FA CUP JOURNEY.

133 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FA CUP JOURNEY.

by sandman » 21 Mar 2015 17:58

SOUTHSAXON
Moonfish Hi Rory,

Do you secretly wish Millwall had knocked Bradford out, and saved you many miles on your FA cup journey, or has it all been worth it to witness such a special cup run?

Hopefully, now we've picked up the mantel from them, we can take you all the way to the final where in true cup fashion the underdog will have its day.

Welcome aboard.

I would not have swapped the route i have had tbh,its been one of my most rewarding seasons since watching football and there have been 45 of those. Good to be aboard although its felt like a few on here have had me walking the plank since arriving. An underdog win in the final would be a cracking end to a great journey.

Here's hoping Blackburn can win it for you.

You're Bard

by You're Bard » 21 Mar 2015 18:11

Rory,

You know we love you. But isn't it better to have your mettle tested rather than for everyone just to say how great you are?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 21 Mar 2015 19:02

We're only playing Rory.

Not many join HNA? without a roasting. If we'd got +1s with out STs I genuinely might have sorted you out but now it's one ticket per member you'll do well to notch one. Good luck.

SOUTHSAXON

by SOUTHSAXON » 21 Mar 2015 19:29

TFF We're only playing Rory.

Not many join HNA? without a roasting. If we'd got +1s with out STs I genuinely might have sorted you out but now it's one ticket per member you'll do well to notch one. Good luck.

#

Sounds like its going to be a near impossible task to get a semi ticket but life would be no fun if it was easy!

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 21 Mar 2015 20:18

If you haven't already done so it may be worth introducing yourself on our rival forum; Royals Rendezvous.

I don't spend any time on there myself, this place is far more fun, but they pride themselves on being welcoming and is probably a bit friendlier (much like Claret & Banter), so the chance of scoring a ticket, albeit that wasn't your main aim, may be higher.

That being said you should definitely stick around on here. Question for you, after this refreshing season following the FA Cup, will you be going back to your season ticket at the Amex next year, or does another challenge await?

SOUTHSAXON

by SOUTHSAXON » 21 Mar 2015 21:27

Moonfish If you haven't already done so it may be worth introducing yourself on our rival forum; Royals Rendezvous.

I don't spend any time on there myself, this place is far more fun, but they pride themselves on being welcoming and is probably a bit friendlier (much like Claret & Banter), so the chance of scoring a ticket, albeit that wasn't your main aim, may be higher.

That being said you should definitely stick around on here. Question for you, after this refreshing season following the FA Cup, will you be going back to your season ticket at the Amex next year, or does another challenge await?

Thanks for the advice will try the RR route,not sure about the amex season ticket next season. I have been following one of my non league sides that i followed in the cup.Burgess Hill town who have had a fantastic season and only lost their first league game this week.
Looks like i might stay watching non league next season. Its taken alot of time and cash following the fa cup this season and not sure i could get away with doing another similar challenge just yet.
Cheers rory

SOUTHSAXON

by SOUTHSAXON » 30 Mar 2015 11:32

Moonfish If you haven't already done so it may be worth introducing yourself on our rival forum; Royals Rendezvous.

Been thinking about going to league teams that i have not visited before this would amount to roughly 25 visits and would take me up to 99/100 that includes previous visit to ex league teams in the non league football now. Most teams are up north as alot of my football travels in the past were repeat visits to southern/midland clubs.
Would be nice to round it up next season. :D Looks like this years journey might fall short with tickets to the semi final not that freely available. Have my fingers crossed but nothing certain.
Cheers rory

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 30 Mar 2015 12:00

Hows your ticket situation looking?

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 30 Mar 2015 12:06

SOUTHSAXON

Been thinking about going to league teams that i have not visited before this would amount to roughly 25 visits and would take me up to 99/100 that includes previous visit to ex league teams in the non league football now. Most teams are up north as alot of my football travels in the past were repeat visits to southern/midland clubs.
Would be nice to round it up next season. :D Looks like this years journey might fall short with tickets to the semi final not that freely available. Have my fingers crossed but nothing certain.
Cheers rory

If you still need a ticket I have one member card available with 80 points on it. If you need a single seat I can get you one today. Would be a shame to end your journey before Wembley.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Mar 2015 12:07

Good man

SOUTHSAXON

by SOUTHSAXON » 30 Mar 2015 12:15

UpThePrem
SOUTHSAXON

Cheers rory

If you still need a ticket I have one member card available with 80 points on it. If you need a single seat I can get you one today. Would be a shame to end your journey before Wembley.

That would be fantastic! So yes!

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 30 Mar 2015 12:24

SOUTHSAXON
UpThePrem

You have a PM

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 30 Mar 2015 13:16

SOUTHSAXON
UpThePrem
SOUTHSAXON
Cheers rory

You have a seat :D :D Block 510 yellow. another PM sent.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 30 Mar 2015 13:53

Respect for that.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 30 Mar 2015 13:54

Yeah, I'm pleased to see you've got it sorted out.

SOUTHSAXON

by SOUTHSAXON » 30 Mar 2015 13:56

UpThePrem is a star! Many thanks!

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 30 Mar 2015 17:58

You have to support Reading on the day though :D

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 30 Mar 2015 18:06

Glad I could do my good deed for the day. Also got one for JAS1984 but he's in the front rows of the singing section behind the goal. Look forward to possibly meeting you both there on the day.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 30 Mar 2015 18:21

Top man UpThePrem!

SOUTHSAXON

by SOUTHSAXON » 30 Mar 2015 18:40

UpThePrem Glad I could do my good deed for the day. Also got one for JAS1984 but he's in the front rows of the singing section behind the goal. Look forward to possibly meeting you both there on the day.

Top man! I'm sure we could manage to locate a public house for a meet up on the day :shock:

133 posts