84%
No
16%

Total votes: 90
Lacoste

Re: Steve Clake - New Poll

by Lacoste » 07 Apr 2015 21:23

windermere_royal
Lacoste I'm enjoying watching Villa tonight on TV. Now there's a team rejuvenated under their new manager and they're really playing for him

Then again, he has given them some form of direction unlike our joke of a manager.

I cant see that game anywhere on my TV

I live abroad.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 07 Apr 2015 21:52

Being many thousands of miles away from the delights of The Ding, I haven't been able to see us play apart from the televise FA Cup games, but results are just as bad if not worse since Clarke took over. In all honesty, I fear he is a dog shit manager.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 21:58

Big Ern Being many thousands of miles away from the delights of The Ding, I haven't been able to see us play apart from the televise FA Cup games, but results are just as bad if not worse since Clarke took over. In all honesty, I fear he is a dog shit manager.

If you watched us play you would see we are better at the back & are creating more opportunities. We really are. Keep the faith.

Under Adkins we'd be getting beaten by 3 or more goals each week....let's not forget how bad it got.

I still have faith in Clarke.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2015 22:03

MmmMonsterMunch
Big Ern Being many thousands of miles away from the delights of The Ding, I haven't been able to see us play apart from the televise FA Cup games, but results are just as bad if not worse since Clarke took over. In all honesty, I fear he is a dog shit manager.

If you watched us play you would see we are better at the back & are creating more opportunities. We really are. Keep the faith.

Under Adkins we'd be getting beaten by 3 or more goals each week....let's not forget how bad it got.

We definitely got better at the back. I'm not so sure about now. I don't really think we were creating many more chances. We looked more confident at together. Again, I'm not really sure that's still the case.

WTF Clarke thinks he's doing pissing around with the starting 11 all the time I have no idea.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 07 Apr 2015 22:11

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch

We definitely got better at the back. I'm not so sure about now. I don't really think we were creating many more chances. We looked more confident at together. Again, I'm not really sure that's still the case.

WTF Clarke thinks he's doing pissing around with the starting 11 all the time I have no idea.

Keeping players fresh / uninjured for the Cup whilst also doing the minimum to keep us up I would say. Look forward to a big clearout in the summer, anyone OOC / expensive will go - although in fairness most of those have been sorted out already. Feels like Clarke has been more ruthless there than Adkins was (in combination with the Board I guess).

I can see Pog staying (unless he gets a good offer) - he's been a much better player under Clarke than Adkins.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 22:13

The problem you also have is that Clarke is having to deal with the tail end of a season where players have switched off because there's nothing to play for.

That's never been the case for us in this division until this season and I'd imagine it's a tricky situation to manage.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 07 Apr 2015 22:16

I fear he is dogshit also.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the cup semi he'd be I a world of trouble now.

Next season will be worse with this clown in charge. He has never done anything as manager and has always had the look of an assistant trying his luck. Results so far prove this.

People moan about this squad but most managers worth their salt would get a tune out of it.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 07 Apr 2015 22:18

MmmMonsterMunch The problem you also have is that Clarke is having to deal with the tail end of a season where players have switched off because there's nothing to play for.

That's never been the case for us in this division until this season and I'd imagine it's a tricky situation to manage.

Yes I agree, in December when he was appointed, the players had switched off :lol:

Excuses, a load of bollox excuses.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2015 22:20

I fear - and do you know what, I'll call it here and now and let you all delight in laughing at me later - we'll go down next season without major positive changes of coaching or playing staff.

Ouch, my knee just jerked into the desk.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 22:20

Lacoste I fear he is dogshit also.

Next season will be worse with this clown in charge. He has never done anything as manager and has always had the look of an assistant trying his luck. Results so far prove this.

People moan about this squad but most managers worth their salt would get a tune out of it.

If we'd had Clarke in Aug, this season could have been a lot better IMO. They are just going through the motions & planning their summer holidays / trying to find a new club now. Onwards & upwards.

Hector, Pog, Mackie & Pearce to name a few all look better under Clarke.

We need to give him until Xmas before we start jumping on his back IMO.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2015 22:22

to balance though mmmm Cox and Norwood look far worse, and Hector only looks better because he's gained experience from playing.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 22:25

Lacoste
MmmMonsterMunch The problem you also have is that Clarke is having to deal with the tail end of a season where players have switched off because there's nothing to play for.

Yes I agree, in December when he was appointed, the players had switched off :lol:

Excuses, a load of bollox excuses.

That's not what I've said though is it? As the season has progressed, it's become clear to players & fans alike we are just treading water. That will have an effect on results whether you like it or not.

The fact they can get their sh1t together for cup games proves exactly that.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 22:27

Ian Royal to balance though mmmm Cox and Norwood look far worse, and Hector only looks better because he's gained experience from playing.

Mackie > Cox
Chalobah / Ake > Norwood

I trust Clarke's judgement on that 100%. I don't really get why we signed Cox again TBH. Would happily let him go elsewhere.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2015 22:29

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal to balance though mmmm Cox and Norwood look far worse, and Hector only looks better because he's gained experience from playing.

Mackie > Cox
Chalobah / Ake > Norwood

I trust Clarke's judgement on that 100%. I don't really get why we signed Cox again TBH. Would happily let him go elsewhere.

we'd be 8 goals worse off without him, Mackie wasn't fit earlier in the season and Chalobah wasn't available. Plus you're saying that because of their current form, not their form under Adkins when they were two of our three best players,

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 07 Apr 2015 22:30

It's Clarke out for me.

Great coaches often make poor managers.

The club is going to need a complete overhaul in the summer and Paul Lambert would be my first choice to do that.

Bristol City, MK Dons, Preston and Swindon (hate to admit that) all look far better than us.

We have fallen so far behind it's scary and I believe that if we keep Clarke we will get relegated next season....

There's a lad playing for MK Don's (Grigg I think) who is on loan from Brentford, as he can't get into their first team. He is far better than any player we have, which just proves how sh*t we have become.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 07 Apr 2015 22:32

Maybe actually it would have been the other way round. If we'd gone out of the cup then league survival would have been the only priority now - we certainly would have fielded a proper / full team against Watford.

We'd be pushing our bigger players harder now, not worrying about the 18th and (in my view) we'd be higher up in the table.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 22:37

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch

Mackie > Cox
Chalobah / Ake > Norwood

we'd be 8 goals worse off without him, Mackie wasn't fit earlier in the season and Chalobah wasn't available. Plus you're saying that because of their current form, not their form under Adkins when they were two of our three best players,

No I'm saying they are better choices for the starting 11 because they are better players.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 22:41

RG7Fan

Maybe actually it would have been the other way round. If we'd gone out of the cup then league survival would have been the only priority now - we certainly would have fielded a proper / full team against Watford.

We'd be pushing our bigger players harder now, not worrying about the 18th and (in my view) we'd be higher up in the table.

Good point actually. I fear the players are getting off a bit too lightly in this discussion as well. They clearly can perform to a decent standard when required to as shown in the cup games.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 07 Apr 2015 22:45

MmmMonsterMunch
RG7Fan

Good point actually. I fear the players are getting off a bit too lightly in this discussion as well. They clearly can perform to a decent standard when required to as shown in the cup games.

They say a cup run can give the team / club a boost - but at the same time it can give problems / divert from what is important, i.e. avoiding relegation. Wigan??

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2015 22:49

Even if we hadn't had the cup run, we'd have finished at best 12th. We had no chance of promotion when Clarke joined. It would have taken a McDermott-esque run of 45 pts from 51 to give us even a sniff.

Semi at Wembley with crap league placing>>>>>>>>>no cup run & 12th place finish.

356 posts