BFTG Everton

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Everton

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Sep 2015 16:32

What I noticed most was at the shooting practice pre-match.
New boys seemed much better at finishing................except John.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2015 17:17

I presume it was Taylor being regularly rinsed by their right wing in the first half? Must've been some good half-time coaching as he looked brilliant second half. Obita is going to have to be in top form to keep his place.

Blackman now works his socks off and deserved his goal.

Hector decent enough but a crude block to give away the free kick that was the second goal.

Cooper was simply awesome and my MoM. He can dine out on that performance for a few years, a fantastic performance for a twenty-year old against a really difficult striker in Lukaku.

I really liked the look of midfield/attack. Considering they had not played together they were very good indeed. Goalkeeper excepted I'd say that starting 11 would be at least mid-table in the Championship and IMO this is the greatest depth the squad has ever had.

Our goal was a peach. The move VG, the cross excellent but "made" by Blackman's desire.

The midfield seemed very balanced, fluid, and apart from a few through balls which didn't work (mostly from Fernandez) they looked very comfortable together, always showing for the ball. SC has them well-drilled. Tish was again excellent and will play at a higher level for sure.

For me the keeping let us down. I believe Federici or McCarthy would've stopped both goals. That has to be a worry. Al-Habsi also had a moment when he should have come out to close down the attacker, hesitated then had to make what turned out to be a good save.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Sep 2015 18:34

Gordons Cumming What I noticed most was at the shooting practice pre-match.
New boys seemed much better at finishing................except John.

Was watching them pre-match vs Derby and no-one could hit a barn door except John who was continually banging in 'oooh' and 'aaaah' efforts.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Sep 2015 19:49

East Grinstead Royal
The football I've seen on TV and Stream is the most pleasing on the eye since the days of McGhee / Jim and Mick

I didn't see a lot of that side, but few would argue that Coppell's side between 2005 and 2007 was the best we've ever had. .

Oh indeed - but I said "most pleasing on the eye" not "best".

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Sep 2015 21:10

The Thais have backed Clarke and enabled him to assemble a fantastic set of 'tools' (squad), which is only lacking quality in one area. It will now be interesting to see how well he can use those tools. On the basis of what we have seen so far, they should be a match for anyone in this division.

In terms of footballing quality, I reckon we may have something approaching the 106 squad and with greater depth.

The real test will be how well Clarke can tackle poor patches of form that will inevitably come. If he is as good as Coppell and McDermott were, then we will probably end up with our best team ever (particularly if he can get us a keeper better than the two we currently have).

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Sep 2015 22:41

Jake Cooper emptying his pockets after the game last night

*Car keys*
*Wallet*
*Phone*
*Romelu Lukaku*

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict