FAO Federici

172 posts
Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Federici

by Geekins » 22 Apr 2015 15:10

GH Royal
Hoop Blah But you're making out that Pogrebnyak's misses are as blatant as Federici's, that's all I'm commenting on.

As for Federici keeping us in the game, I'd argue that he made saves he would probably expect to make. A couple of very good saves yes, but not quite the worldies I keep hearing about just because he cocked up for the winner and the hero to villain story makes for good copy.

There hasn't been much comment on the shot from distance from Ramsey that Federici failed to hold and it looped over the bar. If that had gone in I'd say it would've been chalked up as another Federici mistake on a shot from long range.

It was the save from the (Gabriel?) header that everyone commented on, from where I was stood it looked class, haven't seen a replay.

My Arsehole (see what i did there lolz) said it reminded him of the Seaman save verses Sheffield United in their Semi Final a number of years ago.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Apr 2015 15:19

Hoop Blah But you're making out that Pogrebnyak's misses are as blatant as Federici's, that's all I'm commenting on.

As for Federici keeping us in the game, I'd argue that he made saves he would probably expect to make. A couple of very good saves yes, but not quite the worldies I keep hearing about just because he cocked up for the winner and the hero to villain story makes for good copy.

There hasn't been much comment on the shot from distance from Ramsey that Federici failed to hold and it looped over the bar. If that had gone in I'd say it would've been chalked up as another Federici mistake on a shot from long range.

Yawn. Why do you keep going over the same thing? I've said what I've said and re-qualified it clear enough. Move on m8.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 22 Apr 2015 15:59

Maybe it would be kinder to just let this thread die. It was sincere, served it's purpose and had a good life, but now it's just babbling and forgetting where it left it's teeth.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 22 Apr 2015 16:55

Chant for Feds (to the tune of Men at Work's 'Land down under')

He comes from a land down under
But we forgive him for his blunder
Even though it made us chunder....
Oh Adam Fed, Adam Federici.......

Last line needs a bit of work?

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 22 Apr 2015 16:57

Royalcop Chant for Feds (to the tune of Men at Work's 'Land down under')

But shaven Adam, you're a wonder

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 22 Apr 2015 16:59

Royalcop Chant for Feds (to the tune of Men at Work's 'Land down under')

IN .. if you can squeeze in the Vegemite sandwich verse.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 22 Apr 2015 17:03

GH Royal

He said 'I got beaten by Sanchez'
I just smiled and gave him a Vegemite sandwich

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 22 Apr 2015 17:04

Royalcop
GH Royal

He said 'I got beaten by Sanchez'
I just smiled and gave him a Vegemite sandwich

I'd actually be up for singing that.

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 22 Apr 2015 17:08

Massive +1 to the chant

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 22 Apr 2015 20:36

GH Royal

It was the save from the (Gabriel?) header that everyone commented on, from where I was stood it looked class, haven't seen a replay.[/quote]

Serious man-love* going on today GH.

I was in *splutter* Club Wembley in the Arse end (see what I did there?) and I was right in eye-line of the Feds save from the Angle (RIP in peace) Gabriel and, from behind the goal 'live', it was a far, far better save (without wanting to incant the last words of Sydney Carton) than it looked on the gogglebox. It was bordering on 'worldlie'. *flames*

The stop from the BFG header in the first ten mins or so wasn't too shabby, either.

*No homo, obvs.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Apr 2015 11:21

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ci-9098394

Adam Federici has thanked the ‘amazing’ Reading fans for the support they have given him since his error gifted Arsenal a 2-1 success in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final.

Royals’ stopper has not been out of the headlines since he let Alexis Sanchez’s shot slip between his legs during extra-time at Wembley.

But Reading’s supporters have rallied around the popular 30-year-old and last night they made their feelings well known during the 1-0 defeat against Birmingham City.

There were Australian flags dotted all around Madejski Stadium and several inflatable kangaroos could be seen being held up within the crowd.

Federici’s name was chanted throughout the contest and the goalkeeper admits the reception he received blew him away.

“That’s the toughest warm up I’ve had a for a while,” said the Australian international. “I’ve got to say thank you to all the Reading support. They’ve been unbelievable.

“It’s just been amazing. It just makes you remember what a special place this club is and what it means to me.

“Everyone knows I give my all in every game I play and I’ve given pretty much my life for the last 10 years to this club.

“So it was just an amazing feeling to come out and see that support. Especially given the way I’ve been feeling.”

Since his error at Wembley, Federici has stayed away from all forms of the media.

He did take to Twitter on Monday to apologise, but hasn’t been back online to check the replies.

So although he had been told about the Flags for Feds campaign, he wasn’t sure what to expect when he took to the pitch last night.

“I got told about it but didn’t know what it was going to be like, he said.

“A few people were filling me in because I haven’t been on social media for obvious reasons.

“I haven’t really been on Twitter. I wrote a message (on Monday) and then just left it.

“It’s been a tough couple of days. I haven’t really slept that much, but it comes with the territory. It’s part of my job.

“It’s just a big part of being a keeper. But I can’t thank the supporters enough. They’ve always been amazing with me, but to have that support was incredible. It got me through last night.

“Now hopefully I can start to move on which would be nice because the last few days and have been pretty crazy.”

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Apr 2015 16:16

genome http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-keeper-adam-federici-9098394

Adam Federici has thanked the ‘amazing’ Reading fans for the support they have given him since his error gifted Arsenal a 2-1 success in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final.

Royals’ stopper has not been out of the headlines since he let Alexis Sanchez’s shot slip between his legs during extra-time at Wembley.

But Reading’s supporters have rallied around the popular 30-year-old and last night they made their feelings well known during the 1-0 defeat against Birmingham City.

There were Australian flags dotted all around Madejski Stadium and several inflatable kangaroos could be seen being held up within the crowd.

Federici’s name was chanted throughout the contest and the goalkeeper admits the reception he received blew him away.

“That’s the toughest warm up I’ve had a for a while,” said the Australian international. “I’ve got to say thank you to all the Reading support. They’ve been unbelievable.

“It’s just been amazing. It just makes you remember what a special place this club is and what it means to me.

“Everyone knows I give my all in every game I play and I’ve given pretty much my life for the last 10 years to this club.

“So it was just an amazing feeling to come out and see that support. Especially given the way I’ve been feeling.”

Since his error at Wembley, Federici has stayed away from all forms of the media.

He did take to Twitter on Monday to apologise, but hasn’t been back online to check the replies.

So although he had been told about the Flags for Feds campaign, he wasn’t sure what to expect when he took to the pitch last night.

“I got told about it but didn’t know what it was going to be like, he said.

“A few people were filling me in because I haven’t been on social media for obvious reasons.

“I haven’t really been on Twitter. I wrote a message (on Monday) and then just left it.

“It’s been a tough couple of days. I haven’t really slept that much, but it comes with the territory. It’s part of my job.

“It’s just a big part of being a keeper. But I can’t thank the supporters enough. They’ve always been amazing with me, but to have that support was incredible. It got me through last night.

Now hopefully I can start to move on which would be nice because the last few days and have been pretty crazy.”

Typical Feds putting himself in the shop window

172 posts