Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
ladida_gunner_graham

Re: Summer Rebuild

by ladida_gunner_graham » 09 May 2015 14:21

mambo3 ST has made a statement that what happened this season won't happen again. Put himself under pressure now, obviously rates Chelsea's younger players to ours. Will field a side with Loans and established players so where do you fit in the others?

The loan players could possibly get the nod over our own players, but how many "established" players do we have? Obviously we need to retain some experience in the side, but you don't have to look too hard for first team squad regulars from this season who have games under their belt but offer nothing of value. There is almost no downside risk to replacing HRK, Blackman, Akpan, Cox with youngsters. How much more shit can they be?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 May 2015 14:51

Indeed. To be honest if he does play a whole load of loanee youngsters in front of ours it would be a totally daft move.

One quality loan striker yes, maybe, but we have cover amongst our own players for every other position.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 May 2015 18:12

I'd expect him to at least try our own youngsters in the first few games before loaning in Chelsea / PL youth talent ahead of them. He can always do that outside the summer window if it isn't working.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 May 2015 18:58

Hopefully we can move hrk, Cox, Pearce and obita on this summer and replace them with lads from the academy. At least they'll show a bit of fight!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 May 2015 19:15

LOL

gud one bro, dat shit waz funny.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 May 2015 19:19

mambo3
Royal Rother
mambo3 I'm guessing he is stuck with what he's got and will still have to utilise his existing squad with loanees, that means less likely our youth players will get much time on the pitch....

I'm struggling to follow the logic in this.

We haven't got a pot to piss in. no summer rebuild. Most players that the club want to get rid of, still here for New Season.

What is your basis for saying this ?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 May 2015 20:58

mambo3
Royal Rother
mambo3 I'm guessing he is stuck with what he's got and will still have to utilise his existing squad with loanees, that means less likely our youth players will get much time on the pitch....

We haven't got a pot to piss in. no summer rebuild. Most players that the club want to get rid of, still here for New Season.

:| FFP eases. Unexpected cup run,

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 May 2015 21:41

I suppose the Cup run pays for the final year of Pog's contract.

Yippee.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 May 2015 22:08

Given Pog's contract is hardly a surprise I'd guess it was already budgeted for and the cup money actually will pay for something else......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 May 2015 22:24

maffff
mambo3
Royal Rother

:| FFP eases. Unexpected cup run,

Yep, but at the same time parachute payments halve.

I don't think it's as bad as mambo makes out, but I wouldn't expect bags of money and big signings either.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 May 2015 00:20

Simon's Church Hopefully we can move hrk, Cox, Pearce and obita on this summer and replace them with lads from the academy. At least they'll show a bit of fight!

Ffs Obita is 21 years old, had a great season last year and has slightly underperformed in a season where oxford everyone in our team underperformed and you want to get rid???? have a laugh

mambo3

by mambo3 » 10 May 2015 01:25

We haven't got a pot to piss in. no summer rebuild. Most players that the club want to get rid of, still here for New Season.[/quote]

:| FFP eases. Unexpected cup run,[/quote]

Yep, but at the same time parachute payments halve.

I don't think it's as bad as mambo makes out, but I wouldn't expect bags of money and big signings either.[/quote]

Remember we still have A training ground to build and how much does it actually cost Reading to loan Chelsea players, never mind Pogs and HRK salary and payoff NA.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 May 2015 03:20

mambo3 Remember we still have A training ground to build and how much does it actually cost Reading to loan Chelsea players, never mind Pogs and HRK salary and payoff NA.

The academy doesn't factor into FFP though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 May 2015 07:26

tidus_mi2
mambo3 Remember we still have A training ground to build and how much does it actually cost Reading to loan Chelsea players, never mind Pogs and HRK salary and payoff NA.

The academy doesn't factor into FFP though.

It does impact cash availability though.

Despite that I do think Mambo has no idea about the finances.

I'd agree with the fact that we won't be blowing millions on new players, but would be amazed if Clarke had taken the job unless his plans for improving the squad were being funded.

We shall see.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2015 09:05

money spent on training ground doesn't count towards FFP IIRC.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 May 2015 08:42

Would happily keep Pog if we bring in a poacher and look to go two up front.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 May 2015 09:50

I certainly wouldn't mind Chalobah or someone similar to come in on loan as he is a solid defensive midfielder, something we lack, Williams maybe can do that role but he seems better suited in central midfield than someone protecting the defence. So who do we loan in? A good striker surely has to be high priority if we can't sign one, look at Middlesbrough with Bamford, there are solid loan strikers out there.

Then which of our youngsters get a shot this season? Hopefully we'll see more of Kuhl, we didn't loan him out I assume because we felt he'd benefit more from being around the squad and he didn't really do anything wrong in his performances at the start of the season. Fosu and Stacey did well in their cameos this season so hopefully can be there to put pressure on the wingers, HRK needs a kick up the backside and being replaced by a young talented player might be just the thing, McCleary just needs to bring consistency back into his game.

As for the guys who went on loan, Samuel surely has shown enough to earn a chance in the first team, Tshibola however, despite doing well is untried at any level higher than League Two so could probably benefit from a loan move to League One unless he performs particularly well in pre-season. Taylor probably needs to move on, he wasn't a regular here and then went on loan to Leyton Orient, who got relegated from League One, he initially started matches but then got dropped completely, not a good sign at all.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 May 2015 23:08

Royalwaster
mambo3 Put himself under pressure now, obviously rates
Chelseas younger players to ours.

To Chelsea it's now a business. Take the best youngsters into the academy system. Then sell them for a profit.

Chelsea have loaned out over 30 players this season.

Chalobah originally went to Burnley. However Burnley sent him back saying he failed to adapt to premiership football. Perhaps there's hope for RFC .

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 12 May 2015 08:42

Sometimes wonder if playing academy lads is no more risky than buying some bloke from Bulgaria or wherever. At least they are already 'settled in' and the manager knows how/where to play them. You aren't going to know if they can step up unless you stick them infront of a step.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 12 May 2015 12:18

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... em-9239528

Jem to Bournemouth or Watford? Sorry Jem but you're never a Premier League player, but good luck to you if you get the chance to have another go.

1897 posts