BFTG - Brentford

3points
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG - Brentford

by 3points » 25 Apr 2015 17:53

Not sure I can be bothered but Adam Federici kept it respectable with a couple of top class one on one saves and we had enough decent chances to score a couple of goals at least, Cox and Stacey being the biggest culprits. Hector was largely decent but had a few moments. Obita looked a bit better again. Pearce was just Pearce.

Norwood - it was like watching the Adkins era again. He played so deep he was between Hector and Pearce for half the game. I guess Clarke wanted to see what he was like in the defensive midfielder role. Now he knows he isn't the answer for next season.

HRK - oh dear, that was just embarrassing.
Gunter - learn to cross the ball either with pace or precision
Mackie - tries hard, but lacks quality

Steve Clarke - what are you doing with the formation? Why play Norwood? Why not play Cox and Mackie as a front two?

Armadillo Roadkill

Re: BFTG - Brentford

by Armadillo Roadkill » 25 Apr 2015 18:01

Breathtakingly awful. Shambolic. Embarrassing.

The same players who could match up to Arsenal last week get dicked by Brentford and Brimingham. So it's not that the players can't do it, it's that they won't.

Next season? Be afraid. Be very afraid.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 25 Apr 2015 18:03

Obita and Gunter put in at least 5 good crosses each.
Where were our wingers or strikers, or midfielders, or centre backs for that matter.

We had a decent goalkeeper, two good wideplayers. Everyone else played total shite and might as well have stayed at home.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 25 Apr 2015 18:07

When HRK is your one up front, you know your manager is clueless

When he survives the first subs, you know your manager is just a mentalist

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Apr 2015 18:17

We looked fine between both boxes but awful in front of both goals. To be fair to the defenders there is a lot of pressure on them when the strikers can't give us goals to relieve that pressure.

Baffling how we can be brave enough to play 4-4-2 against Arsenal at Wembley but so afraid of Brentford at home that we play one up front (and when the one is HRK that might as well be none).

Federici and Williams did well, we need to forget about Guthrie/Norwood type mifldfielders because they just disrupt our flow so much.Cox crying out for a start and then totally messing up the chance he got just sums this entitled squad, who think far too much of themselves, up.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Apr 2015 18:21

John Madejski's Wallet When HRK is your one up front, you know your manager is clueless

When he survives the first subs, you know your manager is just a mentalist

+1

(got to add - survives, in favour of Chalobah being subbed .... what is it with HRK, is there something in his contract that says he's got to play every game?)

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Apr 2015 18:23

Clarke has his work cut out. So pissed off when they announced 4 minutes extra time, just wanted the game to end it was so bad an painful.

Like others said before, absolutely zero goal scorers.

At times in many games I've watched, particularly the SC era, reading look really decent putting a play together.

They then try to cross it, and it just goes to opposition, or they try to walk it into the goal, or a weak shot.

Set plays are truly terrible.

The season ending next weak is great. We are safe, we just need to re build and SC to re structure. I have faith he can do it

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Apr 2015 18:24

Shambles, yet another home game where we look utterly clueless in the final third and fail to score again.

The sooner this season ends the better. This whole team is an embarrassment. Lap of appreciation - oxf*rd off!

Pearce guilty for not closing down the cross for the first, game him time to update his facebook status, take a couple of selfies then text his mate his was going to cross to.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 25 Apr 2015 18:30

Pearce returning to form with his lack of pace,decision making and flat footed behaviour-not exactly doing himself favours in the contract renogiating stakes :|

Hector has moments of real class and is clearly one to watch but still gets himself in tangles when clearing it, just head it out!!

Mcleary an absolute shadow of his former self, a player I really admire but approaching 29 have we seen his peak here given his injuries? Williams and feds by far the stand out players, hrk needs to be let go as does blackman- the most fake wingers/strikers I have seen at rfc, embarrassing.

Gunter is ridulously safety first and has almost withdrawn himself on the pitch in the last ten or so league games I have seen him play-good idea to sign him up again?!

Obita clearly found out at left back. ,never gets tight to his man and first goal his fault. I feel for him as his natural position is left wing but his confidence has Been severely dented. Chalobah v disappointing and I can't see norwood forcing his way into next seasons plans....

So many holes to plug but where to start, especially if we can't even get rid of those still under contract who clearly aren't up to it.

Hoss

by Hoss » 25 Apr 2015 18:33

"Lap of appreciation?" You must be joking!

Adam "we saw you crying on the telly" Federici, player of the season? C'mon! What's a player like Hector got to do?

Oh and as for Sweet (F ucking jesus) Caroline. Stop it, stop it now!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Apr 2015 18:42

Hector probably has to stop doing five bad things after one good thing. Stop hitting cross field balls without looking would be good as well.

biff

by biff » 25 Apr 2015 18:49

Game was screaming out for 4-4-2 for long spells. Not good enough to change it that late, That said, we were a couple of killer balls and quick thinking away from a couple of goals, which can be rectified in the close season.

I don't care if i never see Pearce in a Reading shirt again. The guy is a rugby player, never seen someone entrusted with so much responsibility out from the keeper be so poor with the ball at his feet. Hector and Cooper next year would be nice. Chuck any money at Mackie, Chalobah and Hector, cut HRK, Norwood, Ferdinand and cox and next year will be brighter.

scumbag

by scumbag » 25 Apr 2015 18:52

You've got to be bloody daft starting a donkey like HRK up top alone.

Dire. Good riddance 2014/15.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 25 Apr 2015 18:52

Hoss "Lap of appreciation?" You must be joking!

Adam "we saw you crying on the telly" Federici, player of the season? C'mon! What's a player like Hector got to do?

Oh and as for Sweet (F ucking jesus) Caroline. Stop it, stop it now!

The clue is in the title. Feds has been player of the season. Hector has been great since Clarke has arrived ... half-way through the season. If he'd played like this all season he would have won.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Apr 2015 18:53

This game and the Birmingham game were similar in the that we we played some decent football at times with no end product.

Sign up the Brentford manager is what I say, as I think he would be a great fit for us.

I like Clarke and he hasn't been given enough time but his experience is with stop quality youngsters at Chelsea and Liverpool etc.

With the budget we are likely to have in the summer, we need a manager who knows the Championship and can gel a side together with what we have, maybe some of the Brentford players, and with a couple of premiership youngsters on loan.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 25 Apr 2015 18:55

Why would the manager of a side on the brink of the premiership sign for Reading?

biff

by biff » 25 Apr 2015 18:57

frimmers3 Why would the manager of a side on the brink of the premiership sign for Reading?

am i going to be wooshed for saying its because he's being sacked at the end of the year, come what may?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 25 Apr 2015 19:03

Hector was good again & Feds kept the score down with some good saves.
Norwood poor, Chalobah didn't have his best game.
McCleary was out of sorts & out of position on the left wing having to cut inside to cross
Mackie was wasted on the right wing for much of the game. Put in a shift but to little effect.
HRK was utter pants. Can't understand why he was leading the line. If he'd been left wing I'd have understood as he can at least cross a ball, which is a major ability lacking in this team. He must send someone else to train in his place.
If HRK had been left wing, McCleary could have been right & Mackie up front.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 25 Apr 2015 19:06

Dellor was having a spastic over HRK's efforts (or lack of them) this afternoon.

Thinks we're nailed on certainties for relegation next year unless half the squad is changed.

I just think they're all on the beach now that relegation this season has been avoided.

So, actually, no change in most of 2015 then.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 25 Apr 2015 19:06

biff
frimmers3 Why would the manager of a side on the brink of the premiership sign for Reading?

am i going to be wooshed for saying its because he's being sacked at the end of the year, come what may?

Standard frimmers tbf.