53%
Yes - only if £5m+
16%
Ian Royal
10%

Total votes: 189
semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

Re: Would you cash in on Blackman?

by semtex1871 » 01 Jan 2016 17:37

I have it from a good sauce that he will definitely not be signing a new contract with Reading........

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 01 Jan 2016 18:31

semtex1871 I have it from a good sauce that he will definitely not be signing a new contract with Reading........

Nothing like a good sauce.

But does anyone actually want to buy him?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 01 Jan 2016 18:47

semtex1871 I have it from a good sauce that he will definitely not be signing a new contract with Reading........

I wouldn't get too carried away with your sauce (source) as we all know how things can get blown out of all proportion ..

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 01 Jan 2016 19:10

Blackman is far from being crap, he is just being isolated out on the wing, play him behind the front man and you get from him what he does best.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 01 Jan 2016 19:21

howser Blackman is far from being crap, he is just being isolated out on the wing, play him behind the front man and you get from him what he does best.

If we can all see it why can't the messiah ?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 01 Jan 2016 19:30

[quote="Longhorn1970"][quote="howser"]Blackman is far from being crap, he is just being isolated out on the wing, play him behind the front man and you get from him what he does best.[/quote]

If we can all see it why can't the messiah ?[/quote]

Maybe he just wants rid of him, after all I have found it strange that our only early season reliable scorer has not been offered a new contract ? maybe the Thais need the money for the first few loads of cement for their development of the site ??

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Jan 2016 21:15

howser
Longhorn1970 I have found it strange that our only early season reliable scorer has not been offered a new contract ?

Or his agents are asking for too much.......

To which the club are doing nothing in response. May explain the complete lack of interest on the pitch.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2016 21:46

Longhorn1970
Ian Royal
Sanguine Blackman is strong enough to play the 'bigger guy' role in the front two, and his movement would be gold dust to someone like Vydra who for all his inconsistency, has lacked a real strike partner so far. I'd swap Blackman for Sa.

I don't think Blackman's really got the right desire for playing the 'bigger guy' in a front two. He wants to find space and beat people. Not get in a tussle, hold up the ball and feed someone else.

I really really hope we move away from 4-4-2, because I think the player mix we have is far stronger in a different system. We can certainly play 4-4-2 effectively, but not without losing the contributions of at least two quality central midfielders and the best of a couple or three forwards.

I don't really think we've got a reliable and effective left winger at the club. John's very very hit and miss, Hurtado seems a bit average in his very minor cameos (plus more right sided), HRK hasn't really done the business at left wing and is more of a forward. Likewise Blackman. McCleary's clearly best suited to the right hand side. Maybe Fosu... but he's very unproven and getting ahead of those above is a big ask. Piazon certainly can't play left wing.

But pushed up and slightly narrower as a left forward, well HRK, Piazon and Vydra are all plenty capable there. McCleary's capable of it on the right and the right side forward it's clearly Blackman's best position. It also allows three of Quinn, Williams, Norwood, Tish and Fernandez to play in midfield. So without the ball we can press high with the front three backed up by midfield getting turnover where we can do damage, but also easily drop off into a 4-5-1 and squeeze the space in our half if necessary. It leaves a midfielder free easier to drop off and cover a full back overlapping. It offers more passing options through the middle.

Like all things especially at this level a decent 'proven' front man or winger commands a decent price which we are not willing or able to pay - I don't see it changing under the current regime

I neither agree with that, nor really see that it has a great deal to do with what i wrote... so I'm left rather confused.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Jan 2016 23:59

Ian Royal I neither agree with that, nor really see that it has a great deal to do with what i wrote... so I'm left rather confused.

Try not to get too confused by his aimless witterings, I find they're not worth reading let alone the thought required to decipher them.

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 02 Jan 2016 17:47

Massive +1 to all the those who said keep him today.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Jan 2016 17:51

He was crap today. The only good thing he did was create and score that goal. His passing was atrocious.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 02 Jan 2016 17:57

Royal Ginger He was crap today. The only good thing he did was create and score that goal. His passing was atrocious.

Brilliant. Hopefully McDopey will stop playing him on the wing where he's rubbish and play him in the middle......

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 02 Jan 2016 18:02

Royal Ginger He was crap today. The only good thing he did was create and score that goal. His passing was atrocious.

This, though is it chicken or egg? I would have subbed him instead of Sa. :o

JIM

by JIM » 02 Jan 2016 18:04

Only to a top Premier club, not to championship rivals

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Jan 2016 19:03

McLeary ran at same the fullback and the guy melted away.

Sa would have profited from a better service.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 02 Jan 2016 19:25

And the berating of Gunter for not reaching one of the crap passes was laughable. Far play to Brian for switching it around though.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Jan 2016 01:28

Lower West

McLeary ran at same the fullback and the guy melted away.

Sa would have profited from a better service.

Indeed

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 03 Jan 2016 10:03

Played poorly today, and surely shows why he wouldn't be much of a loss.

Does next to nothing all game, pops up with a late goal, goads the opposition bench and acts like the world has done him wrong.

Maybe he's playing out of position, but why not just get your head down and work harder, instead of giving it the massive EGO thing.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 04 Jan 2016 12:45

+1.

No point in having Blackman playing on the right wing, hes a poor Championship right winger having no right foot or crossing or passing ability. Likewise, Piazon is pointless as a left winger. Same for Al Habsi and Bond, both being pointlessly played out of position in goal when they clearly aren't goalkeepers.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 04 Jan 2016 22:44

royal_rumble Played poorly today, and surely shows why he wouldn't be much of a loss.

Does next to nothing all game, pops up with a late goal, goads the opposition bench and acts like the world has done him wrong.

Maybe he's playing out of position, but why not just get your head down and work harder, instead of giving it the massive EGO thing.

Agree, hopefully get rid in January and blend Coxy back into the side.
With the money saved we could make a serious bid for Mackie.
We also need to dump Sarr and Piezo asap.

898 posts