Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Summer Rebuild

by SCIAG » 03 May 2015 23:46

Lower West If they go out on loan at least part of their wage bill gets covered.

Interesting view by Bob Wilson on Feds. Said that he is too short to be a top class keeper. As is is 5 inches shorter than the average prem keeper. If a shot goes to either top corner. Fed's too short to reach it. Have to add that Bob Wilson was actually very positive. Just highlighted why he'd never be a top keeper.

Federici is taller than Hugo Lloris and David Ospina and they're good enough to start for top 6 sides.

Not sure that the "average" Premier League goalkeeper is six foot seven either, think six five is more like it.

RoyalAuzzie

by RoyalAuzzie » 04 May 2015 01:10

LoyalRoyal22 This is how I would like the squad to look.

Federici

Gunter
Hector
Pearce
Obita

New aggressive DM(assuming we can't get Chalobah back)
CM -Karacan
CM- Williams

RW-McCleary
CF- new forward with some pace & movement
LW- new signing, creativity & goals

Subs-

Henly
Cooper
Keown
Kuhl
Norwood
Stacey or Fosu
Pog or Samuel

Release all the other out of contract players & sell Akpan,Blackman, HRK & Simon Cox

Really hope we can hold onto Jem & Feds but if Pearce leaves I think he would be easily replaceable.

So I only think we need three new good standard championship signings. Lasse Vibe could fill the LW or CF role potentially.

Moore > Lincoln > Henly.

Agree on that Danish bloke. Looks a decent finisher.

Think it is imperative that Jem stays, we really lack a mr RFC ATM.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 May 2015 07:58

SCIAG
Lower West If they go out on loan at least part of their wage bill gets covered.

Interesting view by Bob Wilson on Feds. Said that he is too short to be a top class keeper. As is is 5 inches shorter than the average prem keeper. If a shot goes to either top corner. Fed's too short to reach it. Have to add that Bob Wilson was actually very positive. Just highlighted why he'd never be a top keeper.

Federici is taller than Hugo Lloris and David Ospina and they're good enough to start for top 6 sides.

Not sure that the "average" Premier League goalkeeper is six foot seven either, think six five is more like it.

The average is only that high because it includes Pantilimon and Courtois who both seem to be about seven foot six

Esteban

by Esteban » 04 May 2015 09:15

LoyalRoyal22 This is how I would like the squad to look.

Federici

Gunter
Hector
Pearce
Obita

New aggressive DM(assuming we can't get Chalobah back)
CM -Karacan
CM- Williams

RW-McCleary
CF- new forward with some pace & movement
LW- new signing, creativity & goals

Subs-

Henly
Cooper
Keown
Kuhl
Norwood
Stacey or Fosu
Pog or Samuel

Release all the other out of contract players & sell Akpan,Blackman, HRK & Simon Cox

Really hope we can hold onto Jem & Feds but if Pearce leaves I think he would be easily replaceable.

So I only think we need three new good standard championship signings. Lasse Vibe could fill the LW or CF role potentially.

My concern is that we'll have to sell to raise funds - and if we do, how much will be released to Clarke?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 May 2015 11:26

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 May 2015 11:53

Franchise FC
SCIAG

The average is only that high because it includes Pantilimon and Courtois who both seem to be about seven foot six

Forster too

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 04 May 2015 12:02

Begovic is around 6'5" as well, as is Alex McCarthy

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 May 2015 12:28

RoyalAuzzie Moore > Lincoln > Henly.

On what basis do you say this?

RoyalAuzzie

by RoyalAuzzie » 04 May 2015 14:11

SCIAG
RoyalAuzzie Moore > Lincoln > Henly.

On what basis do you say this?

Admittedly haven't seen much of Henly but I like the look of Moore, POTS at b'stoke in a promotion campaign and being a keeper that's a good achievement.

Long term who knows who will be better I just think he is most ready ATM which may mean he goes out on loan again to a L2 club.

It's hard to compare them though playing U21s or in the 6th tier.

I reckon if we ever buy a keeper it will be this year (if feds leaves) because then we will be playing our academy who all look decent. There are even more like Ward, Gogic and Legg if we go even further down the line!

JIM

by JIM » 04 May 2015 14:18

When is the GO-NO GO list released ? :D :D

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 04 May 2015 14:46

Was fascinated by the comments atributed to Jem Karacan that he wants "to feel valued" In his new contract talks, well I would have thought that he owes Reading some "value" after we nursed him back to fitness after missing virtually two seasons with serious knee injuries, or am I being too hard on him ??

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 04 May 2015 15:47

howser Was fascinated by the comments atributed to Jem Karacan that he wants "to feel valued" In his new contract talks, well I would have thought that he owes Reading some "value" after we nursed him back to fitness after missing virtually two seasons with serious knee injuries, or am I being too hard on him ??

I don't think you're being hard. The players have got to realise there's a big decrease in parachute payments and they can't all expect the gravy train to continue. Average Championship players like Pearce, HRK, Jem, etc will get average Championship salaries, which will be a lot less than their current contracts I expect

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2015 15:49

Karacan was immense on Saturday as he led Reading to a 3-0 win at Derby at the iPro Stadium.

It was his first victory while wearing the armband and he admits the thought that it could be his last appearance in a Reading shirt was in his mind throughout the afternoon.

He said: “Me and Pearcey were in the changing room before the game saying, if it is the end of us, we want to go out with a bang.

“I gave him and Feds a cuddle and said, whatever happens, happens. It’s been a pleasure to play with them, I love them to pieces.

“They’ve made my time at the club much better.”

Karacan added: “Whatever happens, I’ve loved every minute of it. The fans have been unbelievable with me and I love them to pieces.

“I know a lot of them personally. It’s been an honour playing for this club.”

:(

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 04 May 2015 16:16

A one year contract for your club captain and one of the only players that fans really identify with? Seems a bit shitty to me.

We've got a squad full of players who have hardly been in here 5 minutes and desperately need to keep him on board, he's a decent player I can't see why the club are fooling around offering him a one year contract, even considering his long term injuries which were both attributable to shocking challenges rather than being made of glass.

Quite frankly if what he has said about the offer is true and this one doesn't get resolved i'd be pretty disappointed with the club.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 04 May 2015 16:20

What if he has another two years without making appearances in the double figures?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 May 2015 16:43

kwik-silva What if he has another two years without making appearances in the double figures?

Yes, it's sad, but they have to be cautious.

They could have written a contract stating a second year if he made X appearances in the first

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 May 2015 16:48

Snowball
kwik-silva What if he has another two years without making appearances in the double figures?

Yes, it's sad, but they have to be cautious.

They could have written a contract stating a second year if he made X appearances in the first

After the Salako situation a few years ago, I don't think any player would sign a contract here with that stipulation in it.

Woodley-RFC

by Woodley-RFC » 04 May 2015 16:59

Karacan, Perace,Feds. have been offered new deal!!! :D
hope they sign soon

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2015 17:36

I'd probably offer a hefty paycut with good appearance fees for one year, with an automatic extension with a better base rate and lower appearance fees if he plays in 30 games, starting at least 10.

Half our current side probably have no idea Salako played for us let alone any contract wrangles stranded. There have been at least some triggered extensions since too...

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 May 2015 18:24

1897 posts