Pre-season Friendlies

407 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pre-season Friendlies

by John Smith » 29 May 2015 17:28

winchester_royal Anyone else hearing that we're getting the U21's to play at Adams Park next season with a view to moving the first team games there the season after once the Thais have sold off the stadium?

My dream is for this to happen and start a Phoenix club based at Palmer Park. Imagine how beautiful it could be

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 29 May 2015 17:54

Bristol Rovers - IN for new ground
Crawley - IN for terrace
Swansea - eh, half day Fridays so may go.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 29 May 2015 18:04

Would of gone to swansea game if at mad stad out of habit, but Out now it's at Wycombe
Still hoping for Barnet away @ the Hive

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 29 May 2015 18:15

winchester_royal Anyone else hearing that we're getting the U21's to play at Adams Park next season with a view to moving the first team games there the season after once the Thais have sold off the stadium?

Notwithstanding the inevitable witticisms and sarcastic remarks which usually appear on here, I have just a touch of uneasiness about this. There is very little information coming from the new owners about long term plans, no proper public face to reassure us, and now we are drip fed the prospect of a partnership with Wycombe to look forward to. I am not a conspiracy theorist, just an honest fan wondering what on earth the plan actually is for Reading FC for next season and beyond?

Ravel

by Ravel » 29 May 2015 18:54

If the club start a formal agreement with Wycombe being a feeder club to send players on loan to, and they allow their stadium to be used for U21 games for the youth players to get more match day experience, that sounds like a win win situation.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 29 May 2015 19:52

Will95 Bristol Rovers - IN for new ground
Crawley - IN for terrace
Swansea - eh, half day Fridays so may go.

Presumably we can stand on the terrace at Wycombe as its some sort of home game :?:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 May 2015 20:45

mumbo-jumbo

Notwithstanding the inevitable witticisms and sarcastic remarks which usually appear on here, I have just a touch of uneasiness about this. There is very little information coming from the new owners about long term plans, no proper public face to reassure us, and now we are drip fed the prospect of a partnership with Wycombe to look forward to. I am not a conspiracy theorist, just an honest fan wondering what on earth the plan actually is for Reading FC for next season and beyond?

Why uneasy? The u21s get to use league facilities rather than non league for most home games. Wycombe will be glad of the revenue. We'll probably let them loan a few younger players if needs be to to get them league experience. On face value looks good.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 30 May 2015 09:46

Stranded
mumbo-jumbo

Why uneasy? The u21s get to use league facilities rather than non league for most home games. Wycombe will be glad of the revenue. We'll probably let them loan a few younger players if needs be to to get them league experience. On face value looks good.

Well I do hope you're right and that its something benign and simple and positive for all concerned.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 May 2015 09:58

mumbo-jumbo

Lol seriously?

I seem to remember a couple of fairly detailed interviews with two of our new owners about their plans. Just because they don't pump themselves around on Twitter to appease a few neurotic fans it doesn't mean they're trying to asset strip the club

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2015 16:56

THere'll always be accusations of secretive owners because some people seem to expect detailed press releases or interviews at the drop of every tiny rumour, whether a statement effectively covering it was made previously or not.

And then of course you get people complaining about Madejski taking every opportunity to steal the limelight.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 May 2015 12:28

Ian Royal THere'll always be accusations of secretive owners because some people seem to expect detailed press releases or interviews at the drop of every tiny rumour, whether a statement effectively covering it was made previously or not.

And then of course you get people complaining about Madejski taking every opportunity to steal the limelight.

Those of us who warned against the Russians turned out to be 100% correct so forgive us if we not entirely comfortable with this Thai set up at the moment. :cry:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2015 13:43

Royal Lady
Ian Royal THere'll always be accusations of secretive owners because some people seem to expect detailed press releases or interviews at the drop of every tiny rumour, whether a statement effectively covering it was made previously or not.

Those of us who warned against the Russians turned out to be 100% correct so forgive us if we not entirely comfortable with this Thai set up at the moment. :cry:

The Jury is very definitely out. But the current load of conspiracy theories are empty blatherings. There was nothing sinister about Anton, just an incompetent over-enthusiastic kid playing with money he never actually had.

If the Thais do end up bad news, it's more likely to be because they're also incompetent and completely under-estimate the money needed to run a Championship football club with PL wage budget legacy.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Jun 2015 13:09

With a second consecutive set of shadowy owners taking us in goodness knows which direction, I suspect that it might be us becoming Wycombe's feeder club.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Jun 2015 16:20

Pre season friendly announced in Bangkok.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ai-9376954

Which pub will everyone be going to?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jun 2015 16:38

GetReading Reading will take on a Thailand Premier League All-Star XI in Bangkok next month.

The game will be part of a week-long stay in south-east Asia for Royals and will be covered by local broadcaster Thairath TV.

It kicks-off at 7pm local time on Wednesday, July 8 and will be played in the city's national stadium.

Reading will arrive in Thailand on July 6 and, following the game two days later, will spend a short time on the island of Ko Samui

Perhaps some scope there to watch on the internet (late AM/early PM on a Wednesday)..... Wonder if Berks will do live coverage :lol:

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 02 Jun 2015 17:16

That's a long way to go for one game. If it gives us the exposure over their that we're hoping for then great, just as long as it doesn't work against us fitness/preperation wise.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 02 Jun 2015 19:00

Have STAR released details concerning the coach arrangements for this prestigious fixture?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Jun 2015 19:22

LOL @ pre-season "tour" - it's just 1 game against a makeshift XI

Paul Cowin

by Paul Cowin » 02 Jun 2015 20:19

LUCKY ME

i will be able to get to the game, even though it will mean a 900 mile round trip from Chiang Mai.

But I would not miss it for the world.

If there any other Royals fans living in Thailand and intend going to the game please let me know so we can hook up

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 02 Jun 2015 20:23

Actually gutted I can't go, Asia is a great place to visit.

407 posts