BFTG - Brentford

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Brentford

by Turns8 » 25 Apr 2015 22:20

Ian Royal
madstadblues Blah, blah, blah,

We had 18 shots, 4 on target the majority of those shots with time. Clark has nothing to do with the players ability to shoot on target. 1st half ball whizzed passd HRK where Mr Murray would have got a touch goal.

We have too many players that can play in multiple positions rather than 4 wingers, 4 strikers etc...

Next season : )

This is so true it hurts.

Jack of all trades, master of none...sums up so many of the current squad...however, many of them are simply not good enough to take the club forward...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2015 22:31

Never been one to pre-judge nor join the HNA critical clique fest....but the much maligned Blackman looked like he was a dead man walking today.

Had the chance on the by-line to win us a corner.....didn't even bother to swing his leg...a shame really.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Apr 2015 22:32

frimmers3 Why would the manager of a side on the brink of the premiership sign for Reading?

Genuinely impressed that you managed to post something stupider than the comment that prompted it

FWIW we need a goal scorer and I'm fairly sure Steve Clarke is well aware of this. Sort that and next season will be just fine

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2015 22:38

+1

And there is nothing more obvious than stating the obvious :D m

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Apr 2015 22:44

If only it was just a goalscorer. The supply routes are terrible as well.

JakeTheRoyal

by JakeTheRoyal » 25 Apr 2015 23:06

Hate battering Pearce because he loves the club but the first goal was all his fault, just watched as the man crossed the ball. Wouldn't be too suprised if he doesnt get a new contract.
Why Chris Gunter still cant cross a ball is beyond me.
HRK is not a striker or a footballer so please leave.
I like Chalobah but he looked half arsed today, as did GMAC and tbh Idon't blame them playing witb that shower of shit, both miles above this level when up for it.
Norwood was so deep, it made us into almost a 5-2-3 which is not a thing that should be happening.
Hector is class and Willams is tbe only player who is always up for it.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 25 Apr 2015 23:11

Hector caught napping for the first; Pearce tried to block the man rather than the ball (and got neither) for the second. Thank God Fedders kept the score respectable.

Seemed like we had a shoot on sight policy in the first half. Shame it wasn't also shoot on target. Second half it was back to over elaborating.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 25 Apr 2015 23:28

Today summed up the season. No cutting edge and shit defending.

I put some of the blame for these last two games with the manager. What the hell was that formation? Are we barcelona and play wherever we like? No width, no option for our fallbacks going forward and no one showing for throw ins again. Stick with 4-4-fucking 2!!!!!!

Pearce was terrible today. Slow, flat footed, sleeping, letting players turn in the box and no way near tight enough to the forward. Gives his all bit lacks quality and I wouldn't mind if he goes.

Hrk has had another massively disappointing season. He should be doing so much more. I remember in the premiership he destroyed evra and seems to do well for Wales. Can't be arsed with Reading though and needs to go.

Mcleary is another frustrating one. He has it all but has had a poor season. He should be tearing defences in this league apart. Not scored or assisted enough.

The difference between the top teams and the rest of the pack is the quality up top. Top teams get a chance and take it. Look at Deeney at watford today and Bournemouth against us recently.

We need a top quality centre back to partner Hector, but top of the shopping list has to be a couple of goalscorers.

Need some big changes. Going to be an interesting summer....

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 25 Apr 2015 23:52

Hoss "Lap of appreciation?" You must be joking!

Madejski come up to hospitality after the game to present MOTM and apologised for running late as he had been doing the lap of apology!!!!! :lol: :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2015 23:55

You are so funny

Predictable

But funny

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Apr 2015 00:15

AthleticoSpizz You are so funny

Predictable

But funny

He's dull. I'll give him that.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 26 Apr 2015 01:59

Last season - in consecutive home matches ...

Reading 7 Bolton 1
Reading 5 Blackpool 1

We win - we score goals. In fact that is 12 goals in 2 games whereas this season we have only scored 5 league goals in the whole of 2015. What is the difference now?

Then we played McCarthy in goal not Feds but that doesn't explain our lack of goals. Similarly we played Gorkss in defence and now we play Hector. That also doesn't explain our lack of goals and I'd argue that Hector strengthens our defence compared with Gorkss.

Then we played Le Fondre and McAnuff and now we play Mackie and and HRK! The rest of the team in those 2 memorable wins are Gunter, Obita, Williams, Pearce, McCleary, Pog and Akpan. All those (except maybe Akpan - but Chalobah or Jem are both better than Akpan!) have been regular starters for us in 2015. There is not that much difference between the 2 sides though!

I don't think anyone can criticise Mackie for his contribution to our present side but it seems to me we miss the guile of McAnuff and the understanding between Pog and Le Fondre. ALF didn't contribute very much to our overall game but he could score. And he worked well with Pog.

Maybe, also, it is a question of confidence? I don't know but it is a problem as to how a side , once so prolific in goals, now seems totally unable to put the ball in the net. I appreciate that SC has tightened up our defence and needed to do so but you only win matches if you score goals. At the moment our performances in the final third of the pitch have been woeful for some time.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Apr 2015 03:48

AthleticoSpizz As far as 0-2 defeats go, that was one of the better ones.

We had more than enough chances to win that game, but a totally relaxed and enjoyable defeat, good luck to Brentford who with Grey and Jota, I hope make the Premiershit cut

Cut?

Probably the most embarrassing post of 2015.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 26 Apr 2015 07:30

Better than being Reading's most embarrassing (so-called) fan.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 26 Apr 2015 09:05

John Madejski's Wallet
harry If HRK had been left wing, McCleary could have been right & Mackie up front.

This baffled me.

Play an attacking 3, but have them all out of their preferred position.

Really not sure I trust Clarke all that much

Maybe he's trying to make a point to the board that we really don't have anyone upfront who can do the business, ie that HRK is crap and not a choice for next year when Mackie goes home.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Apr 2015 09:26

think it also showed how much we miss an actual centre forward. We missed Pog yesterday. Mackie works better off Pog (as did Le Fondre). Still don;t understand why Cox didn't start. Must be on his way out. Given we have no real forward options I thought it was interesting that neither Yakubu or Appiah made the bench yesterday (I know they are unlikely to be here next year) but then stick Novakovich or Cardwell on the bench.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 Apr 2015 09:34

leon
AthleticoSpizz You are so funny

Predictable

But funny

He's dull. I'll give him that.

I wasn't trying to be funny :roll:

The Mad Man got it wrong and said lap of apology instead of lap of appreciation..........

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Apr 2015 09:49

Another home game another pile of stinking crap going forward. As soon as they scored their first we should have all left as there was obviously going to be no come back.

Created a few chances but a total lack of ability meant we barely troubled the keeper let alone the scoreboard.

Can't wait for this time next week when it's all finally over and the club can start releasing players and start negotiations for next season.

Since 8th November Reading have played 15 league games at home, the full record is

Pld W D L F A Pts
15 3 4 8 7 15 13

In 11 (ELEVEN) of those games Reading failed to score and have only scored 5 at home in the league (11 games) since 1st January (that'll be an average of one a month come the end of the season).

Still, on the bright side, at least it means we don't get to hear that dreadful goal music, assuming anyone can remember whether we did play music or not.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Apr 2015 10:21

Hoss "Lap of appreciation?" You must be joking!

Adam "we saw you crying on the telly" Federici, player of the season? C'mon! What's a player like Hector got to do?

:roll:

Play better than Federici throughout the season for starters! You have got to be pretty footballing ignorant / blinkered to fall to see that Fed's was POTS by a mile. Once again yesterday he produced some fantastic saves to keep the score down and was easily or best player.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 10:23

5 league goals at home under Clarke? That is offensively bad.