Are you?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 194
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Are to unhappy Steve Clark is staying?

by CountryRoyal » 19 Nov 2015 20:07

sandman Truth hurts doesn't it?

Not as much your arse will when you pull your head out of it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Nov 2015 20:13

Ladies please

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Nov 2015 20:15

leon Ladies please

She started it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Nov 2015 20:18

sandman
leon Ladies please

She started it.

Bitch please.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Nov 2015 20:45

strap Clarke - go and do one you oxf*rd Scottish waste of oxf*rd space. oxf*rd charlatan pcunt - just like all the other oxf*rd useless oxf*rd Scottish tw@ts we've ever had as oxf*rd so called "managers".

And when you've oxf*rd off there - oxf*rd off some more, then oxf*rd off as below you oxf*rd Scottish judas pcunt.

oxf*rd CLARKE OUT!!!

Just my thoughts sitting on the fence.

Fcking hell, m8

Then I remembered you were UKIP.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Nov 2015 20:46

Strap on, more like

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 19 Nov 2015 21:04

LUX
Fcking hell, m8

Then I remembered you were UKIP.

Well I was until they got all liberal and soft luvvy duvvy! :wink:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 19 Nov 2015 21:13

This is almost as bad as when mcdermott wanted to go to wolves until we gave him a massive pay rise

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Nov 2015 21:17

Oh so we hate Clarke now? Can't wait till you're all singing Stevie Clarke's barmy army on Saturday then.

msmivie

by msmivie » 19 Nov 2015 21:20

IF he even wants to talk to Fulham, it highlights that he is NOT 100% committed to the Reading cause!
I seriously hope that he goes, and asap

Chipp Royals

by Chipp Royals » 19 Nov 2015 21:29

I still find it strange Clarke took training as normal, not exactly normal football behaviour if you are wanting a new job... I reckon the club had more to do with this then realised. Fulham made approach to Reading (media started to get hold of it), Reading eventually said yes (thinking we might get compensation and not fully convinced in Clarke), Clarke went to chat then said no.

So now we get the fans wanting his head, therefore forcing the club to consider sacking Clarke. Now all of a sudden Clarke is quids in, a) He would be due pay off from Reading, and secondly knows other clubs will employ him, WIN WIN..Its not a bad life being a manager in top 2 divisions, 5 years couple of sackings -> set up for life. Also if Reading FC did accept thinking money money money then they were bloody stupid....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Nov 2015 21:43

Chipp Royals I still find it strange Clarke took training as normal, not exactly normal football behaviour if you are wanting a new job... I reckon the club had more to do with this then realised. Fulham made approach to Reading (media started to get hold of it), Reading eventually said yes (thinking we might get compensation and not fully convinced in Clarke), Clarke went to chat then said no.

So now we get the fans wanting his head, therefore forcing the club to consider sacking Clarke. Now all of a sudden Clarke is quids in, a) He would be due pay off from Reading, and secondly knows other clubs will employ him, WIN WIN..Its not a bad life being a manager in top 2 divisions, 5 years couple of sackings -> set up for life. Also if Reading FC did accept thinking money money money then they were bloody stupid....

Training as normal doesn't sound like someone on the way out of the door. Clarke was Fulham's second choice so hardly a ringing endorsement. Have to say listening to the media interviews Clarke has done over the past 11 months. He is very straightforward and says it as it is. A man of integrity. A manager in the Reading mould. I'm sure that the board in particular JM influenced the outcome as well. In a game where money now dominates. My personal view is that Clarke wishes to prove himself on the pitch. Money isn't what he wants.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 19 Nov 2015 22:01

So it now looks like the dust is settling and Steve Clarke is staying, how close he was to going ? the reasons behind these " rumours" ? we can all give suggestions but,unless someone comes out with the exact details on what has gone on, they will just be pure speculation.

It could be said that the club acted honourably in allowing him to speak to Fulham, maybe maybe not.

He has now decided to stay so it's up to everyone to get behind him and the team to get us out of this mini slump, starting against Bolton on Saturday, what has happened is done and dusted, so lets not linger on what might have been, its over so ...................for the time being anyway, although I will be much happier when Fulham have a new man in the Craven Cottage managers office

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Nov 2015 22:06

howser although I will be much happier when Fulham have a new man in the Craven Cottage managers office

Good to see stability at Reading when managers at other clubs are playing musical chairs. 11 months in the job for the average Championship manager is laughable. All these money grabbing foreign owners are screwing up the game.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 19 Nov 2015 22:24

What des "Are to" mean?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Nov 2015 22:38

Man Friday What des "Are to" mean?

Dunno, ask "See Three Pee Oh"

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!

Bobtail bob

by Bobtail bob » 19 Nov 2015 22:45

It's the Reading way

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Nov 2015 23:29

Crowbar6753
harry
Crowbar6753 We are now 48 hrs into this saga and still nothing from the club, a wee snippet of info would stop a lot of the negativity currently happening. Also i want to know what the feck is going on. Please

Could it be possible that nothing has gone on so there is nothing to say?

You could be 100% correct in your assumption, and i really wish that this is the case, but surely the club have a social media expert and can see the chaos which is currently happening whether true or false and just a quick statement would help the whole situation.

Given the club's firm 'no comment' that has been reported and that a routine press conference was cancelled and that we can be reasonably certain Clarke was a Fulham target and spoke to them, I think nothing's happened is definitely not the case.

How bad the something is is of course open to debate. I'm not in strap territory here (although I love an expletive filled rant as much as the next man), but writing this off as a non event is delusional, if only from the fan reaction in some places.

Fact is, Clarke is six months into proving himself as a manager and achieving himself with us (last year was a write off. He shouldn't be even remotely interested in anything else except a Premier League team. We're not relegation fodder and we've shown way more than midtable medicrity is possible.

If he's interested in looking at other middling options now then he's not committed enough and certainly over the last five games as well, he's not doing a good enough job.

This was the last thing we needed and as manager he has a responsibility to keep things together and positive with all aspects of the club, owners, staff players and fans. He has to make a clean break or be committed.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 19 Nov 2015 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Nov 2015 23:30

Quinniesta ‏@TheMightyRoyals 7h7 hours ago

Clarke walking back into #readingfc:

"Sorry lads, just picked up a mayo chicken for 99p"

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Nov 2015 06:41

The silence from the club is deafening.

If Clarke is going to jump at the first opportunity. He fack right off as far as I am concerned.

Disappointed as I was when this was rumoured. I hope he goes now

436 posts