16%
Ian Royal
10%

Total votes: 189
No Fixed Abode

Re: CONFIMRED - Blackman to Derby

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jan 2016 15:29

Sutekh
No Fixed Abode I don't think there is any explainable logic and you're kidding yourself it's a good move for Reading.

Your top scorer has gone. He's done very well this season. Now you've got to fill a big void and you better hope Vydra or Sa come good or perhaps bring back Samuel from Gillingham (if you can) or buy another striker/wide man that needs to hit the ground running straight away.....

It's like Leicester selling Vardy in this transfer window. I'm sure there would be some of their fans kidding themselves too. But you take those potential goals out of the team you will suffer imo.

Yeah, like he's been banging them in left right and centre for the last 2.5 months, we're really going to miss that contribution in the coming months - believe Vydra has scored just as many as Blackman did in that time.

See the league table without his contribution this season and you're hovering dangerously above the relegation zone...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jan 2016 15:32

That's a bit like saying if Chelsea hadn't have sold Cech to Arsenal they'd be above them in the league as all those shots on target Cech has kept our would've gone in so Arsenal would've lost every game.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 06 Jan 2016 15:37

Vydra is doing more agility work this week at Hogwood. Watch this space, I reckon a seam of goals soon. Told not to be too negative when it's not happening, play the game in 10 minute parcels , good advice. Reliable Source.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jan 2016 15:43

Hoop Blah That's a bit like saying if Chelsea hadn't have sold Cech to Arsenal they'd be above them in the league as all those shots on target Cech has kept our would've gone in so Arsenal would've lost every game.

No it isn't.
:|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jan 2016 15:46

No Fixed Abode
Hoop Blah That's a bit like saying if Chelsea hadn't have sold Cech to Arsenal they'd be above them in the league as all those shots on target Cech has kept our would've gone in so Arsenal would've lost every game.

No it isn't.

Why?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jan 2016 15:48

"Here he comes to save the day" :lol:

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 06 Jan 2016 15:54

UpThePrem
TommyF I think this could prove to be a big loss for RFC - but not because Blackman has gone but the effect his going has.

What must players like Gunter, McCleary or Norwood be thinking - we're struggling to score and we sell the player who has scored a third of our goals? I can only see this impacting badly on the side as they suddenly feel they don't really have support or that the owner lack belief in the side to achieve.

Not convinced this is the case. If you look at the goal celebrations, these three are never to be seen with him following a goal. If the rumours are to be true that he was not a good team player, the three you have highlighted are the most likely to like him leaving. McCleary will get more game time, Gunter will partner McCleary on the left who he is far better with and Norwood may well have far better outlets now he has gone. I think it could improve all three of them.

Happy for that to be the case but I still feel that the players could do with some form of statement of intent from the club

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jan 2016 15:58

No Fixed Abode

No it isn't.

You're suggesting we remove everything Blackman has done and look at the results, as if we didn't have someone else who would've played if he didn't exist.

If you remove everything Cech has done from Arsenal, in the same way, then they've probably lost every game.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Jan 2016 16:02

Yeah you are going to have to dumb that down a lot further for him before it clicks

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jan 2016 16:08

Hoop Blah
No Fixed Abode

No it isn't.

You're suggesting we remove everything Blackman has done and look at the results, as if we didn't have someone else who would've played if he didn't exist.

If you remove everything Cech has done from Arsenal, in the same way, then they've probably lost every game.

I'm suggesting that if Vardy or Mahrez weren't in the Leicester team this season I'm fairly certain they wouldn't be so high in the table as their contribution has been immense. I'm pretty sure if you replaced Cech with say Begovic, the points tally for Arsenal wouldn't be that much different.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 06 Jan 2016 16:08

stealthpapes This sort of thing happens. Take the money, rework the side, move on.

this. like it or not, the buying and selling of assets is how business works.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 06 Jan 2016 16:09

No Fixed Abode

No it isn't.

NFA - Literally, what the fuck are you talking about?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jan 2016 16:10

Extended-Phenotype Yeah you are going to have to dumb that down a lot further for him before it clicks

Just say 'no' m8!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jan 2016 16:12

Tony Le Mesmer
No Fixed Abode

No it isn't.

Pretty obvious. But to make it even more obvious.........If Real sold Ronaldo they would miss his contribution. But by Hoop Blah's logic, Real wouldn't miss Ronaldo.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 Jan 2016 16:19

just give it up kes, you've had a clusterfucking mare here, go back to trolling people of the chelsea fred in GF :arrow:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jan 2016 16:23

WoodleyRoyal just give it up kes, you've had a clusterfucking mare here, go back to trolling people of the chelsea fred in GF :arrow:

Why? It's a valid point.

Also - if Blackman wasn't that good and somebody could have come in and done an equally good job, why didn't they?

It's all conjecture of course. I just don't get this attitude of "He's gone, he wasn't that good anyway". Especially as he's been one of Reading's better players this season.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 Jan 2016 16:26

No Fixed Abode
WoodleyRoyal just give it up kes, you've had a clusterfucking mare here, go back to trolling people of the chelsea fred in GF :arrow:

Why? It's a valid point.

Also - if Blackman wasn't that good and somebody could have come in and done an equally good job, why didn't they?

It's all conjecture of course. I just don't get this attitude of "He's gone, he wasn't that good anyway". Especially as he's been one of Reading's better players this season.

I will take mark twain's advice to never argue with a stupid person (aka you), as they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Jan 2016 16:26

No Fixed Abode
Tony Le Mesmer
No Fixed Abode [

No it isn't.

Pretty obvious. But to make it even more obvious.........If Real sold Ronaldo they would miss his contribution. But by Hoop Blah's logic, Real wouldn't miss Ronaldo.

they wouldn't miss him to the extent that you could remove all his contributions from their points tally and leave it at that.
real would replace him with a bale, who would core some goals and make some assists, therefore...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2016 16:27

Of all the mares Kes has had, this one probably ranks somewhere in the middle.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 06 Jan 2016 16:28

CountryRoyal Incase anyone was wondering where we'd be without Blackman:

Blackman scored 11 league goals for us against 9 teams in 10 games (Bristol X 2) for a gain of 9 points.

- 2 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Bristol (H) - 1 W + 1 D
- 0 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Hull
- 1 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Rotherham - 1 D + 1 L
- 2 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Charlton - 1 W + 1 D
- 0 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Middlesbrough
- 2 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Burnley - 1 W + 1 D
- 0 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Bristol (A)
- 0 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Ipswich
- 2 points - 2 goals us + 2 goals Brentford - 1 W + 1 D(A)
- 0 points - 1 goal us + 1 goal Birmingham

# Team Pl W D L Pts +/-
1 Middlesbrough 24 16 4 4 52 25
2 Derby County 25 13 9 3 48 20
3 Hull City 25 14 5 6 47 19
4 Brighton and Hove Albion 25 11 11 3 44 6
5 Burnley 25 11 10 4 43 12
6 Ipswich Town 25 11 8 6 41 5
7 Sheffield Wednesday 25 10 9 6 39 8
8 Birmingham City 25 11 6 8 39 4
9 Cardiff City 25 9 10 6 37 4
10 Brentford 25 10 7 8 37 4
11 Wolverhampton 25 9 7 9 34 0
12 Leeds United 25 7 11 7 32 -2
13 Nottingham Forest 25 7 10 8 31 1
14 Preston North End 25 7 10 8 31 -1
15 Queens Park Rangers 25 7 9 9 30 -3
16 Blackburn Rovers 24 6 10 8 28 1
17 Huddersfield Town 25 7 7 11 28 -6
18 Fulham 25 6 9 10 27 -3
19 Reading 25 5 9 11 24 -9
20 Rotherham United 25 7 2 16 24 -13
21 Milton Keynes Dons 25 6 5 14 23 -12
22 Bristol City 25 4 10 11 23 -21
23 Charlton Athletic 25 4 9 12 21 -20
24 Bolton Wanderers 25 2 11 12 17 -20

Of course it doesn't take into account his assists (we're there any? :lol: ) or that someone else could have scored the penalty...etc but it's just a basic demonstration of his influence on the season.

Correct me if I got anything wrong!

Sorry, but I think this table is incorrect in that you have only deducted 9 points from Reading's current points tally. What you have not done is redistribute our deducted points to those teams we played. At a quick glance, Charlton should then be on 21, Bristol City on 22 etc.

898 posts