 May 2015 20:22

Durham 0 Reading 5

Well done girlies

The momentum builds

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 May 2015 21:17

Watched the Eng-Canada friendly game. England absolutely shocking. Frank touched it once I think.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 May 2015 21:28

and....

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jun 2015 09:53

Picked up and leafed through the Panini album for the wimmin's world cup in Modells the other day and our Fran wasn't one of the England players represented

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jun 2015 10:25

Yes that's right the women now have their very own sticker collection*.... in the shops now.

* other sticker collections are available.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 02 Jun 2015 11:03

Looking at the fixture list on the WSL2 website, it appears they play an odd number of games? Playing some sides three times (including the London Bees twice at home in consecutive matches/weeks).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jun 2015 15:54

AthleticoSpizz Durham 0 Reading 5

Well done girlies

The momentum builds

Watching the performance of our keeper in the Yeovil highlights, I can only assume Durham must be a team from a blind school or something.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Jun 2015 16:12

Brum Royal Looking at the fixture list on the WSL2 website, it appears they play an odd number of games? Playing some sides three times (including the London Bees twice at home in consecutive matches/weeks).

Some of those are cup matches, in the league they play each team home and away...

...closer each day.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jun 2015 16:26

Just hope the sad old myopic dinosaurs on here enjoy watching the turgid shyte that Clarke's teams dish up. I guess they must do, since they are (wrongly) so dismissive towards females playing the game. Every game I have seen the women play this season has been far better and more entertaining than virtually all of those produced by the men's team last season.

And what a stroke of genius to add 'k' to turn Fran into Frank!

I guess the goal the Canadian player scored was a fluke or perhaps the goals were bigger or something else like that! I doubt any of the experts on here criticising the women players could have produced a similar finish, no matter how many times they tried.

Indeed I wonder what level these bigots ever managed to play at? (XBox360? School 2nd team? pub Sunday team?). I suspect the Reading Ladies could have run rings around them and made them look like donkeys with the touch of the proverbial, even when (if) they were ever fit and playing football at some stage in their lives.

Fortunately the majority of decent level male footballers that I know pay their female counterparts the respect they deserve.

Platypuss Actually, it's a bit of both. Winding up RB is predictably easy, but the quality of the ladies' game is still utter tosh.

Yep, I guess so, if you pick the one game they lost and when they didn't play well (mind you would have to search a long time to find a men's game this season when they won, let alone played well!).

If you can lever your backside out of your armchair, how about you turn up and participate in a Reading FC Women's training session? I reckon it can be arranged and I know the girls would appreciate a good laugh before kicking your *rse.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 02 Jun 2015 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 02 Jun 2015 16:35

tidus_mi2
Brum Royal Looking at the fixture list on the WSL2 website, it appears they play an odd number of games? Playing some sides three times (including the London Bees twice at home in consecutive matches/weeks).

Some of those are cup matches, in the league they play each team home and away...

...closer each day.

I see. It makes sense, but it's not overly obvious on that website/fixture list which didn't seem to distinguish between a league and cup fixture.

I may try and get to the Villa away game in October as the club looks to be going well, could be a crucial match too being the last one of the season.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jun 2015 17:58

RoyalBlue Just hope the sad old myopic dinosaurs on here enjoy watching the turgid shyte that Clarke's teams dish up. I guess they must do, since they are (wrongly) so dismissive towards females playing the game. Every game I have seen the women play this season has been far better and more entertaining than virtually all of those produced by the men's team last season.

And what a stroke of genius to add 'k' to turn Fran into Frank!

I guess the goal the Canadian player scored was a fluke or perhaps the goals were bigger or something else like that! I doubt any of the experts on here criticising the women players could have produced a similar finish, no matter how many times they tried.

Indeed I wonder what level these bigots ever managed to play at? (XBox360? School 2nd team? pub Sunday team?). I suspect the Reading Ladies could have run rings around them and made them look like donkeys with the touch of the proverbial, even when (if) they were ever fit and playing football at some stage in their lives.

Fortunately the majority of decent level male footballers that I know pay their female counterparts the respect they deserve.

Yep, I guess so, if you pick the one game they lost and when they didn't play well (mind you would have to search a long time to find a men's game this season when they won, let alone played well!).

If you can lever your backside out of your armchair, how about you turn up and participate in a Reading FC Women's training session? I reckon it can be arranged and I know the girls would appreciate a good laugh before kicking your *rse.
Whatever it is or isn't, it's better than the nothing that we have right now.

(cue the "it's better than what we've had for months" wit)

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 02 Jun 2015 20:48

RoyalBlue, female football is of relatively poor quality. I'm not sure how anyone could argue against that.

Show me the best of female football highlight reel. I'm open to having my opinion changed.

Have there been (reasonably) competitive matches of men v woman. What level mens team has the best female team beaten? Just looking for evidence. Get a gauge on what comparable level it is. No anecdotal bullshit either that you've just made up i.e. 'they had to protect the mens team'

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Jun 2015 20:52

Brosef Stalin RoyalBlue, female football is of relatively poor quality. I'm not sure how anyone could argue against that.

Show me the best of female football highlight reel. I'm open to having my opinion changed.

Have there been (reasonably) competitive matches of men v woman. What level mens team has the best female team beaten? Just looking for evidence. Get a gauge on what comparable level it is. No anecdotal bullshit either that you've just made up i.e. 'they had to protect the mens team'

quite a few were surprised by the standard in the Olympics, and the world cup games should be reasonable too.

Reading, of course, play in the 2nd tier of the game here, and the standard really doesn't compare.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 02 Jun 2015 23:01

RoyalBlue, I haven't ever seen an actual tampon (metaphors aside) hit the deck in a men's game.

322 posts