QPR (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by Colin

151 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: QPR (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by Colin

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Dec 2015 22:39

That really was truly awful, absolutely dreadful.

Felt a bit sorry for Williams as he did put a decent shift in and looked virtually in tears at the end, but that was it really. Complete lack of confidence and a rotten feeling at the whole club. The goal felt like a sick joke, except it was true.

I don't even like to think about the money we've spunked on Vydra.

How we come back from that seems at this moment to be an impossibility.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 03 Dec 2015 22:40

royalsmudge but we're stuck with him

Says who? It's only the cost of his termination which would be any impediment to ditching him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Dec 2015 22:42

Royalcop
royalsmudge but we're stuck with him

Says who? It's only the cost of his termination which would be any impediment to ditching him.

Absolutely, and if we can afford to bid x million on Zardes we can afford to get rid of Clarke.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2015 22:47

Well the goalkeeping howler effectively cost us the princely reward of one point.....would we have really been happy with a 0-0?

Had we scored two goals, we would've gotten all three points even if we had played a "rush-goalie"

.....and that my wizened friends is where the real problem is

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Dec 2015 22:47

taipairoyal
Ian Royal Thanks to Al-Habsi for gifting a goal and turning a solid but poor quality point into nothinig

Please don't blame Al Habsi he only made one mistake

Not sure if serious? :|

How many mistakes has he made since he's been with us that have cost us goals, and more importantly, points. Ever since that free kick in Thailand the writing has been on the wall. We cheer and sing his name when he comes to collect the ball once, which is more testimony to our complete and utter shock that he's done something right. Utterly hopeless goal keeper. I'd sooner play Luke Southwood than ever see Ali Al-fookin-Habsi in goal for us again.

They only had 2 shots on target, if you can call them that, and both were ridiculously simple to save.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 03 Dec 2015 22:49

Why the oxf*rd do people want Pearson? He's just a twattier Nigel Adkins.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2015 22:50

worse still, thanks to fiicking $ky.....we have nothing to do Saturday and 10 bloody days to wait until the next offering.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Dec 2015 22:51

Al-Habsi is fcuking awful & I was horrified when we signed him. The 2 goalies have made more howlers this season so far than we've probably had in the previous 3 seasons. They're both sh1t & questions really need to be asked about why we went for these guys.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Dec 2015 22:53

AthleticoSpizz worse still, thanks to fiicking $ky.....we have nothing to do Saturday and 10 bloody days to wait until the next offering.

Surely that's a good thing? :wink: I'm personally quite happy RFC won't be ruining my weekend.

Doolittle

by Doolittle » 03 Dec 2015 22:53

Well we did look more solid defensively (apart from the Al-Howler) with 3 in midfield, although the general performance was affected by a lack of confidence resulting from the bad run combined with Clarke's Fulham shenanigans.

Despite that, I'd have just about taken a boring 0-0 as a necessary step to a more solid platform, but it was undermined by the error.

Was also wrong to play Vydra and Blackman as a front two, which was never going to work because neither can be a focal point for the attack. Blackman is wasted when he has to play right up front with his back to goal.

Should have been Sa in the middle (only player capable of holding the ball up), Blackman or McCleary on the right and Vydra or John on the left. Blackman and McCleary are both good players, but it unbalances the attack when he tries to play both together, because they both want to be in the same space. Only way to do it might be to try Blackman on the left, but he prefers cutting in from the right on his left foot.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 03 Dec 2015 22:54

MmmMonsterMunch Just when you think this shambles of a club can't get any worse, it somehow manages to do just that.

Madejski what have you fcuking done? Single handedly dismantled everything you helped create in a couple of years.

Calm down to a panic m8

1 win off the play offs in the 2nd tier in the clubs most successful decade in its history and you knee jerkers were pulling yourselves raw only a few weeks ago when we were in 2nd place.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Dec 2015 22:58

Doolittle Well we did look more solid defensively (apart from the Al-Howler) with 3 in midfield, although the general performance was affected by a lack of confidence resulting from the bad run combined with Clarke's Fulham shenanigans.

Despite that, I'd have just about taken a boring 0-0 as a necessary step to a more solid platform, but it was undermined by the error.

Was also wrong to play Vydra and Blackman as a front two, which was never going to work because neither can be a focal point for the attack. Blackman is wasted when he has to play right up front with his back to goal.

Should have been Sa in the middle (only player capable of holding the ball up), Blackman or McCleary on the right and Vydra or John on the left. Blackman and McCleary are both good players, but it unbalances the attack when he tries to play both together, because they both want to be in the same space. Only way to do it might be to try Blackman on the left, but he prefers cutting in from the right on his left foot.

Agree with all of this apart from the last point. Blackman on the right, Sa in the middle, HRK on the left. 3 in midfield, try to keep a consistent back 4 and Bond in goal.

Like you said, a zero shots on target 0-0 (even at home) would have been an improvement on the open and shocking performances of recent times. Regardless what happens Clarke isn't the right man to take us forward. That's painfully obvious to almost everyone now.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Dec 2015 22:59

Winston Smith
MmmMonsterMunch Just when you think this shambles of a club can't get any worse, it somehow manages to do just that.

Madejski what have you fcuking done? Single handedly dismantled everything you helped create in a couple of years.

Calm down to a panic m8

1 win off the play offs in the 2nd tier in the clubs most successful decade in its history and you knee jerkers were pulling yourselves raw only a few weeks ago when we were in 2nd place.

I don't care about the league placing one bit & that's not really what I am referring to. There's just this stench of apathy around the club that won't go away. The fans are not being entertained at all. This season I've attended because I think I should rather than actually wanting to be there. I can't speak for everyone of course but I've never ever known an atmosphere like it.

I can't see how they are ever going to fix it TBH.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Dec 2015 23:02

MmmMonsterMunch
Winston Smith

Calm down to a panic m8

I don't care about the league placing one bit & that's not really what I am referring to. There's just this stench of apathy around the club that won't go away. The fans are not being entertained at all. This season I've attended because I think I should rather than actually wanting to be there. I can't speak for everyone of course but I've never ever known an atmosphere like it.

I can't see how they are ever going to fix it TBH.

Maybe so but to blame Madejski for this is massively scraping the bottom of the barell.

And your last point is nothing less than hysterical, knee-jerk pessimistic overreaction. Are you a woman? :lol:

Ftr I agree with a lot of what you say but this is just a bit OTT to say the least.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2015 23:03

Madejski what have you fcuking done? Single handedly dismantled everything you helped create in a couple of years. It's all really rather sad & I shan't be renewing. :cry:

How can you get it so right & then get it so very badly wrong? Can't see this club ever having the feel good factor again.

The last time I genuinely enjoyed watching us at home was Jan 2013 when we beat WBA & got that point against Chelsea. 3 fcuking painful years since then. Had my fill of it now.

Jesus, some one put mmm on suicide watch

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Dec 2015 23:04

I do not blame JM for tonight. I blame him for selling the club out to the Russian shyster & things have never been right since.

I'll pick & choose away games as of next season because watching us at home is something akin to torture.
Last edited by MmmMonsterMunch on 03 Dec 2015 23:06, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2015 23:05

Fancy having a dig at the guy who saved this club on his 25th anniversary

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Dec 2015 23:14

Last week I considered returning to watch football, then it occurred to me that it will cost 25 kwid, to watch a group of players who barely care.
Managed by a manager who wants to leave.

On a Thursday night thanks to television oxf*rd.

So realising that these are the reason I stopped going I yet again stayed at home.

And looking at the home attendance of about 15k so did many others.

Bradford are better supported than us, why because they put the fans first. Something RFC have forgotten how to do since about 2007

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 03 Dec 2015 23:16

There was nothing like 15k in the Mad Stad tonight. I'd guess somewhere between 11 and 12.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Dec 2015 23:20

Armadillo Roadkill There was nothing like 15k in the Mad Stad tonight. I'd guess somewhere between 11 and 12.

That's fcuking terrible. But will probably make the board take notice TBH.

That's the sort of gate we'd get for a bog standard Carling cup game that was £10 a ticket.....Not a game against a fairly decent rival by today's standards & a fixture that usually has a bit of bite to it.

151 posts