CONFIRMED - Michael Hector to Chelsea

323 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Michael Hector to Palace

by Hoop Blah » 01 Sep 2015 13:54

I don't think Mills went for quite that much to be fair and he had a better pedigree than Hector anyway , but yeah, that's not a bad example of a club paying over the odds.

Mings is a very good example. I've no idea how they managed to get that much for him to be honest and I think everyone was a bit gobsmacked at it if I remember rightly. I do accept it shows the potential of stupid spending though. I still wouldn't say it was the going rate mind.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 01 Sep 2015 13:59

lol @ the apologists in here. £4m is chump change. Heads should roll

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 01 Sep 2015 13:59

Hoop Blah I don't think Mills went for quite that much to be fair and he had a better pedigree than Hector anyway , but yeah, that's not a bad example of a club paying over the odds.

Mings is a very good example. I've no idea how they managed to get that much for him to be honest and I think everyone was a bit gobsmacked at it if I remember rightly. I do accept it shows the potential of stupid spending though. I still wouldn't say it was the going rate mind.

You get that money by standing firm and saying no to clubs. Then they may come back with stupid money or they may not.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Hector to Chelsea (SSN)

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Sep 2015 14:05

£4m not enough for him IMO. Bit disappointed if this comes off.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Sep 2015 14:08

The point is though that this is supposedly a release clause that Hector negotiated into his contract renewal over the summer.

I'm assuming he wouldn't have signed a new contract without a realistic fee written into it and so we can't just play hard ball and send clubs (or Hector) away for a better fee. We'd have run the risk of losing him for next to nothing instead.

That's not being a club apologist by the way, it's just being a realist.

Blue&White Mage

by Blue&White Mage » 01 Sep 2015 14:11

Some of us are saying though this is below a realistic fee - i,d say 6m was realistic and id want add ons as well

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 01 Sep 2015 14:11

I have no idea what Chelsea are doing.

£4m for Hector is probably about right, but what do Chelsea want of him?!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Sep 2015 14:16

Blue&White Mage Some of us are saying though this is below a realistic fee - i,d say 6m was realistic and id want add ons as well

Maybe so, but you're putting a made up figure against his value without taking into account the whole of the situation.

Obviously I'd say that £4m is a more than adequate valuation of him in todays market (Mings being a great example of how stupid it can get) but even if it was £6m, Hector was holding all the cards and dictating the release clause so in that scenario the valuation is artificially set.

£4m or an average Championship defender is still good money in my opinion.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 01 Sep 2015 14:18

£4m is a reasonable figure for a defender who really isn't that proven. He may come good and develop into a class player, but he sure as heck isn't yet; and at the age of 23 - I think it's a big risk on Chelsea's part.

Clem Fandango

by Clem Fandango » 01 Sep 2015 14:21

CFC won't play him obviously, they must see some potential there though

They will loan him straight back to us surely....

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 01 Sep 2015 14:34

Agree with Hoops that this is about the right price.
Unfortunately for us with signings like McShane and Ferdinand, 2 players somewhere between Championship and Premier League standard and in the case of Ferdinand now too old/injury-prone for the Premier League,it looks as though we are building a side to stay in the Championship.
That may well be o.k. with the club then trying to build from that stability but with McCarthy, Jem and now Hector going it feels more as though we are a journeymen club rather than one building for a future.
Why does it take so long to get rid of those like Church (stayed far too long) and Robson-Kanu who (mainly) came through our system as well?
The obvious answer must be that they are not good enough and so not wanted elsewhere but whereas we might have built a side round McCarthy, Jem and Hector we surely won't build a challenging side around the enormous width of HRK.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 14:36

BR2 Agree with Hoops that this is about the right price.
Unfortunately for us with signings like McShane and Ferdinand, 2 players somewhere between Championship and Premier League standard and in the case of Ferdinand now too old/injury-prone for the Premier League,it looks as though we are building a side to stay in the Championship.
That may well be o.k. with the club then trying to build from that stability but with McCarthy, Jem and now Hector going it feels more as though we are a journeymen club rather than one building for a future.
Why does it take so long to get rid of those like Church (stayed far too long) and Robson-Kanu who (mainly) came through our system as well?
The obvious answer must be that they are not good enough and so not wanted elsewhere but whereas we might have built a side round McCarthy, Jem and Hector we surely won't build a challenging side around the enormous width of HRK.

I stopped reading after this. :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Hector to Chelsea (SSN)

by sandman » 01 Sep 2015 14:39

MmmMonsterMunch £4m not enough for him IMO. Bit disappointed if this comes off.

More than enough for a player who is still far from the finished article and at 23 doesn't have that long to fulfil his potential.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Sep 2015 14:40

BR2 Agree with Hoops that this is about the right price.

Jesus wept.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Michael Hector to Palace/Chelsea

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 14:45

I like that bit of SSN witch just compared Hector to Stones and came to the conclusion that Stones is better.

No shit SSN, no shit.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2015 14:47

PistolPete I have no idea what Chelsea are doing.

£4m for Hector is probably about right, but what do Chelsea want of him?!

They are running out of players to loan to other clubs so need to restock!

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 01 Sep 2015 14:48

CountryRoyal I like that bit of SSN witch just compared Hector to Stones and came to the conclusion that Stones is better.

No shit SSN, no shit.

Saw that too......damn guess that means we're getting slightly less than 30m then?!?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Sep 2015 14:51

Just to clarify, that was me being tricked by a fake account, rather than me being a dick...

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 14:51

Pepe the Horseman Just to clarify, that was me being tricked by a fake account, rather than me being a dick...

Charles Watts ‏@charles_watts 1 min1 minute ago
That Hector tweet came from a fake account. Nothing to do with me. Move still on. #readingfc

:lol:
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 01 Sep 2015 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 14:52

Pepe the Horseman Just to clarify, that was me being tricked by a fake account, rather than me being a dick...

You're a dick regardless

<3

323 posts