Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Summer Rebuild

by John Smith » 01 Jun 2015 22:37

SCIAG
John Smith I'm an admirer of Jason Pearce, who inexplicably left Leeds in January to join the sinking Wigan ship. An improvement on Alex, I would imagine he could be available. He was captain at Leeds too

Alex is a much better player than Jason. That's why Alex was POTS in a team which won the league, why Alex played in the Premier League, why Alex is going to join Derby rather than Wigan. Jason is, at best, a mid-table Championship player.

Sorry but with views like that you are an ostrich. Alex was in the right place at the right time. Yes, Jason is at best a mid table Championship player but that is our level, for next season at least, I'm afraid

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jun 2015 23:23

John Smith
SCIAG
John Smith I'm an admirer of Jason Pearce, who inexplicably left Leeds in January to join the sinking Wigan ship. An improvement on Alex, I would imagine he could be available. He was captain at Leeds too

Alex is a much better player than Jason. That's why Alex was POTS in a team which won the league, why Alex played in the Premier League, why Alex is going to join Derby rather than Wigan. Jason is, at best, a mid-table Championship player.

Sorry but with views like that you are an ostrich. Alex was in the right place at the right time. Yes, Jason is at best a mid table Championship player but that is our level, for next season at least, I'm afraid
:lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Jun 2015 17:46

Can see Jem's new contract being announced once Pearce to Derby is official.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 03 Jun 2015 17:52

Is he replaceable? Yes. Will it cost money to replace him? Most likely. Should that money have been spent on other areas? Definitely.

Reading FC defender Alex Pearce set to complete Derby County move

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Jun 2015 17:56

Can the thread be retitled Summer Demolition?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jun 2015 23:51

Get Stefan Strandberg, he's epic on FM15. I always sign him for Reading in the first season. He has 15 Bravery and 14 Teamwork which is exactly what this team needs right now.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jun 2015 01:01

Norfolk Royal Can the thread be retitled Summer Demolition?

I'd prefer "Much Needed Reality Check"

The sooner we off load these over rated and highly over paid players, the sooner this club can get back on an even keel.

Even at his best, Federici wasn't fit to lace Hahnemann's boots while the number of centre halves we've had who were better than Pearce reaches well into double figures. Most of those players could only have dreamt of earning the kind of wages Pearce would have declined before looking elsewhere.

If waving goodbye to two "Nothing Specials" in Pearce and Federici saves us 40k-45k a week, that's a great start to the summer in my book.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jun 2015 06:37

Oh.

I may have to revise my thoughts now.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Jun 2015 09:01

blueroyals Is he replaceable? Yes. Will it cost money to replace him? Most likely. Should that money have been spent on other areas? Definitely.

Will it cost money to replace him? Well yes but his sizeable wages are freed up so it is only the signing on fee to cover (and quite often an existing player signing a new deal gets a signing on fee as well). And the new player will be on a lot less money.

So basically it is has not taken much, if any, money that was available to strengthen other areas of the squad.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jun 2015 10:05

Wycombe Royal
blueroyals Is he replaceable? Yes. Will it cost money to replace him? Most likely. Should that money have been spent on other areas? Definitely.

Will it cost money to replace him? Well yes but his sizeable wages are freed up so it is only the signing on fee to cover (and quite often an existing player signing a new deal gets a signing on fee as well). And the new player will be on a lot less money.

So basically it is has not taken much, if any, money that was available to strengthen other areas of the squad.

If all goes according to the manager's wishes Pearce will be replaced by Paul McShane on a free transfer.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Jun 2015 10:56

Do Derby enjoy Reading ruining their season or something? A huge step in the right direction for us following the poisonous Guthrie .

I'm backing Clarke to bring in some decent signings now. As a Clarke fan I am going to consider the likes of Knight and Yakubu anomalies as they were quick fixes with good pedigrees that, on paper, should have worked/done better. On another day Appiah gets a brace on his debut and becomes an instant hit, unfortunately he failed to hit the proverbial barn door.

Next out: Nick Blackman and Hal Robson-Kanu. Let's get that door revolving

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 04 Jun 2015 12:40

Sutekh
Wycombe Royal

If all goes according to the manager's wishes Pearce will be replaced by Paul McShane on a free transfer.

Knowing our luck it will be the one from Hi-De-Hi!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Jun 2015 12:45

Rather have Ian McShane

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jun 2015 12:59

Royal Rother Oh.

I may have to revise my thoughts now.

:lol:
finding you good value right now.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Jun 2015 13:47

genome Get Stefan Strandberg, he's epic on FM15. I always sign him for Reading in the first season. He has 15 Bravery and 14 Teamwork which is exactly what this team needs right now.
If only scouting was that easy..... it would make offloading a player quite easy too, just offer the guys at SI Games a bribe to up the ratings on the players your trying to sell.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Jun 2015 13:49

Ha if we're signing players because of FM, let's get Jack Watmough, my head of youth recruitment bought him pretty cheaply and now he's a very solid Premier League defender.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Jun 2015 16:04

Cherno Samba!

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 04 Jun 2015 16:12

maffff Cherno Samba!

He was superb on FM, what, 10 years ago? Did he even have a career in football in the end?

Let's sign Freddy Adu! :wink:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Jun 2015 16:16

Coppelled_Streets
maffff Cherno Samba!

He was superb on FM, what, 10 years ago? Did he even have a career in football in the end?

Let's sign Freddy Adu! :wink:

Nicolas Millan! He's still only 22.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jun 2015 17:03

Forbury Lion
genome Get Stefan Strandberg, he's epic on FM15. I always sign him for Reading in the first season. He has 15 Bravery and 14 Teamwork which is exactly what this team needs right now.
If only scouting was that easy..... it would make offloading a player quite easy too, just offer the guys at SI Games a bribe to up the ratings on the players your trying to sell.

Some clubs have tried it
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... uting-tool

1897 posts