genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Blackman to Wednesday

by genome » 05 Jan 2016 15:39

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 05 Jan 2016 15:42

Bad News. He said he wanted to stay so we should have tied up his contract. We seemed to have lost our ambition if we can't keep our best players. Could understand him going to Derby or Mdboro or even Bomo but not Sheff Wed. Sounds like they are offering better terms.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 05 Jan 2016 15:45

paddy20 Bad News. He said he wanted to stay so we should have tied up his contract. We seemed to have lost our ambition if we can't keep our best players. Could understand him going to Derby or Mdboro or even Bomo but not Sheff Wed. Sounds like they are offering better terms.

you realise how much money Wednesday have just come into?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Would you cash in on Blackman?

by 3points » 05 Jan 2016 15:46

Maybe it's the Sheff Weds Thais, washing money through the Reading Thais' laundry?

bluerinse

by bluerinse » 05 Jan 2016 15:53

\\\\\\\\\wednesday have a Thai owner who is related to one of our Thai gentlemen. So not surprised some deal has been done. Heard that the fee is £2m with an add on if Wednesday get to the Premier League.

Tommio

by Tommio » 05 Jan 2016 15:59

bluerinse \\\\\\\\\wednesday have a Thai owner who is related to one of our Thai gentlemen. So not surprised some deal has been done. Heard that the fee is £2m with an add on if Wednesday get to the Premier League.

They aren't related...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2016 15:59

marlowuk
Binfield Royal http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10119718/reading-accept-sheffield-wednesdays-bid-for-nick-blackman
Sky Sports News HQ understands Reading have accepted a bid for their top scorer Nick Blackman from Sheffield Wednesday.

There is a video of Blackman's goals on that page and it does show how slow his team mates (with the exception of Williams) are to rush over to him and congratulate him. Contrast that with the 'scrum melee' that drowned Williams after his strike against Blackburn and I begin to wonder if NB is a cause of unrest amongst the side. If so then we are better getting rid of him!

On a similar note you can see at times that he doesn't seem that impressed when others score (might just be his demeanor of course). It might even have been that Williams goal, where he scored and Blackman just looked pissed off that he hadn't passed it to him instead.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 05 Jan 2016 16:14

LWJ As on the other thread on the TB:

I'm not too fussed on him leaving. The team is restricted with him on the pitch and the manager can't risk dropping him as he's our top goal scorer.

Would also give us the benefit of having actual wingers (ala last 20 against Bristol City) who can attack fullbacks. If Sa had been on he would have capitalised on the numerous balls in the box where Blackman hadn't bothered to run for.

He also has a serious attitude problem if he doesn't get passed the ball.

Thanks for the goals Nick, cya.

^^ That

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2016 16:22

John Madejski's Wallet
LWJ As on the other thread on the TB:

I'm not too fussed on him leaving. The team is restricted with him on the pitch and the manager can't risk dropping him as he's our top goal scorer.

Would also give us the benefit of having actual wingers (ala last 20 against Bristol City) who can attack fullbacks. If Sa had been on he would have capitalised on the numerous balls in the box where Blackman hadn't bothered to run for.

He also has a serious attitude problem if he doesn't get passed the ball.

Thanks for the goals Nick, cya.

^^ That

I tend to agree however at least he's scored some goals....

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 05 Jan 2016 16:24

Know one of his friends. He doesn't want to go. Happy here, but not been offered a new contract. This is the club shipping him out. Simples.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jan 2016 16:25

Platypuss probably called it. No coincidence B-Mac complains to media about egos and then we accept a bid for him the day the window opens.

This is, of course, complete guesswork.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2016 16:27

3points Maybe it's the Sheff Weds Thais, washing money through the Reading Thais' laundry?

they must crackers

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2016 16:30

The Prisoner Know one of his friends. He doesn't want to go. Happy here, but not been offered a new contract. This is the club shipping him out. Simples.

Even better if this is true as it'll show some strong leadership and direction from the club.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jan 2016 16:32

I hear Sheff Weds are hoping to have the deal Thaied up by the weekend.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2016 16:34

The Prisoner Know one of his friends. He doesn't want to go. Happy here, but not been offered a new contract. This is the club shipping him out. Simples.

Well, you were spot on with the Neil Lennon shout, so I guess this must be true.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Jan 2016 16:45

Bet it turns out to be more like £1m

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 05 Jan 2016 16:45

Pepe the Horseman

Well, you were spot on with the Neil Lennon shout, so I guess this must be true.

Absolutely! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am in NW England and someone who is involved at BWFC gave me that. I think the fact that they are still cocking around with administration put payed to it as apparently NL refuses to walk and they can't afford to sack him. There was defo *something* there, but paying a team who are on the edge of the abyss does seem daft whether you rate NL or not.

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 05 Jan 2016 16:46

marlowuk
Binfield Royal http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10119718/reading-accept-sheffield-wednesdays-bid-for-nick-blackman
Sky Sports News HQ understands Reading have accepted a bid for their top scorer Nick Blackman from Sheffield Wednesday.

There is a video of Blackman's goals on that page and it does show how slow his team mates (with the exception of Williams) are to rush over to him and congratulate him. Contrast that with the 'scrum melee' that drowned Williams after his strike against Blackburn and I begin to wonder if NB is a cause of unrest amongst the side. If so then we are better getting rid of him!

As I stated in my previous post (see page 2)
Blackman is very (and i mean very) unpopular in the dressing room because of his over inflated ego and insistence on playing the game for his own personal gain and not for that of the team. He also has a habit of telling other players how good he is and starts every sentence with "did you see my", closely followed by goal, pass, shot etc etc

So whilst he is this season scoring goals, his ability to wind up and unsettle his team mates far outways his actual ability as a player - SELL SELL SELL

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 05 Jan 2016 16:56

Gone to Derby - done deal

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2016 16:57

Dixeyroyal
marlowuk

As I stated in my previous post (see page 2)
Blackman is very (and i mean very) unpopular in the dressing room because of his over inflated ego and insistence on playing the game for his own personal gain and not for that of the team. He also has a habit of telling other players how good he is and starts every sentence with "did you see my", closely followed by goal, pass, shot etc etc

So whilst he is this season scoring goals, his ability to wind up and unsettle his team mates far outways his actual ability as a player - SELL SELL SELL

Sources? Actual quotes?

898 posts