CONFIMRED - Matej Vydra

301 posts
leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Matej Vydra

by leicsRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 18:25

Ian Royal This is good. But I can't help but feel utterly underwhelmed after finding out we'll be losing Hector.

I know we needed a lot of work done, but it feels like Clarke has decided to just bin the entire squad he inherited and start from scratch. Apart from the reasonably prudent spending involved considering the names and numbers we've got in, it all feels a little bit QPR, which makes me feel dirty. And not in a good way.

Still, it is looking like a squad that could make the top six if they all settle and gel. That's quite a big if though.

And if we did get promoted Clarke would have to do the same again next season as almost half the first team could end up back at their parent clubs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2015 18:30

leicsRoyal
Ian Royal This is good. But I can't help but feel utterly underwhelmed after finding out we'll be losing Hector.

I know we needed a lot of work done, but it feels like Clarke has decided to just bin the entire squad he inherited and start from scratch. Apart from the reasonably prudent spending involved considering the names and numbers we've got in, it all feels a little bit QPR, which makes me feel dirty. And not in a good way.

Still, it is looking like a squad that could make the top six if they all settle and gel. That's quite a big if though.

And if we did get promoted Clarke would have to do the same again next season as almost half the first team could end up back at their parent clubs.

y-eeees...

Although if we got promoted, we'd almost certainly want to upgrade on Taylor, Fernandez is a view to perm isn't he? So we'd either keep him or want better, I could see Piazon getting another year's loan here to test his PL credentials. Hector similarly maybe. Which leaves Vydra and possibly John.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2015 18:32

Come on, announce it! Getting nervous.

Mr Cinema

by Mr Cinema » 01 Sep 2015 18:34

Totally agree Mr Royal. It's typical of a Labour Councils spend spend spend policy which will ruin our beloved club.Also all these foreigners are destroying our clubs cultural identity. It'll be a sad day when 20 goal a season Vydra and a Brazilian wonder kid keep an honest Tilehurst lad like Cox out of the side.

Of course they'll be football "experts" who will say we're looking at how the promoted sides from last season went up and concluded we can't pay Norwich wages or Bournemouth transfer fees but we can scour the continents for creative, generally better vfm types as Watford did.

But I say they're talking out of their bottoms.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 18:40

Ian Royal y-eeees...

Although if we got promoted, we'd almost certainly want to upgrade on Taylor, Fernandez is a view to perm isn't he? So we'd either keep him or want better, I could see Piazon getting another year's loan here to test his PL credentials. Hector similarly maybe. Which leaves Vydra and possibly John.

To be honest Ian I've sort of lost track as to who is permanent, loaned in, loaned out, for sale, not for sale, sold, sold and loaned back, loaned with a buy clause or otherwise.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Matej Vydra

by RoyallyFcuked » 01 Sep 2015 18:40

strap
ScepticalRoyal What a signing! This has now 100% been the best transfer window I can remember. Guaranteed goals in the Champ with Vydra and if Hec goes I'd like another CB but even if that doesn't happen i'll be over the moon. :shock: URZ!

I recall other sayign somethign similar when we signed Pog, Williams and Drenthe a couple of years back - and look how THAT turned out!

Frankly Clarke is behaving like a spoilt kid in a toy shop just having been given some money from a rich uncle.

"I want that one .. and that one ... and one of those .... can I have another one of these please? PLEASE!?. No? Well what if I sell one my other toys ythat I've grown bored with, THEN can I have that nice new shiny one?"

Clarke is seriously pissing me off spunking up £3.5M on a loanee for 1 season, and funding it by flogging one of our future stars. Clarke is totally and utterly out of his depth.

That is a ridiculous statement, its looking like Clarke has put together the best Reading squad seen in years this summer. If Hector has a £4m release clause in his contract then there isn't much we can do about it. I think the deal may still have happened had we not sold Hector but why not use the money to strengthen in area we desperately needed to (striker)?

This is completely different to Pog and Drenthe because they're wages were higher, and Pog had a huge signing on fee. And unlike Pog, Vydra is proven at this level and for Piazon this is basically a step down before stepping back up again. The difference is this time, it is money well spent.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 01 Sep 2015 18:41

Because we've been promoted twice in the last decade by going down the spend spend spend route....

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Sep 2015 18:42

So how many loanees are we allowed? if Vydra is confirmed that makes it 5.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 01 Sep 2015 18:43

Actually I'll qualify that by saying I was shocked when we spent £1m on Lita, which I thought was ambitious and ridiculous at the same time. Still, it paid off, so what do I know.....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Sep 2015 18:45

windermere_royal So how many loanees are we allowed? if Vydra is confirmed that makes it 5.

Think we're allowed as many loan players as we want but no more than 5 in a matchday squad and no more than 4 total from a single team.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Sep 2015 18:46

windermere_royal So how many loanees are we allowed? if Vydra is confirmed that makes it 5.

You can have as many loanees as you like (in the Football League), but no more than 5 can make the matchday squad.

Hector, Taylor, Fernandez, Piazon, John, Vydra - doesn't give us much wiggle room.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Sep 2015 18:51

I'm a bit meh with all the hand wringing about spending £2m on a player with a proven track record in this league, even if just for a year when a week ago, everyone was wetting themselves over the prospect of spending £4m on someone from the Austrian league.

It seems to me that this window's spending has been financed by a small amount of investment from the owners coupled with a significant reduction in the wage bill and transfer income from selling our 3rd choice centre back. This really doesn't seem to bear too much rememblance to the goings on at QPR, Portsmouth or with us under Zingaravich.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 01 Sep 2015 18:51

Clause in the deal that we pay £10m to make the move permanent if we go up.

Couldn't figure out if the 2.2m comes off that.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2015 18:52

gazmandu

by gazmandu » 01 Sep 2015 18:54

From Despair To Where? I'm a bit meh with all the hand wringing about spending £2m on a player with a proven track record in this league, even if just for a year when a week ago, everyone was wetting themselves over the prospect of spending £4m on someone from the Austrian league.

It seems to me that this window's spending has been financed by a small amount of investment from the owners coupled with a significant reduction in the wage bill and transfer income from selling our 3rd choice centre back. This really doesn't seem to bear too much rememblance to the goings on at QPR, Portsmouth or with us under Zingaravich.

Agreed - people worrying about nowt here.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 01 Sep 2015 18:57

From Despair To Where? I'm a bit meh with all the hand wringing about spending £2m on a player with a proven track record in this league, even if just for a year when a week ago, everyone was wetting themselves over the prospect of spending £4m on someone from the Austrian league.

I think you have it spot on there.

QPR signed a lot of over the hill, ageing players looking for their final pay check, too many average players on big money.

We had a few average players on big money thanks to AZ but all these are gone now, and unlike with AZ it appears we have spent money wisely.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2015 18:59

I don't think there's a financial comparison, more a weight of numbers in terms of ins and outs.

Didn't work last year? Throw the baby out with the bathwater and start again this year.

I've made emotional attachments to these players damnit. I'm invested. Now I've got to do that for an entire new XI, some of whom won't be here next year.

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 19:03

Looks like he doesn't need great service to score goals, which will suit us!

Delboy

by Delboy » 01 Sep 2015 19:08

Was Beric a smokescreen were we after Vydra all the time ?

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 01 Sep 2015 19:16

Reports suggest that Reading have agreed to pay Watford £10m should they gain promotion this season.

The fee is all part of the deal they have struck to bring striker Matej Vydra to Madejski Stadium.

Royals have initially paid £2.5m up front to land the frontman on loan for the season and they will also cover his wages.

But should they secure promotion to the Premier League, the Czech international will join on a permanent basis for £10m.

301 posts