Fave transfer window ever?

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Fave transfer window ever?

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 31 Aug 2015 20:45

Retrospectively you could say Convey, Long, Doyle and Lita in one Summer was brilliant, but this one for potential has been so exciting.

Those that have played already (Sa, McShane, Quinn) have been excellent and there's no reason to doubt that the others will be. There's a real feel-good factor around the club at the moment and Sasima bless her has really set the tone for that.

My season ticket feels like especially good value right now. I'm sure the Festival drugs will wear off soon though and the lack of serotonin over the next few days will ware that off.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Fave transfer window ever?

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Aug 2015 20:55

Definitely the best I can remember,

11 players in, 9 of them improving the squad and the other 2 are low risk gambles with a lot of potential and only 1 of the players who left is really being missed to any degree at the moment (Federici).

I should point out that Convey the year before the other three and was totally forgettable (ok, totally shit) for that first season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2015 21:14

From Despair To Where? Definitely the best I can remember,

11 players in, 9 of them improving the squad and the other 2 are low risk gambles with a lot of potential and only 1 of the players who left is really being missed to any degree at the moment (Federici).

I should point out that Convey the year before the other three and was totally forgettable (ok, totally shit) for that first season.

Yeah, swap out Convey for Gunnarsson.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 31 Aug 2015 21:35

Butler and Cureton came on during the same summer I think, which was memorable given how we shot out of the blocks in the 2000-01 season.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 31 Aug 2015 21:55

Winchester Royal Butler and Cureton came on during the same summer I think, which was memorable given how we shot out of the blocks in the 2000-01 season.

No Butler came the winter transfer window before Cureton arrived....Cureton and Rougier arrived in the following summer window.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 31 Aug 2015 23:12

I'd say this is my fav transfer window, the owners deserve a fair bit of credit for the way they have came in, steadied the ship so to say and gave SC the backing he needed to improve a squad which was clearly in decline

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 01 Sep 2015 08:12

January 2012. Zingarevich had just arrived, the team had just found some form and Jason Roberts came in and was a season changing signing with the likes of Connolly and Cwyka adding steady depth. Little did we know how would that season and the years after play out.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Sep 2015 11:19

At the time, Tommy Burns signing 7 players on deadline day was quite exciting.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Sep 2015 11:29

I liked it when we signed Wayne Bridge and Royston Drenthe.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2015 11:38

Most sexual transfer window ever.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 01 Sep 2015 11:44

its all a bit :shock:

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 01 Sep 2015 12:02

If we get Vydra then this one.

Although I do remember being quie excited when we signed Bryniesta, Doyle, Long , Lita and Baradji (loan) in the summer of 05.

This summer though chas the potential from turning us from a bottom half to a team more than capable of reaching the play-offs.

Niko

by Niko » 01 Sep 2015 12:33

Not sure how people can say this current transfer window is their favourite, when a) it's not even over yet and b) we've only won 1 out of 5 league games, and a number of signed players are still to even make an appearance for us.

Time will tell whether or not this has been a fruitful summer of signings, I'm optimistic but so far it seems to me a bit early to be making such bold statements.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 01 Sep 2015 12:40

Samrfc01 If we get Vydra then this one.

Although I do remember being quie excited when we signed Bryniesta, Doyle, Long , Lita and Baradji (loan) in the summer of 05.

This summer though chas the potential from turning us from a bottom half to a team more than capable of reaching the play-offs.

Really? What was it about signing a Watford sub, two unknown youth players from Cork City, a decent League One striker and a reserve midfielder released by a relegated Ligue 1 team that made you quite excited? Would you prefer it if we'd done the same again?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Sep 2015 12:43

Niko Not sure how people can say this current transfer window is their favourite, when a) it's not even over yet and b) we've only won 1 out of 5 league games, and a number of signed players are still to even make an appearance for us.

Time will tell whether or not this has been a fruitful summer of signings, I'm optimistic but so far it seems to me a bit early to be making such bold statements.

If you want to go down that route you could also say we've only lost 1 in 5, sounds just as impressive as 1 win in 5 sounds rubbish.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Sep 2015 12:56

Niko Not sure how people can say this current transfer window is their favourite, when a) it's not even over yet and b) we've only won 1 out of 5 league games, and a number of signed players are still to even make an appearance for us.

Quite simple really, cast your mind back to the last week of June, doom and gloom, we're letting the backbone of our team walk away without a fight, we've no money to strengthen, the owners won't invest, we're sleepwalking to relegation blah blah blah.

Fast forward and the owners have backed the manager in the window to an extent that not even the most optimistic dared to talk about, we are looking solid on the pitch, playing decent football and for the first time in 2 years, people are being optimistic and no-one's given a second thought about the players who left. The transformation in the spirit at the club in a little over 2 months is fantastic.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 01 Sep 2015 17:28

pea
Samrfc01 If we get Vydra then this one.

Really? What was it about signing a Watford sub, two unknown youth players from Cork City, a decent League One striker and a reserve midfielder released by a relegated Ligue 1 team that made you quite excited? Would you prefer it if we'd done the same again?

I was about to write exactly the same.

I don't believe anyone who says they were excited about Doyle and Long

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Sep 2015 17:31

genome Most sexual transfer window ever.

This, players and fans coming alike

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 01 Sep 2015 17:34

I've had to change my trousers twice already today - and there's still 30 minutes of the transfer window to go.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 01 Sep 2015 17:35

It's been by far the best transfer window I can remember in 20 plus years watching us. FIFA Career Mode will be a kunt at the end of the 2015/16 season when half the squad return to their clubs though. :wink: