BFTG . Derby

128 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG . Derby

by windermere_royal » 15 Sep 2015 22:35

Well back to earth with a relative bump after the high of Friday. we all knew that Derby would be a completely different ball game to Ipswich. and so it proved.
Having said that we showed enough in the first half to me that we could get a result. restricting the rams to nothing more than a few hopeless crosses. Bond was untroubled. but a moment of Madness from Sa just before HT undid all the good work from the first 45 and put us on the backfoot for the entire second half. and in reality we rarely looked like scoring.
Derby look a decent side and they pressed hard, we held firm, but Ince scored from Derby`s only shot on target in the entire game, that i can remember anyway.
Not too downhearted, because in the first half we were much the better team,

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG . Derby

by Angry Shed Sex » 15 Sep 2015 22:37

Tim and Mick weren't very complimentary about Bond for the goal.

Sounded like we couldn't fault the lads for effort. Can't ask much more with only 10 men. Also sounded like we needed to bring McCleery on 10 minutes before we did.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 15 Sep 2015 22:41

Angry Shed Sex Tim and Mick weren't very complimentary about Bond for the goal.

Sounded like we couldn't fault the lads for effort. Can't ask much more with only 10 men. Also sounded like we needed to bring McCleery on 10 minutes before we did.

yes he did appear to dive out of the way of it. not convinced about him yet. he hasnt made a decent save yet.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Sep 2015 22:44

windermere_royal Well back to earth with a relative bump after the high of Friday. we all knew that Derby would be a completely different ball game to Ipswich. and so it proved.
Having said that we showed enough in the first half to me that we could get a result. restricting the rams to nothing more than a few hopeless crosses. Bond was untroubled. but a moment of Madness from Sa just before HT undid all the good work from the first 45 and put us on the backfoot for the entire second half. and in reality we rarely looked like scoring.
Derby look a decent side and they pressed hard, we held firm, but Ince scored from Derby`s only shot on target in the entire game, that i can remember anyway.
Not too downhearted, because in the first half we were much the better team,

They really didn't, we'll finish above them (although we'll need a better keeper to do so).

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 15 Sep 2015 22:46

Went far too deep after going a man down, Derby exploited the tactical weakness well. In the end it looked more like we were down to nine men, not ten.

Up until the sending off we were superb. Anyone that saw the incident is sure it was a straight red. The referee was far too sure about it to be a judgement call. The problem was Sa was (alongside Norwood) by some margin our most effective player.

Vydra's touch is poor but work rate excellent. Blackman looked dangerous and kept going until the end. Not sure Bond can be blamed for what was a very well worked goal.

But anyone who says it can be harder to play against ten men only need look at how Derby went about it to see what utter nonsense that is.

Disappointing, obviously, but expectation were getting so ridiculous it may in the long run not be such a bad thing.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Sep 2015 22:47

I'll probably regret saying this, but I don't think Derby will be challenging at the end of the season. They didn't look as good as last year imho. Their style of play reminded me a lot of most of our football last season. Quite slow, not a great deal up front and Chris Martin makes Pogrebnyak look quick and mobile, and falls over more. Very unimpressed. Ipswich looked a much greater threat until the third goal went in.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 15 Sep 2015 23:00

I saw the incident in full. Shackel(?) held on to Sa's shirt. Sa tries to move away, Shackel (pcunt) doesn't let go so Sa headbuts him. Not even subtle, no holding back. The ref was miles away and didn't see it. However, Sa did this about 4 yards away from the lino who did see it and told the ref to send him off.

Clarke said even Sky didn't catch it so our chances of seeing it again/appealing are minimal.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 15 Sep 2015 23:06

Tish awesome, but thought Vydra was weak link in first half and Derby were marking Blackman really closely.

When we went down to 10 I though Clarke screwed up the tactics and McCleary just had an aimless floating role when he came on

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 15 Sep 2015 23:13

Comments on Vydra are extremely harsh. He played no different than he did on Friday it's just we didn't score or win.

His touches when we had Sa on the pitch are superb at times. They can often only be simple but they allow us to keep moving forward and he pulls defenders around with his movement. The problem is (as I think was stated when we signed him) he can't play up front alone and he needs a Sa type with him, which obviously was a problem once Sa was sent off.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 15 Sep 2015 23:16

Will be good to get a proper look at piazon I guess

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 15 Sep 2015 23:18

We all feel let down and I'm sure SA is reliving the moment BUT this is why Clarke drafted in quality to give us depth and options to cover incidents like these. 3 games without SA and points lost tonight BUT opportunities now for another/others. Be interesting to see how we set up against Bristol and who grabs the headlines,

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Sep 2015 23:19

URZZZZZ Will be good to get a proper look at piazon I guess

reckon we might see HRK up front for the next three games; or Blackman up front with McCleary coming in as the right wing / forward

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 15 Sep 2015 23:23

Vydar and Blackman up front for me.

biff

by biff » 15 Sep 2015 23:27

Not too much to worry about, still a very good passing perfomance really. Sa lost us that one. Derby bang average and very fortunate, their fans will dine out on that all year. Worst chant of the season thus far re; "we built your aeroplanes".

Special mention to the bint y26 row I 256ish for being the only person in the world more irritating than the fcking PA announcer. Shut the fck up.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Sep 2015 23:28

Undone by a bit of stupidity by Sa because otherwise we were better than a very disappointing Derby side. Felt Bond could have done a bit better with the goal as the shot didn't look like it was the hardest in the world. Having watched him palm the ball into his own net a couple of times in the warm up something like that was always likely to happen.

McShane, Norwood and Tshibola were the pick of the bunch for me but again everyone played well, especially in the first half.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Sep 2015 23:29

Well that was a bit disappointing. Apologies for being a Jonah.

I thought we looked pretty good, but maybe suffering from a slight big win hangover. A bit more long ball than I was expecting, especially given the excellent and intricate stuff we played plenty of too. It didn't quite hang together and come off though and still looked like a team getting to know each other. Too many passes not quite weighted or placed right, or just a little too cute and intricate. Small margins though.

Didn't see the incident for Sa;s red but that really screwed us from being mostly in charge, though Derby looked tidy, to being under the cosh a bit without much out ball.

Bond - 6 maybe could have done better with the goal
Gunter - 7 I'm not his biggest fan, but he did a job, should really have scored at the end, or at least hit the target
Obita - 7 steady game
McShane - 8 class player by the look
Hector - 6 definitely missing something from last season. Too many loose passes and long punts.
Norwood - 8 He looks really good now we've got some movement and quality. Nearly another stunner in the first half too.
Tshibola - 8 MotM This guy has it all. I really like him
Quinn - 7 Pretty impressive when Quinn puts in a good performance and looks to be the weakest link in midfield
Blackman - 7 couldn't finish today, but he's dangerous. Faded a lot when put up on his own. He's a wide forward for sure, not a striker or winger
Vydra - 6 definitely got skill but wasn't his day
Sa - 5 similar, but there's no excuses for giving the ref the chance to send you off for violent conduct off the ball

Subs, not bad =, but not good enough. Williams is not aright midfielder, he is very weak on the defensive duties.

Strange subs from Clarke that seemed to constantly shift us about.

We gave it a good go and on that showing we'll have a decent showing. But we're likely to miss Sa assuming there isn't a successful appeal.

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 15 Sep 2015 23:30

Can't get too down hearted. We were pretty decent in the first half and at least deserved a point overall. But we were always going to be up against it after the sending off against a solid if unspectacular Derby. I didn't see the incident but of it was as is reported then Sa is an idiot and Clarke will no doubt read him the riot act. From where I was sitting there didn't seem to be too much Bond could have done about the goal. Don't really understand the stick he seems to be getting from some quarters. He's a young lad and needs support. It's not like the option on the bench is any better. A disappointing easy in which to end the unbeaten record but, as a former manager once said, we take the positives 'and move on'. And by the way, Ollie Norwood is quality.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 15 Sep 2015 23:37

Vydra's touch was so bad today. What the hell was up with him?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 15 Sep 2015 23:39

Sa hero to vilan and let his team down the stupid twat . I think we could have won the game after such a great first half display,there was five minutes where we won every ball and I've not heard a noise or support of the like for a long time . Future bodes well judged on last few games, we'll finish above Derby end of season no doubt

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Sep 2015 23:41

Schmeichel the dog Can't get too down hearted. We were pretty decent in the first half and at least deserved a point overall. But we were always going to be up against it after the sending off against a solid if unspectacular Derby. I didn't see the incident but of it was as is reported then Sa is an idiot and Clarke will no doubt read him the riot act. From where I was sitting there didn't seem to be too much Bond could have done about the goal. Don't really understand the stick he seems to be getting from some quarters. He's a young lad and needs support. It's not like the option on the bench is any better. A disappointing easy in which to end the unbeaten record but, as a former manager once said, we take the positives 'and move on'. And by the way, Ollie Norwood is quality.

He's not a school boy but he needs to learn and learn quickly. Luckily Clarke has strengthened the defence because he's weakened the goalkeeping department on and off the pitch.
Last edited by sandman on 16 Sep 2015 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

128 posts