16%
Ian Royal
10%

Total votes: 189
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Would you cash in on Blackman?

by andrew1957 » 04 Jan 2016 22:48

Really surprised that so many on here would sell him for 1m or so. I guess it all depends on our ambition for this season. If we have given up on top 6 then I could understand the wish to sell BUT if we have any ambition for top 6 and as he is our only player who currently seems capable of scoring, it seems to me that it is vital we keep him for the rest of the season unless there is a silly bid of say 5M plus - hence I voted for that option.

Personally I think he is underrated and hope he signs another contact - although I think this is unlikely as there will be a long line of clubs keen to sign him in May.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Jan 2016 22:53

taipairoyal
royal_rumble Played poorly today, and surely shows why he wouldn't be much of a loss.

Does next to nothing all game, pops up with a late goal, goads the opposition bench and acts like the world has done him wrong.

Maybe he's playing out of position, but why not just get your head down and work harder, instead of giving it the massive EGO thing.

Agree, hopefully get rid in January and blend Coxy back into the side.
With the money saved we could make a serious bid for Mackie.
We also need to dump Sarr and Piezo asap.

You are bonkers if you think Cox is better. And do we really need Mackie? Sa is unlikely to go anywhere as he signed a 3 year contract and no one is likely to come in for him unless he starts to score more goals.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Jan 2016 22:57

royal_rumble Played poorly today, and surely shows why he wouldn't be much of a loss.

Does next to nothing all game, pops up with a late goal, goads the opposition bench and acts like the world has done him wrong.

Maybe he's playing out of position, but why not just get your head down and work harder, instead of giving it the massive EGO thing.

If Blackman plays up front with Vydra for the rest of the season and we use McCleary/John and the likes or Hurtado or Stacey on the wing I think he is nailed on to score 20 league goals this season provided he keeps fit. Honestly some on here are never happy as you have been crying out for a 20 goal striker for years and now we have one in Blackman and you want him to go! Bonkers the lot of you!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Jan 2016 23:02

andrew1957

If Blackman plays up front with Vydra for the rest of the season and we use McCleary/John and the likes or Hurtado or Stacey on the wing I think he is nailed on to score 20 league goals this season provided he keeps fit. Honestly some on here are never happy as you have been crying out for a 20 goal striker for years and now we have one in Blackman and you want him to go! Bonkers the lot of you!

It's a big If
Brian only brought McC on as a sub. He seems to think Blackman can play wide despite all evidence to the contrary.
I think people are not bothered if he goes if he is going to be continually played out of position where he is so ineffective

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Jan 2016 23:16

bcubed
andrew1957

It's a big If
Brian only brought McC on as a sub. He seems to think Blackman can play wide despite all evidence to the contrary.
I think people are not bothered if he goes if he is going to be continually played out of position where he is so ineffective

I have to say that I agree that it is odd that both SC and now BM have been playing Blackman more on the wing. I can only assume that the logic is that he can still cut in and score from a wing position BUT the evidence suggested that he wants to be central and looks half the player when he is out wide.

But it is not the players fault that he is being played wide and so hardly a reason to want him to go. Surely better to just give him the gig and play him up top with Vydra as Sa is not doing enough to warrant a start and I think HRK (although he would no doubt disagree) is also better out wide too and he just does not score enough goals to play in a front two. And so with many wide players to choose from I just do not understand why we don't just stick with Blackman up front with Vydra from now on and see where that takes us. I think it would benefit Vydra to have a regular partner as recently he seems to play with a different player each week! Together they might form a partnership that takes us to the top 6.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2016 09:07

Bid from Sheff Wed accepted apparently :lol: ffs.

Surely he'll knock them back.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 Jan 2016 09:22

Pepe the Horseman Bid from Sheff Wed accepted apparently :lol: ffs.

Surely he'll knock them back.

Just heard the same. Maybe he's pining for Sheffield again? We know he's a surly git and not a team player so maybe McD is getting rid to try to create a better atmosphere? Maybe Samuel is fit and raring to go after his stint at GIllingham?

Frankly if we make a profit on Blackman it must be good sense.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 05 Jan 2016 09:28

Really? I'd rather try to keep one player actually performing rather than snaffle an extra 500k/ 1m over what we paid and then risk that on another signing,

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2016 09:30

At least you'll be able to see him every week.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2016 09:42

I was expecting some kind of meltdown on here this morning. Has everyone overslept?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 05 Jan 2016 09:49

Had my meLOLtdown on Twitter....but for the Hob Nob records.....Joke Club #readingfc

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Jan 2016 09:53

Does my tgs bet carry on if he transfers to Sheff Wed?

Slater1993

CONFIMRED - Blackman to Derby

by Slater1993 » 05 Jan 2016 09:55

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Jan 2016 10:02

David GarridoVerified account
‏@SkySportsDavid
Sky Sources: Reading accept bid from Sheffield Wednesday for striker Nick Blackman, and Wednesday are now in talks with the player. #SWFC

What the actual fcuk?

Are we nearly broke again or something?

hatrick_hero

by hatrick_hero » 05 Jan 2016 10:03

LWJ Does my tgs bet carry on if he transfers to Sheff Wed?

Yes

Brian McDermott

by Brian McDermott » 05 Jan 2016 10:04

Off to Sheffield Wednesday?? Guess they are more likely to get playoffs than us. :(

Great. Can not wait to see us struggle even more for goals, with more of Hal Robson-Kanu up front.

RustyRoyal

Re: RUMOUR - Blackman to Wednesday

by RustyRoyal » 05 Jan 2016 10:06

No thanks. Said earlier in the year he wanted to sign to a new contract so hoping we can get him on a longer one.

Armadillo Roadkill

Re: RUMOUR - Blackman to Wednesday

by Armadillo Roadkill » 05 Jan 2016 10:09

Sell the one player we have who has any idea where the goal is? Madness.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Jan 2016 10:10

I utterly detest and despise Sheffield Wednesday.

Their new motto "on our way back" - to where exactly? Yo-yoing between the top two divisions?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Jan 2016 10:14

tbh if i was him i would wait until the summer before leaving

IF we go up then he's a Premier League player, if we don't and he continues to score then he'll be one with another club, surely?!

Either way i'm not too fussed about him leaving - he's had 4 good months but hasn't been outstanding

898 posts