CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

158 posts
blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

by blueroyals » 27 Aug 2015 23:20

Steve_Upper_West
Ian Royal OMFG This is so awesome. Bye bye you overpaid goalshy failure. Good riddance.

Never thought I would agree with Dave-Royal "Good Luck Pog", but he has remarkably shown a lot more class than you... as for our departing Russian he certainly has better manners than you and probably, better English than Dave :)

Racist :!: :!: :!:

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 23:21

genome I'll be glad when school starts again.

Why? Are you finally going grow a sense of humour and a personality whilst gathering some much needed football knowledge when you go back there this year?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2015 23:24

Too easy.

It's only the internet guys, lighten up :!:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Aug 2015 23:27

THE HUMAN BISCUIT I haven't wanted to mention this before, in case it jinxed things, but 'pogreb' means 'funeral' in Russian, so Pogrebnyak translates as something like 'son of an undertaker'. So how come he didn't bury a few more chances?

Are you sure about that? I thought Погреб meant "cellar" (source: Wikipedia and Google Translate). "Pogreb" is Slovenian for "funeral", but he isn't Slovenian.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 27 Aug 2015 23:31

genome Too easy.

It's only the internet guys, lighten up :!:

You are clueless to be fair.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2015 23:36

Considering you seem to think that about anyone who has a slightly differing view to your own, I'll live with my affliction.

Edit: Hang on, didn't you basically share my views on the Pog deal?
Last edited by genome on 27 Aug 2015 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 23:39

Ian Royal And besides, you can still be delighted we've got shot of his wage even if you blame the club for offering it.

I don't really blame the club, I just blame Anton.

With Pog gone, so has the last of the canker that has infested the club since the that shyster got involved, which can only be a good thing.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Aug 2015 00:23

RoyallyFcuked
With Pog gone, so has the last of the canker that has infested the club since the that shyster got involved, which can only be a good thing.

New era is truly on the horizon. Ranking to be the best transfer window in Readings history. More so considering the doom and gloom when the players simply walked out on rather than sign new contracts. Wonder what they think now.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Aug 2015 00:30

Lacoste
genome I think it's safe to say RoyallyFcuked, Lacoste and blueroyals truly define the term "mongboard"

I'll be glad when school starts again.

From a poster who's proven himself over time to be clueless about football :lol:

Just objective views mate. It's easy to just say someone's shit without looking at the circumstances and just that little bit deeper.

Oh and the 'when does school start' line has been done to death, think of something more original you follower..... bahhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhh

Nice intro x

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 28 Aug 2015 01:25

One of the most likeable players we've had, tbh. Mainly because people got really worked up by him and he couldn't give a shit.

Especially if he wound up mongs like Ian Royal and RoyallyFucked.

RoyalAuzzie

by RoyalAuzzie » 28 Aug 2015 01:40

I'm glad that he's gone... He never really impressed often and was prone to mistakes.

Yet if I were to see him now I would give him a firm shake of the hand and wish him all the best.... He came across as a likeable character yet has always had to live with a wage cloud hanging over his head which is what many people unfairly judged him on.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 28 Aug 2015 02:26

I think it is best for all parties. Frees up money for us and he was never a good fit for the team.

Always gave a good effort. Was very professional in how he handled himself. Wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 28 Aug 2015 07:01

RoyallyFcuked
Yeah whatever m8

Want some polyfilla to fill in that chip on your shoulder?

oxf*rd me

I'm 47 and I must have heard the phrase a thousand times and that's the first time I have ever imagined chip meaning anything other than a deep-fried potato shape.

That's two things I have now learned from hobnob.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 28 Aug 2015 08:20

Well this was completely out of the blue - no rumours and no speculation. I thought he would just run his contract down and we'd be stuck with him for another season.

Seemed a decent enough bloke but not really a striker - if even a footballer at all. Couldn't jump, no pace, couldn't trap a bag of cement, pretty dreadful at shielding the ball and holding it up and no idea how to play the lone forward role. All in all, a massive waste of the vast wages he's been on.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Aug 2015 08:30

I suggest those that say Pog couldn't score take the trouble to check his record whilst he was with us. Given the poor way the team was performing during a lot of that time, it's not a bad record.

The other ludicrous criticisms aren't worthy of a response.

Interesting to see Charles Watts tweet that Pog usually laughed at him when he asked for an interview and his normal response to what he thought of the ref was 'sh*t' !

A good player, a character and seemingly a nice guy.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Aug 2015 08:43

RoyalBlue I suggest those that say Pog couldn't score take the trouble to check his record whilst he was with us. Given the poor way the team was performing during a lot of that time, it's not a bad record.

Interesting to see Charles Watts tweet that Pog usually laughed at him when he asked for an interview and his normal response to what he thought of the ref was 'sh*t' !

As our out and out striker 24 goals in 93 games tells it's own story. He was not good enough and not the right player for us anyway.

Appears to be a nice guy but delighted he has gone. Never any progress with the team whilst he is still available for selection.

Exciting now that this free's up significant cash for the striker we have been craving albeit a Beric or Wells type player.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Aug 2015 08:51

paultheroyal
RoyalBlue I suggest those that say Pog couldn't score take the trouble to check his record whilst he was with us. Given the poor way the team was performing during a lot of that time, it's not a bad record.

As our out and out striker 24 goals in 93 games tells it's own story

I think 24 goals in 93 games is fairly decent considering the service he was getting for most of that time

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 28 Aug 2015 09:01

Wahey! Best transfer of the summer.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2015 09:23

Jack Celliers
RoyallyFcuked
Yeah whatever m8

Want some polyfilla to fill in that chip on your shoulder?

oxf*rd me

I'm 47 and I must have heard the phrase a thousand times and that's the first time I have ever imagined chip meaning anything other than a deep-fried potato shape.

That's two things I have now learned from hobnob.

The phrase actually derives from a chip of wood, so you couldn't fill that either.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 28 Aug 2015 09:38

Cannot believe Pog has gone! :(

We had better get a good striker in now. Thought Pog was going to have a reeeeally good season this year, especially if we could find a decent ball-playing striker to accompany him.

GAH. HMPH. PFFF. All the frustrated noises.

158 posts